Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiristao

Other than that one poor kick, I thought he had a good game. One world class save. Saved a penalty. Came out of the box to cover the CB's. That is something I have seen him so pretty much the first time in his career at United.

Mercurial

It’s a shame penalty was retaken. Not fair, as he touched the line. In fact, it felt like Atkinson was bribed or something
Also odd the regulations allows for a change of the penalty taker on a re-kick.

SambaBoy

Good game by De Gea. Don't think he could do much with any of the goals, saved a penalty for once which was impressive. Save from Ayew was fanastic and seemed to collect more balls into the box and come off his line to save some dodgy backpasses.

CG1010

I feel really bad for him. Finally a penalty save and it got disallowed for the tiniest infringement. Its like a tragedy drama written by some supernatural power :lol:

RashyForPM

There are far more pressing concerns at this club than dropping DDG. He was our best starting player yesterday bar none.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He had one miskick early on, the rest of the game he was totally calm and handled everything well. Strange to talk about dropping him after such a strong performance.
I don't think Ole will drop him.

He looked good yesterday. What was especially pleasing was seeing him come off his line on multiple occasions. I assume it’s something he’s been told to do and to work on.

Brighton 2:3 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There were a couple of times today where DeGea made himself big and saved our bacon. Brighton probably should've done better on a few 1v1s but DeGea did his part to put them off, and that one with the toe poke from six yards he reacted perfectly. A few months ago that might've dribbled through his legs. Glad to see his head in the game.

kiristao

Was much more vocal today screaming at defenders to close down the Brighton players taking shots from outside the D.

acnumber9

I was surprised to read he's only saved 2 out of 29 penalties, amongst the worst records in the league.
I wouldn’t be. He’s always been terrible at it and 98% of the time just falls to his right. The two he saved were from Van Persie and Lukaku and were both low and to his right.

Irrational.

I wouldn’t be. He’s always been terrible at it and 98% of the time just falls to his right. The two he saved were from Van Persie and Lukaku and were both low and to his right.
For a top level keeper that is very poor. It pretty much means we don't stand a chance in penalty shootouts.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Didn’t he save one against Coleman as well? Not that this makes that huge of a difference, though!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
5 goals conceded at start of the reason, he must be exploding with optimism, but this is how he can show strength if only his defensive block is willing to do the same.

acnumber9

Didn’t he save one against Coleman as well? Not that this makes that huge of a difference, though!
That I can recall. One from Van Persie at Old Trafford and one from Lukaku in the Cup semi final. I can’t think when Seamus Coleman would ever have taken a penalty much less against United.

nemanja15

That I can recall. One from Van Persie at Old Trafford and one from Lukaku in the Cup semi final. I can’t think when Seamus Coleman would ever have taken a penalty much less against United.
It was Baines, not Coleman! Right picture in your heads, wrong full-back. 2014/15, early LVG.

Based Adnan

Nothing has changed with regards to his willingness to come off his line

At one point there was a ball into his 6 yard area with zero Brighton players anywhere near it and the inevitable away shout came from our rooted goalkeeper.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was Baines. That was probably the game after which people truly started rating him as among the best GKs in the world

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Another really solid performance from him. He’s being let down by others around him and much more vocal today in letting them know!

Levenstein

Have started the season well and some of his weaker abilities are getting better. Much much more vocal and runs to the defenders when they f**k up. Also coming for the crosses more often and plays better with ball on his feet.

sugar_kane

Seems to have reacted well to bringing back Henderson, which is good as it was a very bold move.

Foxbatt

The defence is so shitty in our box because of him. He never instructs his players. Defenders out of position could be helped a lot by a keeper shouting at them. He is not a good organiser. he may be a brilliant individual stop stopper but as a top class keeper he needs to organise his defence by alerting them to the opposing players too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looked at goalkeeper error stats assuming I could use them to mock Pickford but when I looked at it it's actually more interesting in how De Gea fares.

Total errors over the last three PL seasons (error leading to chance + error leading to goal).

Pickford: 6, 8, 5
De Gea: 4, 4, 3
Allison: 3, 6, n/a
Ederson: 6, 2, 6

Total errors leading to goals:

Pickford: 4, 4, 2
De Gea: 3, 4, 0
Allison: 1, 3, n/a
Ederson: 3, 0, 2

De Gea's actually not as bad as I assumed he'd be in terms of the total amount of errors, with both Allison and Ederson having had recent seasons where they made half again as many as De Gea did in either of the seasons just gone. Two seasons like that in Ederson's case.

it's just that a higher proportion of his have led to goals, whereas their mistakes were more likely to lead to chances for the opposition that weren't converted. Which might be down to the types of mistakes they make and the chances that are then created? Or it might just be down to luck. Also note that De Gea still made three mistakes in his last excellent season but none of those were converted.

Kinda interesting, I thought.

Raw

I'd like to see Henderson play more now. I'm sick to death of him being rooted to his line.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Henderson or De Gea in goal wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference given the shambles in front of them today.

De Gea quite a ways down the list in terms of people who should be blamed for that shitshow.

Idxomer

This should be it for him, we have a more proactive keeper dying for the chance to prove himself and it should be given to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.