Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wouldn’t feel too bad giving Henderson the start on Tuesday, but it would be prudent to let DDG hopefully continue this form (he had some quality spells v. Switzerland).

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Incredible save from Wilson at 1-1. We don't win the game if that goes in.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The best thing about that save was that he pushed it away from Wilson whilst pulling it off. Ridiculous

UncleBob

He was starting 40 games last season, 36 being in the Premier league (ineligible for the games vs United). Keeping him at the club to play League and FA Cup games doesn't make sense.
Who cares, it's hardly a fecking surprise that the first choice goalkeeper starts in the league and in the champions league, especially in the big matches

Revan

Assumptionman
He was starting 40 games last season, 36 being in the Premier league (ineligible for the games vs United). Keeping him at the club to play League and FA Cup games doesn't make sense.
He was first choice keeper last year, he is second choice keeper this year. He’ll get the matches a second choice keeper gets, unless he displaces De Gea (which IMO he has no chance of doing cause he is not that good).

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He was first choice keeper last year, he is second choice keeper this year. He’ll get the matches a second choice keeper gets, unless he displaces De Gea (which IMO he has no chance of doing cause he is not that good).
If that's the case, ridiculous to give him 100K a week.

Alemar

Excellent performance from de Gea, fantastic save, and a few good other saves too. Unlucky to not have got a clean sheet, but it’s hard to envisage that your fullback is going to hit the target.

Toad

I would have liked to have seen him make more of an attempt to stop the own goal. Not sure if he would have made it, but it looped up slow enough that I think he could've at least got close.

Great save in the second half though.
He didn’t have a chance, wrong footed because he expected a cross, just a freak goal. No goalkeeper would have saved that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He didn’t have a chance, wrong footed because he expected a cross, just a freak goal. No goalkeeper would have saved that.
Disagree... De Gea of 2/3 years ago would have saved it.

We've seen him save deflected shots at closer range.

Also he actually moves his feet quite a lot between the ball deflecting and it going in... Its a really weird one.

Toad

Disagree... De Gea of 2/3 years ago would have saved it.

We've seen him save deflected shots at closer range.

Also he actually moves his feet quite a lot between the ball deflecting and it going in... Its a really weird one.
We will have to agree to disagree but nobody it taking that away from his performance tonight :)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whether a goalkeeper could theoretically save it or not, you wouldn't expect a goalkeeper to save it. It was an unexpectedly deft finish from Shaw and there's only so much De Gea can do when he has to anticipate it following its original path.

Incidentally, he must hate Shaw. Against Spurs he was screaming at him for not getting into position and today he's watching as Shaw finesses the ball past him.

El Zoido

That save was fantastic. If he'd just stopped it, Wilson would have followed it up. He pushed it away well, and deliberately, just superb goalkeeping.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This kind of save highlights what De Gea is better at than any other goalkeeper that I've seen. Not just the capability to make a save like that (most keepers do) but doing it often and most important of all, saving the ball out of the danger zone. We remember these saves because the opposition doesn't follow up with a tap-in. It's only a recently measured statistic for goalkeepers, saving the ball out of danger area, and De Gea dominated that statistic last time I saw it (which was before last season).

Devil may care

The save from Saint Maxim when he clattered into the post was good, the save from Wilson wss world class and crucial.

Green_Red

Credit where its due, very good today. Hopefully the start of a bit of form.

Tel074

I would have liked to have seen him make more of an attempt to stop the own goal. Not sure if he would have made it, but it looped up slow enough that I think he could've at least got close.

Great save in the second half though.
Yeah I know he just stood there while a crazy deflection scooped past him into the net .. Jesus wept

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Say what you will about his consistency the last couple of seasons but that is a world class save not many goalkeepers is able to make once. He has quite the few of them.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Loved his being less rooted to the line today as well. I remember a couple of times he collected the ball in his hands well out in his penalty box. He doesn’t have to become Neuer 2.0, but any extended field that he can cover with his hands / feet will just alleviate the pressure on the defense.

windco

Kept us in the game , if he let that in it's 2-1 and we might be done for.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It’s not just the save it’s the after care if it too. If he pushed that ball anywhere else it’s a goal on the rebound.

That for me is one of the differences between him and Henderson’s shot stopping. De Gea has the world class after care whereas Henderson just stops the shot.

Andersons Dietician

He looked more like the Degea of old and a couple of good saves. More worrying for me is why are there three Newcastle players that can score there and 1 LB trying to cover all 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.