Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The only way people will accept he isn’t if he makes zero mistakes and as soon as anything remotely mistake like appears they’ll come for him again.
I don't expect him to make zero mistakes but we do need him to finish the season with much fewer damaging mistakes than he managed in the last two seasons.

It's actually a fairly measurable thing, despite the stats only picking up on certain types of errors. In his best PL seasons De Gea was officially making 0 or 1 errors that led to a goal. In his last two PL seasons he made 3 or 4. It's a fairly clear difference.

As it stands this season he's on 0. So he has scope to make a major goal-conceding howler (along with a few other less costly errors) and still be about on par with his best PL seasons in terms of mistakes. It's if multiple major errors go in that we have a problem. So on that front we should all really reserve judgement on him until the season has wrapped. Because any improvement or lack of improvement on recent seasons will probably be pretty evident at that point.

United58

He's improved a lot this season; in our last game against Villa, he was fantastic. I don't think he'll ever reach 2017 height again (those were insane and arguably higher than what Schmeichel and VDS reached) but he's really upped his game under the threat of Henderson. Long may it continue.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
So there was recently the issue where he comes out and turns his back and so he's not as big as he should be.

Looking at his first games what he used to do what just stand tall and wait for the striker to shoot and then block with whatever. How comes he stopped doing this? Is it because of his reaction speed and he's realised he's not as fast as he used to be? Why would that be a reason?

I wonder what kind of character he has, as a person, I wonder if he is confident in his ability or if he has a bit of imposter syndrome

Alemar

Very good clean sheet, zero saves don’t change it one bit - not his fault that Burnley never hit the target today

Riz

This really pissed me off tonight. The ball was right there for him to come and snatch but as always he stays squatting on his line while McT clears which leads to nasty clash of heads and could’ve easily been an equaliser once the pinballing started.

Distribution was as good as I've ever seen it tonight. Pinged a few beautiful balls into midfield.

That being said I cannot believe he didn't claim that ball bouncing in his six yard box during extra time, I think I could've stepped forward a few feet and caught that one. Almost cost us

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That right at the end is why we need to transition to Henderson. Not claiming balls like that just creates doubt and puts us under pressure time and time again.

Based Adnan

Unusually good distribution tonight

Up to his usual rooted to the line antics though. Dread to think how many goals we've conceded due to him not wanting to be proactive and come out for crosses during his time here.

Sylar

Really good distribution with feet and hand today.

Agree he needs to come off the line and claim the ball, but unfortunately hes not going to just add that this late into his career. there was another moment where he could have taken another one in the first half, but I think he was just rooted and I think bailly or shaw had to come across to clear it (when it would have been more sensible for him to do so as hes facing the ball rather than running towards our goal).

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Good distribution but agree if he comes and claims that ball last minute it’s a lot easier for everyone. That could have been costly and it wasn’t a hard one to get a hand to.

I will say though you are as a GK told to do one or the other and De Gea being on his line is because he knows he’s an excellent shot stopper and the extra split second by being on your like increases the chance of saving an effort. That said it was in my view a poor decision on this occasion.

spiriticon

It's frustrating because it's not as if he has to catch a Beckham-style cross out of mid air. That ball was just bouncing about the penalty area with the speed of a snail. All he has to do is jump for it and if anyone so much as even nudges him, it's a foul and a free kick to us.

Red00012

It's frustrating because it's not as if he has to catch a Beckham-style cross out of mid air. That ball was just bouncing about the penalty area with the speed of a snail. All he has to do is jump for it and if anyone so much as even nudges him, it's a foul and a free kick to us.
Or even punch the thing

Idxomer

Every keeper would love to claim that ball at the end of the game yesterday except him, he'd rather stay on his line.

Alemar

Every keeper would love to claim that ball at the end of the game yesterday except him, he'd rather stay on his line.
Yes, but at the same time, is it actually a good thing that we heavily criticize the goalkeeper after a victory and a clean sheet?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Yes, but at the same time, is it actually a good thing that we heavily criticize the goalkeeper after a victory and a clean sheet?
This is one of the few ocsssions where I don’t think he’s been heavily criticised by people.

He had little to do today due to good organisation on the whole but we rode our luck on that last cross.

criticalanalysis

It's still a fundamental issue and will continue to surface as history has shown. Some posters are right in that maybe we should just 'accept' De Gea is never going to improve in that aspect for the sake of our mental health :(

Alemar

Perfect today. Saved everything he had to, was reliable, clean sheet

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I love it when there’s barely any posts in the De Gea thread.
They’ll be waiting for his mistakes don’t you worry. The first sign of a cross that Maguire has to head away and it’ll be:

“ermuhgawd come off yur line”

Sylar

Good distribution of the ball. And the two shots at him were easily dealt with. The Thiago one, I like how far he got it wide of the goal.

But yeah, we could have probably had Ricardo or one of our ex old second keepers in goal yesterday.

Sylar

I see what he was trying to do for the first goal by stopping any near post shot but stretching his leg in case it went far post. Unfortunately it was out of reach

I know he's not a keeper like Schmeichel or VDS who will come out to narrow the space the striker has to aim at.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He made a quality save today. Alisson has been living off a similar one for fecking yonks, but Dave does it all the time and gets no praise.

The Oracle

I thought he did well tonight.

I honestly believe having Henderson as competition for him, has really upped his concentration levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.