Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Lose

Pathetic, stealing £375k a week. As Joe Pesci says in Goodfellas "If he had any heart, he'd be out robbing for a living."

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Both goals should have been saved. Just sign that Onana kid from Ajax.

Pathetic.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yet again glued to his line, terrified of contact. I've never seen such a timid keeper at utd in the 32 years I've been supporting us.

arnie_ni

First bad game all season. Let's hope he shakes it off otherwise we are in trouble

The Hilton

His purple patch at the start of the season is well and truly over, he causes so many problems for us by refusing to leave his line, and through his poor distribution.

When he's making multiple world class saves every match it balances out, but now that they've dried up he's become a liability again.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Chucking the ball into the net for the first goal aside, I have no idea why people are happy to stick with a keeper who's scared shitless of coming off his line. It's 4 fecking yards man...

Cost us tonight.
I repeat, for about the 1000th time, I don't care how good a shot-stopper he is (hugely overrated as one anyway), his total lack of awareness and bravery makes him a massive liability.

If you genuinely can't notice this by now then I'm sorry but you're either not paying attention to our matches or you just don't understand football.

Pay a guy £375,000 a week to cost you goals every game, Manchester United ladies and gentlemen.

Litch

Never understand why DDG never comes off his line. Was the same in the Liverpool game......

Litch

I repeat, for about the 1000th time, I don't care how good a shot-stopper he is (hugely overrated as one anyway), his total lack of awareness and bravery makes him a massive liability.

If you genuinely can't notice this by now then I'm sorry but you're either not paying attention to our matches or you just don't understand football.

Pay a guy £375,000 a week to cost you goals every game, Manchester United ladies and gentlemen.
Agree. Great shot stopper but so many fundamentals of goalkeeping he doesn't do. Doesn't come for crosses, doesn't come off his line, his distribution is poor and he rarely saves a penalty. Henderson less of a shot stopper but better all round keeper imo.....

KjaAnd

I'm just going to repeat what I've said multiple times on here: he's a coward and it's costing us every season. It defies belief how no coach in his time with us has ever demanded that he come off his line and clear easy through balls or crosses.

GazTheLegend

Should ONE HUNDRED PERCENT have come off his line for the second goal, and should have saved the first. He had a fantastic start to the season but in recent weeks he's been very poor. Too often we see like 3-4 shots -on target- against us and get two goals against us, and that's not good enough.

Baxter

Zapata ends up putting that in on the 6 yard line. Terrible goalkeeping.

Welbeckham

Bad goalkeeping for two goals. He’s just not half as good as many here still seem to think.

Replace him with Henderson, or buy a new goalkeeper, and our defence would seem much better.

Jacob

Vastly overrated. With a proper defense his shot stopping abilities would be redundant. In a top side, a goalkeeper with good distribution and command of area is to be preferred over a one trick pony (reflexes). VDS is the ultimate example.

spiriticon

Not just the goal, but their was one moment the ball was so far up in the air and slow he could have caught it without even jumping for it, but no, he stays on his line like a statue.

Oranges038

Feeble effort for both goals.

He needs dropping, no two ways about it.

Based Adnan

Not just the goal, but their was one moment the ball was so far up in the air and slow he could have caught it without even jumping for it, but no, he stays on his line like a statue.
That was for Zapata as well but ended up being offside. A foreshadowing to the goal. It's baffling.

Dinesh Tomar

We will be never a consistent team with him as our goalie. He always concedes at crucial time. He is the reason we always look so nervous at the back. He must be replaced ASAP . I can’t believe all the managers have ignored this massive issue. The day this goalie is dropped from the team, we will start making gradual progress. I am certain of that.

Longshanks

Poor for the first goal. Criminal for the second goal.

The ball travelled 30 yards at least 12 of them through the box the striker never has control of the ball until he manages to steady himself and simply flick the ball past the fecking statue on the line. How does the ball travel so far in the box under noones control and the keeper doesn't claim it!? Fecking leave your line and gobble it up!

I'm absolutely sick of de gea. Seen it so many times before, how many balls went over the top tonight that ended up with our defenders scrabbling around our own box under pressure that he could and should of dealt with by not being a coward and doing some sweeping.

E-mal

He is not a top keeper anymore.
And does way more mistakes at crucial times.

Welbeckham

Whether we change our manager or not, we need to change our goalkeeper, because we won’t even win the Europa League with him.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
That was for Zapata as well but ended up being offside. A foreshadowing to the goal. It's baffling.
Baffling is the word I've been using for 10 years about De Gea.

Unless fans and pundits start calling him out for this total lack of bravery then we're stuck with this until he retires.

Even now, I'm watching Rio and Scholes analyse the goal and not once have they mentioned how De Gea could have easily come out for it.

They even drew a graph showing how Maguire had to run 18 yards to get to it and Zapata 31 yards.

Not one of them managed to mention the fact that, as it was finished from about 5 yards out, then De Gea probably would have had to travel about 4 yards to claim it.

Baffling and infuriating.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Poor for the first goal. Criminal for the second goal.

The ball travelled 30 yards at least 12 of them through the box the striker never has control of the ball until he manages to steady himself and simply flick the ball past the fecking statue on the line. How does the ball travel so far in the box under noones control and the keeper doesn't claim it!? Fecking leave your line and gobble it up!

I'm absolutely sick of de gea. Seen it so many times before, how many balls went over the top tonight that ended up with our defenders scrabbling around our own box under pressure that he could and should of dealt with by not being a coward and doing some sweeping.
Been saying this for a long long time but the problem is people will see one half decent save he's made on the YouTube highlights and declare him our saviour, it's infuriating.

Longshanks

Been saying this for a long long time but the problem is people will see one half decent save he's made on the YouTube highlights and declare him our saviour, it's infuriating.
Honestly my lad plays in nets for his under 8s team. And if he conceded a goal like that he would of got some short shrift of me about commanding your area and taking control of loose balls. And de gea is getting payed 350000 a week or whatever it is to do none of that.

The Purley King

What are the commentators doing when nobody comments for the 2nd goal that there was a through ball from 30+ yards out and our goalie tries to save the shot from within his 6 yard box.

not nearly good enough and I’m not even going to mention the 1st goal.

henderson please

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Honestly my lad plays in nets for his under 8s team. And if he conceded a goal like that he would of got some short shrift of me about commanding your area and taking control of loose balls. And de gea is getting payed 350000 a week or whatever it is to do none of that.
Tough love that

The Purley King

First goal anyone can make a mistake fair enough
Second goal any half decent keeper is clearing that through ball on the 18 yard box and no questions asked. We concede a goal from that shit

nainaisson

Henderson is clearly so much better. It's only a matter of time until Ole grows the cojones to bench De Gea again -- that is, if he's still in the job by then.

Marwood

First goal anyone can make a mistake fair enough
Second goal any half decent keeper is clearing that through ball on the 18 yard box and no questions asked. We concede a goal from that shit
Even the first goal though, I wouldn't call it a mistake.

He's always struggled to get down quickly around his feet. It's just a problem he has rather than a one off mistake. It's wht he makes so many saves with his feet. He can't get down quick enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.