Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKDevil

He’s dreadful at so many aspects of goalkeeping. Sick of the sight of him.

Some will point to his save from Armstrong but there was so much shite in that display. Just catch the ball, you big Jessie.
Was one point when ball bounced back into our box far enough to expect him to be out and deal with it and he was nowhere … stuck on his line and I think Lindelof ended up having to deal with it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Missed the first half. His save was the best moment of the second. Preserved that draw when it looked 100% gone. Flapped a bit on crosses but his punches connected.

Varane around town

I think De Gea was decent today.

It's sad but understandable that a lot of fans have lost confidence in De Gea, Hence the level of scrutiny about all aspects of his performance. Personally, I don't think De Gea will be our no. 1 at the end of the season but we'll see.

Alemar

Very unlucky with the goal today - deflection precisely into the corner. Rather than that he was decent. Punched a couple of crosses - it’s better to catch them, but punching is at least something

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I thought he was good yesterday. It seems some have a problem with him punching it away from that Ward-Prowse free kick but we've seen how well he can strike a ball and De Gea played it safe by punching it which actually set us off on a counter attack.

Mike Smalling

Did better than most yesterday. The goal was not his fault, and even though the big chance in the was straight at him he still had to get a strong hand to it.

Siezard

Amazing save by De Gea to keep the unbeaten away record. Once a legend, always a legend.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Wasn't that difficult a save but still, good to see he still has some strong points. God knows we've seen the likes of Ederson botch situations like that more than once by putting himself in no man's land.

predator

Youth NITK
Should only be dropped if his form dips massively. When he's good and he starts doing saves that we've seen him do before, he is too good to drop.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Stood up well and got us a point but I'd put the miss down to terrible panicky finishing instead of brilliant goalkeeping.

snk123

It's funny whenever he's in form - our team is shit. This season seems like another De Gea special for me. He's started it really well.

Siezard

De Gea kept the unbeaten away run going. Amazing keeper!

LInkash

Soo...is De Gea going to get PTSD in training everyday now?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is back.. that's why he plays . Funny how people wanted Henderson to replace him

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Southampton and Wolves pulled world class saves. He has returned to world class again? :drool:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
after that double save, holding onto rather than parrying the shot from neves - that's peak DDG. i hope he's back.

marktan

It's saves like those that mark him out above Henderson. A beast.

Trequarista10

Great to see him making unfathomable point blank range double saves again. Feels like it's been a few years, when he used to do it virtually every game.

Based Adnan

World class saves but could have avoided having to make them by being proactive in the first place. The corner was well into his 6 yard area and he had a free run at it.

Showed some good sweeping outside of that.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Come off your fecking line
Exactly what i was thinking. He ended up making a fantastic double save, but that original header was inside the 6 yard box. he should be all over that. And if that wasn't lindelof and not Varanne, the Caf would be all over him for losing that header. truth is, no defender is going to win every header, so that's why you need your keeper to patrol his 6 yard box. I gave De Gea a 7/10 for his performance today because of the saves he made, but he made two very big saves that he shouldn't have to make...

Jev

Won us the game today. We would have lost if not for that double save. You don't get those match-winning performances from Henderson. He even came way out of his area for a through-ball.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rolling back the years with the reaction saves. We might have lost to Southampton and Wolves but for him being quick on the mark when facing down an opponent. Shades of 2017-18...

Status
Not open for further replies.