Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Surprisingly came forward on couple of occasions. A welcome improvement.

Brilliant save.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hope he's back to his best. Inspired by Ronaldo's return.

Walters_19_MuFc

Deserves massive credit. Won us the game with that save today because had we gone a goal down, with the way Wolves were playing, we'd have probably lost. Super save. My MOTM.

CM10

He looked back to his best today. One of the few positives in an otherwise forgettable performance.

Really good to see him being more proactive in dealing with those loose balls as well, he wouldn't have dreamed of coming off his line like that last season.

hungrywing

haven't seen him do post-match interviews for a while
Ouch. Subtle shade.

Those comments though - "Ronaldo about to score a hat-trick against DDG in training and then shows his abs to Donny" :lol:

He was sensational tonight. Has kept us in the game for 2 matches in a row, credit where it's due. Long live this version of DDG!
...to Donny on the bench.

and then someone points out:

"...even in training."

KjaAnd

Great performance but IMO he should have come out for the cross that led to Saiss' double chance. I'll never understand why he refuses to come out for crosses and I really do think it's a huge weakness that regularly puts the team under pressure.

Rossa

Best part today:
“What do you think about the return of Ronaldo?”
*pause*
”who?”
Brilliant!

but yeah, motm as well. Good day today, Dave!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Someone forgot to glue the line. He's been really good lately. Long may it continue.

Mr Smith

And people wanted him sold. Still one of the world's best and looking back to his best. It wasn't just the save from Sais that was special, he made 3 or 4 key saves and composure throughout. Don't want to hear another word about Dean Henderson.

izec

He just showed today what we have been missing the last few years from him. He needs to cut out the easy mistakes first and foremost, then the saves will come with confidence.

Grande

Seems very few noticed Ole’s comments on De Gea from the second part of Friday’s press conference.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.the...4253/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-de-gea-man-utd/amp/

I know, The S*n,but I couldn’t find another English outlet, and the Scandinavian Supporters Branch who covered itmore in detail, most of y’all prolly won’t get.

Short of it: Ole stressed how Dave called him on his own accord to be allowed to get in from vacation early to work extra, and Ole saying this convinced him Dave once again was ready to become ‘the best version of himself’. The way it read in the full version was that David hasn’t really been hungry and confident enough for a while, and that Dean’s overtaking him has triggered a fightback that sees his motivation back up again.

Interesting to me, as I thought Dave looked sharper and more on the front foot against Leeds and Soton, and even more so tonight. If we get De Gea closer to his original quality again, it’s like … (hestitates) … like getting a new player.

Sylar

His save was great, as he anticipated the one area it would go that would allow him a chance to save it.

But he had one moment where he became a sweeper keeper. More of this please.

Winrar

Best performance I've seen from him in a while. Looked confident out there and even came off the line one time.

I wonder if having an assuring CB partner in front of him has had an impact on that.

GoldanoGraham

I really hope DDG continues like this - most assured I’ve seen him in a couple of years……

the Varane effect?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
And people wanted him sold. Still one of the world's best and looking back to his best. It wasn't just the save from Sais that was special, he made 3 or 4 key saves and composure throughout. Don't want to hear another word about Dean Henderson.
He's been really bad over the past few years and the statistics clearly show it, he hasnt been one of the world's best at all in recent years, not even the PL's best.

He is the best paid keeper in the world throughout it, is it strange that people want him sold?

I'm sure everyone would want prime de Gea back who was the best shot stopper we've seen in a long while. But he has been very far from that and made so many errors since the World Cup 2018.

Sylar

Yes, he is apparently capable of doing it
He's never had a steady partnership in front of him for over a season has he?
Maybe Rio / vidic in fergies last season (but the season before we saw a bit of Evans smelling and jones)

Strelok

Imo his drop of form was largely caused by family reason, he had to stay away from his wife and kid back then. Heard they've moved to Manchester this summer.

What a save was that. I'm really glad to see our old Dea Gea back. It's still early days but long may this continue.

Alemar

It's still early days but long may this continue.
Both goals he conceded this season were high precision shots touching the post (one - via deflection). What he realistically could save - he saved, and then some.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imo his drop of form was largely caused by family reason, he had to stay away from his wife and kid back then. Heard they've moved to Manchester this summer.

What a save was that. I'm really glad to see our old Dea Gea back. It's still early days but long may this continue.
I simply think it is about confidence. He never recovered from a diabolical world cup.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I simply think it is about confidence. He never recovered from a diabolical world cup.
Yeah, I think it's a confidence issue for sure. Low confidence must be an absolute killer for a goalkeeper. Obviously, every player can suffer from it, but it's a very lonely and unique position being a keeper. A striker can miss a few then bang in a winner and he's, generally speaking, forgiven. But a howler by a keeper, regardless of what came before, is always highlighted and scrutinized. Must be an awful position to be in.

Strelok

Tbh I don't know. But I had to work abroad while my wife was having our first child. It's not a nice experience I couldn't focus on my work, I was very stressed and not happy at all back then so I guess it could be the same with DDG.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't know how it didn't go in after the double save.

Saiss has another swipe at it that just misses, another Wolves players just misses it and then 3 United players go to clear it in a panic. A minor miracle that it didn't end up in the net.

Lappen

Im not sure if the double save or the "who" was the best part of the game, but both moment was brilliant!

OverratedOpinion

I feel he is rightfully a bit insulted about how much he has been written off. If he is even 90% of what he was at his peak then he is clearly a million miles ahead of anything Henderson has shown at any point in his career, hopefully he is regaining his confidence (seeing Maguire and Varane in front of him can't hurt). It could be an extremely simple case of regained confidence to see us go from being slightly dodgy in goal to being a team with one of the greatest keepers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.