Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
One or two more solid outings and it will keep Henderson away from the no.1 spot for sure.

I fully back him to be first choice anyway, he's been solid so far and 2 clean sheets were lost by a wonderstrike and a freak deflection.

SinNombre

If DDG is back to being acceptable, it would make sense to renegotiate his contract.

His current one expires in 2023. We should try to extend it by 2 years and negotiate it down to where Rashford is (around 250k/week)

Over the course of the contract, he would still get paid more.

sillwuka

Ole is a lucky man, DDG is taking a decision out of his hands.

They were going to experiment with Henderson as our main goalie and I think we would have suffered.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Props for that kick in the build up to the goal

Bobski

De Gea having a renaissance would make Utd a real threat for the Title and in Europe. Just better than Henderson at even 85% of what he was.

GMoore23

I've been one of his biggest critics on here but he's looking more like his old self this season and has been in ways like a new signing.

SAFMUTD

I think Henderson won't get a chance, De Gea is slowly coming back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This start of the season has been the best De Gea since he lost form in 2019 IMO. Hope it holds. Been excellent.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He had nothing to do. One shot straight at him and the goal.

That pass was nice.
That was great save ffs. Pure reflex. Some keeper would dive, some would go down early and some would not manage to raise hand that quickly. Remember Milan goal through Henderson?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I didn't like him last season but he deserves his spot this season.

Varane and Maguire helps the corners header problem a bit I feel more than Lindelof did.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That was great save ffs. Pure reflex. Some keeper would dive, some would go down early and some would not manage to raise hand that quickly. Remember Milan goal through Henderson?
Yep. Shots that come in straight at you but aimed high and with power can be a problem. Dave dealt with it superbly.

El Zoido

Great for the third goal. Was really good to see Maguire go up to him and give him a hug after that. Credit where due.

The United

It is like I am commenting on bad moments of every player now. But, does anyone think he should have done better with their goal?

Giggs' right foot

It is like I am commenting on bad moments of every player now. But, does anyone think he should have done better with their goal?
Not really. To me, it did look odd, how his focus was on the near post with the shot, and not where the shot looked most probable to go - the far post, but hey, you have to gamble as a GK when your defenders has been left for dead and it's a 1v1. Overall he was solid, and I'm not at all nervous with him in goal.

The United

Not really. To me, it did look odd, how his focus was on the near post with the shot, and not where the shot looked most probable to go - the far post, but hey, you have to gamble as a GK when your defenders has been left for dead and it's a 1v1. Overall he was solid, and I'm not at all nervous with him in goal.
That's what I felt. He opened up too wide on his far post. And, could have maybe closed down the angle quicker/further but then again this is David who hardly steps out more than 2 feet from his goal.

Even I would shoot on his left if he gives me that angle because it seems too easy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

A minor criticism but not an unfair one maybe. But if the sort of criticism he's getting is "he was a split second too slow" then that's a sign that he's doing alright, because we've had to level a lot worse at him in the past.

Only a few games in so take any stats with a massive dollop of salt but he's fourth best in the league for xG prevented so far this season, has made the third most saves, has one of the best save percentages, etc. So so far so good in that regard.

And he's managed to re-establish himself as #1 for now, which definitely wasn't a given. Came back early from holiday to put extra work in and took his chance with Henderson out.

Hopefully he keeps it going.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That ball to Greenwood, in the move for the third goal. I didn't know he had it in him. He's in good form. Thank feck.

The United

A minor criticism but not an unfair one maybe. But if the sort of criticism he's getting is "he was a split second too slow" then that's a sign that he's doing alright, because we've had to level a lot worse at him in the past.

Only a few games in so take any stats with a massive dollop of salt but he's fourth best in the league for xG prevented so far this season, has made the third most saves, has one of the best save percentages, etc. So so far so good in that regard.

And he's managed to re-establish himself as #1 for now, which definitely wasn't a given. Came back early from holiday to put extra work in and took his chance with Henderson out.

Hopefully he keeps it going.
Well, I mean I get that. I was just being nitpicking while analyzing his performance this game. I just thought it was a bit odd with that angle considering he is DeGea.

De Gea having a renaissance would make Utd a real threat for the Title and in Europe. Just better than Henderson at even 85% of what he was.
People forget DDG at his best was the best in a world by a long shot, he was literally the Messi of Goalkeepers.

What’s amazing is that he was doing that when United were utter crap, he was making 2-4 world class saves every week.

RkkMan

I've been one of his Biggest critics over the last 2 years but even I have to admit he's started this season fantastically and genuinely looking like De Gea of old. I've been pleasantly surprised at how good he's been on the ball and sweeping on a few occasions before we even get to his shot stopping. A reinvigorated De Gea 100% makes us title contenders(and also saves us the hassle of needing a new GK anytime soon)

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been much better to start this season. I feel like he's had a good save in every game thus far(+ his insane double save vs Wolves).

Long may it continue.

Tiber

this guy Harrison never liked de Gea.
People seem to nit pick every little thing he does these days. He will make a save and the pundits will say he should have made a better one by doing it a different way. When an agenda and narrative builds its hard to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.