Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If we are going to win anything this season, he needs to be on top again. We scraped through seasons because he saved our ass so many times whilst the team wasnt functioning properly.

Combine what looks like a very attacking team with a solid defence, then de Gea will just to pull off a wunder save every now and then like he used to!

JG3001

Hopefully the threat of losing his spot last season has been the wake up call he desperately needed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
this guy Harrison never liked de Gea.
Not really. He's praised him loads regarding previous seasons and in terms of aspects of his current game. For example, from just a couple of weeks ago:

De Gea has just been poor for large chunks of the last few seasons, so any fair assessment of his performances from that period should contain some heavy criticism.

He has also been compared to Henderson a lot who is simply better at some aspects of goalkeeping than De Gea (most obviously chance prevention qualities, like claiming crosses and sweeping). Again, there's no way to pretend that isn't the case if you're comparing them. Not all criticism can be reduced to liking/disliking someone.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
De Gea has started the season well so hopefully he can maintain it. We only have to remember last season where he started well for the first month or two before falling back away again.

People forget DDG at his best was the best in a world by a long shot, he was literally the Messi of Goalkeepers.
Not really; that would be Neuer. De Gea was the clear #2 though, and he was the best for one or two seasons while Neuer was struggling with injuries.

Swedish_Plumber

Rewatching the game now on sky sports and the commentators just saying how they don’t think he meant his pass to Greenwood in the build up for the Bruno goal.
Not the first time I’ve heard commentary state we’ve been lucky in the build up to a goal recently.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
He still sticks to his line in a way that just puts a lot more pressure on a defence. He still won't save a penalty. I don't care how great his shot stopping is, he wouldn't even need to make half those saves if he came off the damn goal line. It's about time people stopped being deceived by his wonder saves.

Giggs' right foot

Rewatching the game now on sky sports and the commentators just saying how they don’t think he meant his pass to Greenwood in the build up for the Bruno goal.
Not the first time I’ve heard commentary state we’ve been lucky in the build up to a goal recently.
Yeah, it was just a coincidence that he looked in Greenwood's direction and then quickly kicked it out. :annoyed:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
That's what I felt. He opened up too wide on his far post. And, could have maybe closed down the angle quicker/further but then again this is David who hardly steps out more than 2 feet from his goal.

Even I would shoot on his left if he gives me that angle because it seems too easy.
With this type of criticism we should be conceding 0 every game. We should have a clean sheet ratio of 100% spanning across many many seasons. DDG closed down well and did what he could.

The United

With this type of criticism we should be conceding 0 every game. We should have a clean sheet ratio of 100% spanning across many many seasons. DDG closed down well and did what he could.
That would be the aim for every game I believe and this one will be reviewed in training section.

After all, that's how they improve and do things there.

De Gea has started the season well so hopefully he can maintain it. We only have to remember last season where he started well for the first month or two before falling back away again.

Not really; that would be Neuer. De Gea was the clear #2 though, and he was the best for one or two seasons while Neuer was struggling with injuries.
Nope. Neuer was at an already great team and wasn’t tested week in week out in the German league. When Neuer was at Schalke he’d often concede 2-3 goals a match and wasn’t making 2-3 world class saves a match, he was obviously still clearly world class and showed signs of a great keeper

The best example at for the point I’m making is Cortious, he is a world class keeper… was amazing at Chelsea when they won the league. But the next season when their defence turned to crap he was easily beaten.

For pure shot stopping ability there has been none better than DDG during his peak 5 seasons

Shimo

Maybe I don't understand keeping well enough to see what he could have done better for Newcastle's goal that some are mentioning but, once again pulled off a very good save at a critical juncture, not for the first time this season.

For purely selfish reasons, I hope his form continues. I want to be able to say I called it before the season kicked off that DDG would have a big big season for us. Just think with Varane and Maguire in front of him, he is going to be very confident and on the flip side, our defenders will also know if they make a mistake, he will very likely be there to bail them out and be more relaxed.

criticalanalysis

Maybe I don't understand keeping well enough to see what he could have done better for Newcastle's goal that some are mentioning but, once again pulled off a very good save at a critical juncture, not for the first time this season.

For purely selfish reasons, I hope his form continues. I want to be able to say I called it before the season kicked off that DDG would have a big big season for us. Just think with Varane and Maguire in front of him, he is going to be very confident and on the flip side, our defenders will also know if they make a mistake, he will very likely be there to bail them out and be more relaxed.
He could have closed the angle by coming out faster. The closer he is to when the ball is struck, the more of his body he can use to block the shot. As always with De Gea, he took a few stutter steps and waited on his line.

He's been in good form but those weaknesses/areas of improvement are still there.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Not at fault for either goal, was let down by others. Definitely a positive start to the season from him.

el3mel

De Gea you absolute legend !!

He has been fantastic this season even without this. Looks a different beast altogether.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should do his confidence a world of good. Been very good this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.