Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

The penalty save at West Ham has really boosted his confidence. Long may it continue.

Thought he was exceptional tonight.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What a time to regain his form. If he had been at the level he had been playing at since the 2018 world cup we'd have been on the end of some serious hidings this season already.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Think he's been our player of the season so far. Faultless so far

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
On top of his godly saves, he showed that never seen fire today. Something just change on him this season (for the better).

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He looks like that brilliant goalkeeper we had under LVG. What a turn around. Props to him and Ole too for sticking with him, I had given up hope.

Looked like 2017/18 de Gea today when he was the best in the world. Unfortunately that his brilliance this season (and that one I guesss) has coincided with the rest of our team completely forgetting how to play football.

Bar a shaky display last time out, he’s looked far better this season than he has since the decline from the tail end of 2017/2018.

He always seems to play better when he has a lot to do. Think he has a bit of a concentration issue when he isn’t being tested much hence is prone to mistakes when “caught cold”.

Terrific from DDG tonight.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's going for that Sir Matt Busby POTY again.

He had enough of the outfield players winning it.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Some decent saves tonight but I think people are getting a bit carried away, a lot of the saves were parried away into the danger area, when they could have easily been held onto.
We just got lucky they never fell to a Villarreal player for a tap in, that luck will run out.
Also, I think a lot of keepers would have attempted to cut out the cross for the goal, it was in the 6-yard box, that, in my opinion, should be an area any top level keeper should be dominating, although it's just not going to happen with De Gea.

Last edited:

PoTMS

Dave Saves. Deserves a lot of credit for keeping us in that game.

PaulRich

Back to being a keeper that earns us points rather than being the one that costs us at times. We'd have copped a hammering tonight but for Dave.

Strelok

Looked like 2017/18 de Gea today when he was the best in the world. Unfortunately that his brilliance this season (and that one I guesss) has coincided with the rest of our team completely forgetting how to play football.
That's quite ironic and sad at the same time I think. Why we can't have both, a working defense and a world class keeper at the same time.

Anyway, thank God that he's back. Saved our ass yesterday.

Alemar

We just got lucky they never fell to a Villarreal player for a tap in, that luck will run out.
Actually it did happen - in the end De Gea saved a difficult shot, then saved a rebound, and then Telles’ ass saved us for the second consecutive rebound :)

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Fantastic again, so pleased for him to have knuckled down and regained his spot rather than sulking.

Leanshig

One of my favourite players of all time, delighted he's back to where he was a few seasons ago. Top guy is big Dave.

Raw

If we had this De Gea for the last couple of seasons we'd be winning trophies. He's been absolutely brilliant this season.

stevoc

Big Dave is back, can't believe people wrote him off and wanted him chucked on the scrap heap at 30. We never even signed Schemichel until he was 28/29 and Van Der Sar until he was 34.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In 2018 Ronaldo broke him in 2021 Ronaldo's returned him good as new

Man Utd 1:1 Everton

Sylar

No posts for him, but again, some really good stops. And is let down with those in front of him and robbed off another clean sheet.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seemed irate with the goal we conceded. Rightly so.
The number of mistakes in that play were laugh worthy.

Poor corner by Bruno, Fred losing the ball and then not making a foul, Shaw jogging back even when he saw Townsend making the sun making him the obvious option for the final ball. It's basic footballing intelligence there that we lacked and that's what has cost us this season and Dave his chance of producing insane CS numbers

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That's fair criticism, he should have shown more pashun by dropping on to the floor while beating himself for not saving that.
my mother never played/watches football, but if she ever sees a goal that's always her comment. "he didn't even jump!"

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
He had no chance. Do you want him to stick a leg out for your benefit?
For my personal benefit? No, not at all.

For the 3 points and for £375,000 a week? Yes, at least try.

Come out? Narrow the angle? Spread yourself/make yourself bigger? Intimidate the opponent?

Any number of things he could of done that would have been better than just standing there watching it go past him.

I'm not saying the goal was his fault, (was mostly Shaw's fault in my opinion) or that he would have saved it, I'm just saying he could have at least attempted to save it, as that's his job.

I'm also not just basing it on this one incident, as I said in the op, he does this all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.