Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Its time for a change, long overdue. He has been an excellent servant, during a period where the whole club has been underperforming. I wish him luck.

The Irish Connection

The lack of testimonial is likely another symptom of the horrible leeching ownership, they’re clueless.

Thanks De Gea, an incredible shot stopper.

united for life

I agree that he should leave. We need to move on, not only because of his recent blunders, but also because he doesn’t really fit ETH’s preferences. However, the way the club is handling the situation is embarrassing. Are they still negotiating? Did they wake up and realise the contract is expiring? Don’t they know if they want him or not? Embarrassing especially that they are doing it to someone who’s served the club for all these years. We’re a mess of a club

predator

Youth NITK
5th most appearances for the club?

Certified legend

I will be sad to see him leave. The club must be doing much more to make his exit as smooth as possible. Disgraceful if he leaves on bad terms.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Absolute legend of this club. And one of the best on his position for years. He didn't deserve circus about his contract.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
5th most appearances for the club?

Certified legend

I will be sad to see him leave. The club must be doing much more to make his exit as smooth as possible. Disgraceful if he leaves on bad terms.
7th, I think. Giggs, Charlton, Scholes, Foulkes, Neville, Rooney, De Gea.

Devil You Know

If he was still good enough, he'd have a new club by now. A bit like the situation with Ronaldo where he couldn't find anyone to sign him outside of Saudi Arabia.

De Gea has been a fantastic servant. Not a legend though, because his period here hasn't coincided with much success. But he has been a hero on certain occasions.

His 2017/18 season under Jose is probably the best by any goalkeeper in the Premier League era, and even one of the best by any United player up to and including during the Fergie years. The problem is that we won nothing that year, so it's not enough to raise him into legendary status imo.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If he was still good enough, he'd have a new club by now. A bit like the situation with Ronaldo where he couldn't find anyone to sign him outside of Saudi Arabia.

De Gea has been a fantastic servant. Not a legend though, because his period here hasn't coincided with much success. But he has been a hero on certain occasions.

His 2017/18 season under Jose is probably the best by any goalkeeper in the Premier League era, and even one of the best by any United player up to and including during the Fergie years. The problem is that we won nothing that year, so it's not enough to raise him into legendary status imo.
How exactly he is not a legend? He won everything except CL. Also was player of the year few yeary in a row and was first 11 player 12 years. If he isn't, who is?

Roario

The lack of testimonial is likely another symptom of the horrible leeching ownership, they’re clueless.

Thanks De Gea, an incredible shot stopper.
Testimonials were given to give the player a financial boost at the end of his career. They are not really needed anymore.
Phil Jones never got his testimonial either.

Idxomer

How exactly he is not a legend? He won everything except CL. Also was player of the year few yeary in a row and was first 11 player 12 years. If he isn't, who is?
He won only 1 major title and was average for half of his time at the club. He was a great keeper for a few years but not every great player is a legend.

Kostov

For his own benefit I hope he leaves, it will leave a bad taste to see him leave in this way but he has become a scapegoat for a plethora of imbecile United fans, who are tarnishing his legacy. Let’s hope we find a good enough keeper, they don’t come as often as some think

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It's weird to think that there's not a single player left at United who played under SAF - (unless DDG extends, of course)

But I guess, onwards and upwards; and hope for another golden age under ETH.
The pic you posted was poignant. The last tie back to the Fergie era is broken now and it reminded me of how much football has changed and gone to shit even in the last 10 years

Inevitable but sad.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
There is hardly anything I dislike more than players at United being paid way way more than their contribution on the pitch over a longer time period deserves. So there are/were also other players at United who earn so much more than they have been contributing on the pitch. I am not a fan of those either. And while everyone can have a bad period, the discrepancy between DdG’s contributions and his wages over a good number of years has been the biggest in our squad.

Then the way he is apparently being treated, well I am not bothered by it. Maybe because a lot of bigger legends at a lot of clubs rarely have a happy ending. And maybe because I have seen my two favourite United players of all time leave on equally bad or even worse terms. The difference being that their contracts weren’t even expiring, their performances in their last season(s) weren’t even close to being as bad as DdG’s and their salary was not even close to being as high as DdG’s.
One is our most successful captain ever and the other is one of our most successful academy player ever.
They survived, are still club legends, still love the club and United fans still love them. So DdG will also get over it.

In an ideal world there would be a huge send off with every United club legend, Glazers, the entire royal Qatari family and the INEOS board present, watching a video of his incredible saves while clapping. But in reality out of all the stuff which should be our priority, giving DdG a planned and nice send off should be relatively low on our list.

I don’t care if this sounds harsh as I am sick of all the “a disgrace how we are treating him” posts.

Oranges038

It's weird to think that there's not a single player left at United who played under SAF - (unless DDG extends, of course)

He retired 10 years ago. It's amazing there was still players at the club who played under him at all until this year, given the turn over of managers.

JagUTD

So there are no United legends outside those that played for us in the two sustained periods of success we had under Busby and Fergie?
There is hardly anything I dislike more than players at United being paid way way more than their contribution on the pitch over a longer time period deserves. So there are/were also other players at United who earn so much more than they have been contributing on the pitch. I am not a fan of those either. And while everyone can have a bad period, the discrepancy between DdG’s contributions and his wages over a good number of years has been the biggest in our squad.

Then the way he is apparently being treated, well I am not bothered by it. Maybe because a lot of bigger legends at a lot of clubs rarely have a happy ending. And maybe because I have seen my two favourite United players of all time leave on equally bad or even worse terms. The difference being that their contracts weren’t even expiring, their performances in their last season(s) weren’t even close to being as bad as DdG’s and their salary was not even close to being as high as DdG’s.
One is our most successful captain ever and the other is one of our most successful academy player ever.
They survived, are still club legends, still love the club and United fans still love them. So DdG will also get over it.

In an ideal world there would be a huge send off with every United club legend, Glazers, the entire royal Qatari family and the INEOS board present, watching a video of his incredible saves while clapping. But in reality out of all the stuff which should be our priority, giving DdG a planned and nice send off should be relatively low on our list.

I don’t care if this sounds harsh as I am sick of all the “a disgrace how we are treating him” posts.
His wages represented his contribution over a period of time up to the point of signing. Due to ongoing problems with our ability to see into the future, this is often how contracts work.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Does Heaton count? Think he made a few matchday squads. Never played though.

PSV

Only welbeck and de gea from that photo could still have a place in our squad.
De Gea - Young, Evans, Smalling, Rafael - Nani, Kagawa, Powell, Bebe - Welbeck, Chicharito (currently active (I think?) players)

Fergie would find a way to win with that.

Jurgen Plopp

I agree. he has hardly been underpaid over the last 5 years he got nearly £100 million and has clearly not been value for Money. Hes asked for around £250,00 when he knows Ederson is on £100,000 and Alison is on £150,000 - so the reason the new contract discussions failed is pure greed on his part.
Ole is a legend because of "that final". One game can make a legend that fans continue sing about over 20 years later. After 12 years of under achieving will Degea be sung about after even 5 years or will he be looked at as the Goalkeeper who played during the dark days of the Glazers and the rise to power of the naughty neighbours which United fans will purposly choose to forget? only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.