Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

He took about 10 mins to take a goal kick in the 80th mins I think. Almost made me lose my head.

Amarsdd

There were already signs of this performance in the first couple of minutes when he had an clear chance to come pick up the ball after it was bobbling around the penalty area for a second. He stayed rooted on his line and ended up costing a corner.

Unfortunately, whenever he has a bad game, he follows it up with some more bad games. So, might as well drop him for Heaton for a game or two.

CloneMC16

Sell this man tomorrow and recall Henderson.

He's cost this team a tonne of points over the years. He's gonna cost us a tonne more this season.

daveskimufc

I've always been 1 if his biggest fans, but I'm not prepared to go through another one of his sh!t seasons. If we are insistent on playing it back to the gk all the time then hes got to go

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Erik ten hag said he is convinced that the Spanish scardey cat can play this system as he's seen it in training.

Raw

Seriously, how long are we gonna persist with this joker?

The fecking wages he's on, pulling off shit like this. Disgrace.

Swedish_Plumber

Any player from here on in that comes out to apologise for yet another shite performance should be taken out the team for at least a month.

He’s cost us big time today after a good year last year, but im sick to fecking death of any player that thinks publicly announcing how bad they’ve been. Especially after that weird social media fecker came out last season and said that’s what they tell our players to say.

Feck off and perform on the pitch.

Born2Lose

Biggest joke of it all is we're paying him the highest wage for a keeper in the world.

Heard Luis Enrique was there today, oh how he must have laughed at this clown and felt so happy with himself that he gave him the boot ages ago.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Erik ten hag said he is convinced that the Spanish scardey cat can play this system as he's seen it in training.
I hope he doesn't really believe this. .... Training is not replicating a match scenario, the guy doesn't have the mentality. Lord have mercy. Hope he just said that to keep the peace.

Jazz

Biggest joke of it all is we're paying him the highest wage for a keeper in the world.

Heard Luis Enrique was there today, oh how he must have laughed at this clown and felt so happy with himself that he gave him the boot ages ago.
Hope he had a word with ETH and gave him some info on Dave.

Lyng

Any player from here on in that comes out to apologise for yet another shite performance should be taken out the team for at least a month.

He’s cost us big time today after a good year last year, but im sick to fecking death of any player that thinks publicly announcing how bad they’ve been. Especially after that weird social media fecker came out last season and said that’s what they tell our players to say.

Feck off and perform on the pitch.
Yeah!! Much better to do like our wonderful captain who will always blame the team instead!!

De Gea needs to get swapped out but it's still nice we have at least one player who has big enough balls to admit his fault.

Irrational.

Bin him off - been saying this for a while, he is a massive hindrance to the club and he affects our style of play overall. Football has moved on - you can’t only be a shot stopper (even this he is shit at).

That fax machine was the biggest calamity in all of this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hasn’t been the best keeper at the club since Mourinho’s first season, yet we continue to pay him mammoth wages and sideline every other option we have at the club. He no longer even has the shot stopping that can shine behind a shaky defence.

He’s an absolute dinosaur and I said very early on in the summer that his manifest weaknesses could well cost the manager his job. I am staggered he backed him, moved on Henderson, and didn’t look to make a new GK a priority signing.

His toxic attitude second half refusing to join the manager’s second half drinks break talk should see him never play for the club again. ETH’s authority is completely gone already if he plays next week.

Litch

Just something else that has contributed to our defensive woes. First goal was criminal, second again like last week passing to a playing that was clearly well marked and the last goal where his starting position is so deep, any ball over the top and we are fecked….

E-mal

Stealing a living from us. We should sell him, all his Spanish compatriots are gone, why are we keeping him? The three amigos were truly underwhelming for us.
No hugs from me

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah!! Much better to do like our wonderful captain who will always blame the team instead!!

De Gea needs to get swapped out but it's still nice we have at least one player who has big enough balls to admit his fault.
De Gea is the Peter Principle writ large: he has no awareness of his footballing inability and lack of leadership, yet because of how he has been over-promoted and overpaid, he’s so far out of his depth at this stage that he doesn’t recognise it.

Lyng

De Gea is the Peter Principle writ large: he has no awareness of his footballing inability and lack of leadership, yet because of how he has been over-promoted and overpaid, he’s so far out of his depth at this stage that he doesn’t recognise it.
He admitted he cost us today? He was aware he cost us.
Is he good enough for us? Feck no he is awful.
But dont act like he didn't admit his faults today.
Our idiotic captain should have done the same long ago.

Swedish_Plumber

If this was the first apology we’d seen then fine, I’d accept it and move on.

Fact is we’ve seen a million of them now and nothing has improved. Every single one of them is told to post something after yet another humiliating performance.

It doesn’t matter to them. They gave up last season, and it’s continued into this one.

Gavinb33

That 1st goal was akin to Mason Mount's in the semi final, De Gea is finished at this level it's almost like he is frozen by fear and having to make decisions rather than just punting up field.

If the manager is serious I'd start go buy a goalkeeper, a right back and a CDM that just defends right away I am not saying it will solve everything but if these aren't right it doesn't matter what we do up the pitch

Lyng

If this was the first apology we’d seen then fine, I’d accept it and move on.

Fact is we’ve seen a million of them now and nothing has improved. Every single one of them is told to post something after yet another humiliating performance.

It doesn’t matter to them. They gave up last season, and it’s continued into this one.
But usually they blame the whole team. Maguire is always on about the team, and Shaw will throw the manager under the bus when he gets s chance.
It's somewhat refreshing that a player is willing to admit that HE fecked up, and not try to throw everyone else under the bus.
Doesn't change the fact that he should not start a game for us ever again..

The Oracle

This guy is making one of our defenders undroppable.

Allow me to explain...

De Gea refuses to collect any crosses that are played into the box, even into the 6-yard box. That means that it is left to our defenders to clear the ball every time, and who is the best defender we have at winning headers? Harry Maguire!

That is the reason we cannot drop Maguire... because he does De Gea's work!

Lyng

This guy is making one of our defenders undroppable.

Allow me to explain...

De Gea refuses to collect any crosses that are played into the box, even into the 6-yard box. That means that it is left to our defenders to clear the ball every time, and who is the best defender we have at winning headers? Harry Maguire!

That is the reason we cannot drop Maguire... because he does De Gea's work!
Then why did Eriksen have to head the ball away from Toney?
Both De Gea and Maguire where in no man's land

saik

I literally laughed out loud the moment he let that first goal in. Certainly set the tone for this match and what we needed after that loss to Brighton. We can't have any nice things can we. The squad is full of issues already and our goalkeeper felt the need to add to that with his howler! :lol:

E-mal

There is no value in keeping him now or letting go o and certainly pointless renewing his absurd contract.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pep dropped Joe Hart pretty quickly when he came in and then he dropped Bravo after the season. De Gea is on similar ground. Spain dont play him as well because he is not good at his feet. We basically gifted the first two goals to them today because of de gea.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He admitted he cost us today? He was aware he cost us.
Is he good enough for us? Feck no he is awful.
But dont act like he didn't admit his faults today.
Our idiotic captain should have done the same long ago.
De Gea both thinks he is making things better with these car crash TV interviews and genuinely believes he’s capable of acting as a modern all-round goalkeeper. We’ve 10 years of evidence that suggest he isn’t. Luis Enrique certainly doesn’t either. He’s fecked him off for keepers from Brighton and Brentford.

De Gea’s delusional: he’s one of the poorest keepers in the league and isn’t a leader.

Devil81

He needed replacing 3 seasons ago. This performance just further adds to our problems.

Now we also desperately need a keeper this window. There is zero chance ETH can expect him to continue playing out from the back after today.

slored1

Absolute fraud. Recall Hendo back, at least he shows some confidence. De Gea is just a waste of space.

CloneMC16

De Gea consistently blamed his teammates last season. He thought he had a good season. He conceded 57 goals. He lacks self awareness. He doesn't seem to understand that a keeper is supposed to do more than make camera saves. The man is a fraud. He can look sad on camera and say sorry all he likes. Perform on the pitch or get out.

Maguire is just as bad. He thinks that being picked means he's doing a good job. A lot of these players think they're better than they are and blame their teammates.

RedDevilQuebecois

Pep dropped Joe Hart pretty quickly when he came in and then he dropped Bravo after the season. De Gea is on similar ground. Spain dont play him as well because he is not good at his feet. We basically gifted the first two goals to them today because of de gea.
Pretty much this. At some point, De Gea must suffer the same fate because he's not fitting anywhere in any decent plan to rebuild this team, especially not with the style we're trying to implement.

Our rebuild will not start as long as he is in goal. It won't matter what the 10 outfield players do, he will always put us under pressure and in a league like this opponents will find a way through.

Marwood

To me him not being a "modern keeper" isn't the main issue.

It's the mistakes. Mistakes an amateur would be embarrassed about. It's been going on for years. Mistakes that would be terrible whatever the era.

I've said it loads but he's terrible at getting down around his feet. It's why he uses his feet to make saves so often.

Bwuk

He’s a total wimp.

With him, Maguire, Dalot & Shaw forming the defence we are a team of snowflakes.

Jazz

De Gea consistently blamed his teammates last season. He thought he had a good season. He conceded 57 goals. He lacks self awareness. He doesn't seem to understand that a keeper is supposed to do more than make camera saves. The man is a fraud. He can look sad on camera and say sorry all he likes. Perform on the pitch or get out.

Maguire is just as bad. He thinks that being picked means he's doing a good job. A lot of these players think they're better than they are and blame their teammates.
All of this.

I think we'd be better off getting rid of players with this sort of attitude as soon as we can and in the meantime use other players including the youth. Try to scrap 40 points to make sure we don't bloody get relegated and re-build from there.

With the lack of self awareness from some of our senior players, we are never going anywhere. Got to get rid of anyone with that kind of mindset.

Remember the geese

Great post mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.