Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
‘Outstanding’ yet is 4th choice for Spain :lol:
And the Spanish goal keepers ahead of him are hardly Buffon, Neuer or even prime Casillas level of quality keepers.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The question now is how good a goalkeeper can we secure to compete with him for this season.

The good news is that even prior to yesterday's game there were reports suggesting ETH knew that was needed.

avgp_1

What about Areola? I thought he has looked decent in the PL, as a #2 he could push DDG

Lyng

And the Spanish goal keepers ahead of him are hardly Buffon, Neuer or even prime Casillas level of quality keepers.
Raya and Sanchez are very very good to be fair.
De Gea is shite but don't underestimate these two keepers.

Bottom line is we need to get a better keeper. I thought it could wait but it's become very clear that with De Gea we will not work. Same goes for Maguire and Shaw.

Alemar

With the salaries de Gea is on, we could of have reincarnation of Lev Yashin in goal - he invented Sweeper-keeper role and was very aggressive claiming crosses (on top of excellent shot stopping and solid penalty save record). And what did we get…?

mikeyt

Raya and Sanchez are very very good to be fair.
De Gea is shite but don't underestimate these two keepers.

Bottom line is we need to get a better keeper. I thought it could wait but it's become very clear that with De Gea we will not work. Same goes for Maguire and Shaw.
Agree with both being good options, I think Malacia is going to prove a really good replacement for Shaw.

My biggest peeve with DDG is the high ball over the top of the defence.

It should be easy for him to sweep and collect but he stays rooted to his line and makes our centre backs have to run back and clear with a striker breathing down their neck. Happens 3x a game and creates panic within the back line every time. So annoying.

jeff_goldblum

My biggest peeve with DDG is the high ball over the top of the defence.

It should be easy for him to sweep and collect but he stays rooted to his line and makes our centre backs have to run back and clear with a striker breathing down their neck. Happens 3x a game and creates panic within the back line every time. So annoying.
Absolutely, our centrebacks are by no means world beaters but it must be absolutely knackering having to deal with every ball which lands between the halfway line and the penalty spot because you know your keeper won't.

arthurka

Pope was available, we could have let Dean go and signed Pope to compete with Dave. Sanchez and Raya are both much more complete as keepers, that save when Raya win the sprint Vs Rashford was a very good show what DDG is lacking. Both brave and great reading of the game. We could have used Dean this summer to swap for a new keeper. But no let's stick with DDG who's faults are all but well known and loan out our number two. This club deserves everything that is coming.

Gottabekiddingme

You can't underestimate how harmful a keeper like De Gea is to a team.
Fair play to him for fronting up yesterday but he still needs replacing. This has been obvious for years, can't believe the fanbase can't even agree on even this and make it in to some 'agenda' rubbish.
It's like Dominoes. There should be a clear structure that results in a fluid game, with everyone knowing their exact role, but most of the time everyone is compensating for someone else in this United team.

I'll add Maguire, Rashford, Shaw, Dalot & McTominay to De Gea. They should not be here next season. Of course there are more players, but they're not given so many chances.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The question now is how good a goalkeeper can we secure to compete with him for this season.

The good news is that even prior to yesterday's game there were reports suggesting ETH knew that was needed.

I don't think we need a great keeper, at least not immediately.

If we sign an average keeper who can competently organize his defense, on a reasonable short- to medium-term contract, we will see an immediate improvement.

JB7

I don't think we need a great keeper, at least not immediately.

If we sign an average keeper who can competently organize his defense, on a reasonable short- to medium-term contract, we will see an immediate improvement.
Agreed, this is what I’ve being saying for a long time. We don’t need a world beater, a goalkeeper who is average across the board would be an upgrade on a goalkeeper who’s good at one thing but disastrous at every other aspect of goalkeeping.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
In terms of technical level he's not to dissimilar to de gea, but the confidence and attitude make a huge huge difference, where de gea hides and wants rid quickly Henderson actively shows for the ball and is willing to hold the ball an extra second or two. Also his ability to kick long and accurately of either foot should not underestimated its a massive advantage.

Allison is no marvel on the ball, but he does it with confidence and attitude and has a brilliant long kick on him. He will play himself or his teammates into trouble numerous times this season, but he won't hide or go missing he will keep getting involved with the build up making himself available and keep taking risks because that's what you have to do.

De gea hides from the build up and really dosent want to involved and certainly dosent want to take any risks.

I'm not saying Henderson is some sort of goalkeeping messiha but he has alot more favourable attributes in GK if you want to play a high line high press build from the back possesion system and its much much more suited to the role the de gea, who is as far away from being suited to the role as you can imagine.
Definitely Henderson has more attributes to fit into this style than De Gea. Overall I’d say he’d still fit in poorly and need immediate replacement, so it hardly seems useful. Alisson’s kicking overall is good, not just his long kicking. His short game is lightyears ahead of Henderson’s and that’s what matters most. Being able to take out the first man is all you need. Henderson can’t really do that, hence why he gets so much practice launching it.

Guapa

Still an outstanding keeper getting by on his ability but been on the decline for a number of years now and not what we need going forward.
Least of our worries right now though.Should be his last season with us.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
how long does he have left on his current contracts?

Longshanks

Still an outstanding keeper getting by on his ability but been on the decline for a number of years now and not what we need going forward.
Least of our worries right now though.Should be his last season with us.
Yeah he only gave Brighton and Brentford 2 goal starts, definitely the least of our worries.

Raw

I think we can do a lot better than Henderson but I’m watching the Forest game and he’s looking like an obviously better option than De Gea. Which is all that matters in the short term. Looks like another awful decision by the club.
It's depressing seeing him come off his line and claim crosses. Such a stupid decision to feck him off like that. Who knows if he would be the long term solution but he's obviously an all round better keeper than the coward we've got.

Based Adnan

I think we can do a lot better than Henderson but I’m watching the Forest game and he’s looking like an obviously better option than De Gea. Which is all that matters in the short term. Looks like another awful decision by the club.
Yeah I'm not sure he's the answer long term either but it's quite obvious to see he's better than De Gea right now. Probably come out and claimed more crosses this game alone than De Gea did last season. Some good saves as well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just rewatched highlights of the CL tie vs Real Madrid in 2013, the decline in terms of shot stopping from DDG is crazy. Back then, all the goals he conceded felt perfect attempts

Castia

Henderson saves a pen and is putting in a motm performance

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
His mistakes for many years in a row, show that he never learn, and also he is lacking of basic abilities for a professional gk

In addition:

In terms of bad goalkeeping performances, he put in a very well rounded display yesterday, even struggling with things he's normally good at.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
In addition:

In terms of bad goalkeeping performances, he put in a very well rounded display yesterday, even struggling with things he's normally good at.
Because of his mentality, which has ALWAYS been weak.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
This lad playing for Forest isn’t bad, maybe we should look to sign him

Telsim

In addition:

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. He is probably caught between Ten Hag pushing him out of his comfort zone to fit the style he wants to play and his own instincts.

I will say it again - De Gea does not and will not fit Ten Hag's system. Round peg in a square hole.

Born2Lose

Posted at 15:2915:29
Post update
Forest 1-0 West Ham
Contrasting fortunes for Manchester United keepers past and present this weekend.
David de Gea had a shocker at Brentford. Dean Henderson is playing a blinder against West Ham.
You know you're a fanboy when even the BBC can see it before you do.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I rate ETH as much as the next, but can't he see this? DDG is likely the worst goalkeeper in the PL, he truly missed most of the basics.

Do the staff really trust in this guy? He will cost and cost and cost.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
It is up at the end of the year.

But there is a +1 option that we can activate.
I hope we don't activate it, we should let it run down if we can't sell, same as Mctominay, Fred, Shaw, Rashford and anyone else whom you think isn't putting up good performance.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I rate ETH as much as the next, but can't he see this? DDG is likely the worst goalkeeper in the PL, he truly missed most of the basics.

Yesterday ETH said that he usually puts in very very good performances in training, in accordance with the system.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Some one should make a thread for Goalie the club should be looking at cause I'm done with this guy.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yesterday ETH said that he usually puts in very very good performances in training, in accordance with the system.
I have this idea that De Gea, Dalot, Shaw, Rashford, Sancho are magnificent in training.

But maybe that's all there is to them in asmuch as I think they are far better than showing. After a while, you can't keep on hoping.

JB7

His arse fell out and he collapsed. I think he's feeling the pressure of being asked to be a more all round keeper. Usually when he wants a new contract he's in top form.
I don’t agree, he never responds well to making mistakes. His whole body language after making an error slumps, his shoulders and head drop and he’s much more likely to make another mistake than turn it round. It’s body language you might expect if he was 18 or 19 but he’s 31 now and has been like this throughout his career.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I'm very sure he can see the issue. But it's difficult to address when you have so many other problem positions. We could equally point to midfield, right-back, CF and RW as areas that still needed signings too. Even then we've seen reports that he is looking goalkeeper to compete with Dave but that just adds to the list of wants that haven't been got.

People are bumping the Henderson thread for example, but Henderson made it clear that he was out the door before ETH even landed. Not much he could do about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.