Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Art the artist
He had couple of moments today where he picked out a 20 yard pass on the floor when being pressured by the Leicester forwards which had me like 'woah'.

CloneMC16

He boots the ball forward almost every time he has the ball. We don't have a target man to win headers. We're relying on trying to win second balls. He lasted this transfer window. Next summer, it is a priority to replace him. There is a huge difference between how De Gea started this season and how he's playing now. He's playing everything long now.

Good save on Maddison's freekick.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Is it really difficult for him just to do simple passes instead of booting them out? Nobody expecting him to do creative passes like Pirlo. Just a simple pass to players nearby. I mean, how difficult is it to train them?

Real Name

Booting it out when he's under pressure is one thing but every time, even when he has options is really bad. If anything he's going more out of his goal or so it seems. Maybe the passes will come in time.

Made a brilliant save of their freekick though.

fallengt

At 30s you live with PTSDs. Too many disasters have happened for him to simply ignore it now. DDG will always boot it long as long as oppo players push light pressure on us, he would rather it be someone's else problem than his.
ETH should just give up. DDG won't suddenly become good with his feet because manager tells him to do so.

Baneofthegame

Him punting the ball under little pressure was incredible frustrating, but he also made a great save from Madisons free kick, which is basically what we are left with, a great shot stopper but no intangibles.

Rake

Him punting the ball under little pressure was incredible frustrating, but he also made a great save from Madisons free kick, which is basically what we are left with, a great shot stopper but no intangibles.
I think he was instructed by EtH to do so. The manager clearly saw his deficiencies and wants to avoid facilitating goal scoring opportunities near our goal. Would be interesting to see if that changes with Dubravka between the sticks.

Born2Lose

Painful to watch him with the ball at his feet, it's a combination of no ingenuity and very little passing ability. It's obvious he never spends any time in training on improviing this aspect of his game.

It would be different if he was on McTominay wages but he's the best paid goalkeeper in world football.

arthurka

He needs replacing if we want to keep recycling the ball, his lump up the field isn´t going anywhere.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He is like a relic from a bygone era with his punts and distrust of playing it along the deck. I don't think I've ever taken the time out to comment on his distribution before, but last night's was really stand out to me.

Just hoofing it because he cannot be trusted along the deck. Reminded me of how keepers originally flapped when the passback rule was introduced.

Can't see him being here by the end of next summer's window

Trequartistry

He has been pretty good these last 2 games. Brentford game was awful alright, but he played a big part in our comeback since then.
No he hasn’t, he just hasn’t made any huge blunders like the Brentford game. Shocking that these are the standards for the highest paid goalkeeper ever

el3mel

No he hasn’t, he just hasn’t made any huge blunders like the Brentford game. Shocking that these are the standards for the highest paid goalkeeper ever
On the contrary, the over focusing over his goal kicks to single out the negative thing in his game while he was solid in protecting the net is ridiculous. In the last 2 games he had made some pretty good saves that could have easily been the equalizer.

Oranges038

Not making stupid mistakes is a bonus.

But his lack of ability on the ball is criminal and is really hurting the teams ability to build up plsy and keep possesion.

Sylar

He works in absolutes it seems. Its either all long, or all short and not depending on the situation. Its like he cant get his head up to look, so ends up doing one or the other all game no matter the positions of his own players nor the opponents.

He will pull of some good saves through the season, maybe make some more mistakes, and maybe pull of one good pass in ten. Thats what he has been and always will be. Nothing will change on that.

Lu Tze

Anyone have an idea on who should be our main targets next summer to replace him? GK is the one position I don't have a great knowledge of as far as potential prospects go.
I've heard that Porto's GK Diogo Costa is supposed to be good. Do we have any Porto fans in attendance who can comment? He's got a 60m euro release clause which isn't outrageous, in the grand scheme of things.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Distribution so poor and keeps hitting it long as he isn't trusted to try and use his feet but top class save from the free kick, you get what you get, world class shot stopping/ reflexes but horrible average with feet and don't think he can improve enough in that aspect

Baneofthegame

I think he was instructed by EtH to do so. The manager clearly saw his deficiencies and wants to avoid facilitating goal scoring opportunities near our goal. Would be interesting to see if that changes with Dubravka between the sticks.
I agree perhaps under pressure, but on a lot of occasions he had a simple pass for us to retain possession and still booted it.

Aouer-United

Is he allergic to passing to Malacia or what? Malacia was open in space with no opp players near him couple of times and De Gea just hoof the ball which Leicester City regained the possession from it.

Trequartistry

On the contrary, the over focusing over his goal kicks to single out the negative thing in his game while he was solid in protecting the net is ridiculous. In the last 2 games he had made some pretty good saves that could have easily been the equalizer.
Saves that I’m certain every keeper in the premier league makes? Like last week when the ball was smacked straight at his face and for some reason his stans was lapping him up

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

He boots the ball forward almost every time he has the ball. We don't have a target man to win headers. We're relying on trying to win second balls. He lasted this transfer window. Next summer, it is a priority to replace him. There is a huge difference between how De Gea started this season and how he's playing now. He's playing everything long now.

He must be under orders to boot it because Ten Hag would be going nuts if he wasn't.

JB7

Saves that I’m certain every keeper in the premier league makes? Like last week when the ball was smacked straight at his face and for some reason his stans was lapping him up
It's a pretty basic save made more difficult by his starting position (a common trait with De Gea to be fair). I thought it was odd in the ground but wanted to check a replay before commenting but he's a step too far to his right when the kick is taken, hence you see him taking two steps to his left before Maddison even strikes the ball. The reality it's a good strike and a fine save but the ball is nowhere near the corner, it's actually a good yard in from the post and either goalkeeper on the pitch last night would have been very disappointed to have let it in.

NewYorkRed

Remember when people here were telling you he makes the defenders bad? Like he’s the reason Jones, Smalling, Maguire, Shaw etc looked crap? Well it turns out that theory was as stupid as it sounded; they were all crap on their own, had absolutey nothing to do with Dave.

His distribution last game was criminal though. Needs to do better, but I’m convinced thats a confidence thing and will get better as the season progresses.

Mmm-Qatarian

His save from the Madison free kick was excellent. It's still an issue that his kicks always go long though. His long kick is actually fairly decent but you have to be confident enough to play it short as well. As Cain Smith pointed out, you're going to struggle to take control of matches if you don't have that option.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's surely orders to go long after how much of a disaster he was in the first two games.

Expect we'll phase the short game back in after more work in training with the back 4/6.

Has to be his last season.

Ladron de redcafe

His save from the Madison free kick was excellent. It's still an issue that his kicks always go long though. His long kick is actually fairly decent but you have to be confident enough to play it short as well. As Cain Smith pointed out, you're going to struggle to take control of matches if you don't have that option.
The mistake against Brentford might be in the back of his mind and he might be having some doubts about going short whenever the CB is under pressure. Having said that, I still think he's coming out to collect balls more often than he used to.

He will need to work on his long balls, as well as figuring out the appropriate times to play the ball short.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His constant long punts up the field are especially bad since we have Rashford up there who has terrible hold-up play and can't win an aerial ball. It's basically a guarantee that the opposition defenders are going to win it.

Things should improve slightly when we play Ronaldo (who can win some headers) or Martial (who can bring the ball down and hold on to it). Obviously still not ideal, but hopefully it'll be some improvement.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thought it was a routine save for any decent GK. It curled a but but it wasn't in the corner.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Anyone have an idea on who should be our main targets next summer to replace him? GK is the one position I don't have a great knowledge of as far as potential prospects go.
Sanchez and DDG is his idol. Dubrawka will replace him before the World Cup

SAFMUTD

I'm pretty sure thats Ten Hag's instructions, first two games we were playing from the back. We looked totally shit at it and teams punished us for it.

I think Ten Hag noticed this and decided to abandon the playing from the back approach, at least for now. I do think eventually well come back to it again and by that time we'll need a better keeper than De Gea.

CloneMC16

I'm pretty sure thats Ten Hag's instructions, first two games we were playing from the back. We looked totally shit at it and teams punished us for it.

I think Ten Hag noticed this and decided to abandon the playing from the back approach, at least for now. I do think eventually well come back to it again and by that time we'll need a better keeper than De Gea.
I know. Everybody that is even slightly critical of De Gea knew that he wouldn't be able to play the way ETH will want him to. That is why I thought it should have been a priority to replace him this summer. We even bought Martinez to help the team to play out from the back. The philosophy has already been abandoned after 2 games, and it was obvious before a ball had been kicked that this would have to happen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am one of his biggest fans here but I have sadly come to the conclusion Dubravka has to be phased in.
The nunver of turnovers Leicester had when the ball reached his feet was ridiculous.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If our scouts are not boozing around during the WC, there can be an interesting opportunity for the GK department.

phelans shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.