Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinGin

If he accept a huge pay cut for next contract and accept to play a backup position, i think we should renew it for thanking him to serve us for long time and saved us during that darkness era. Loyal fee!?

largelyworried

Nah his skill level is quite basic. Good for a goalie but nothing special at all. I'll stay thank you very much
Last season, out of 116 goal keepers across Europes big 5 leagues
  • He's ranked 6th for passing accuracy
  • He's ranked 8th for most passes made
  • He's ranked 3rd for most interventions outside his box
De Gea ranks 90th, 80th and 111th out of 116 in those three metrics. Honestly, just give up.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
De Gea ranks 90th, 80th and 111th out of 116 in those three metrics. Honestly, just give up.
His passing stats aren’t reliable. Look at the majority of his passes, they’re all short passes to the centre backs because nobody trusts him to kick it long.

largelyworried

His passing stats aren’t reliable. Look at the majority of his passes, they’re all short passes to the centre backs because nobody trusts him to kick it long.
That's specifically passing accuracy over 40 yards actually, short passes aren't separated on fbref.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In every game we play, the opposition goalkeeper distributed the ball so much better than him.
Weird game to make that point given this goalkeeper repeatedly misplayed the ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In every game we play, the opposition goalkeeper distributed the ball so much better than him.
You’ve got to be joking, their keeper booted it out of play about 20 times :lol:

The United

Touch the ball three times and kick the ball up which came back to us right away anyway.

Was pissing me off with taking his sweet time to the same shite routine while we were chasing a game.

OL29

Weird game to make that point given this goalkeeper repeatedly misplayed the ball.
Not really, their keeper was able to find his teammates in space with long balls repeatedly. Even when given time De Gea either hits it straight to the opposition or plays a ball that’s impossible to control.

Olecurls99

Again, let's see how he goes. New manager, new method. If he can't do it then we let him go, it's that easy.

I wonder would the sublime Allison have such stats if he was passing to our lot. Methinks not.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not really, their keeper was able to find his teammates in space with long balls repeatedly. Even when given time De Gea either hits it straight to the opposition or plays a ball that’s impossible to control.
Did I just imagine him repeatedly hitting it out of play then?

Swedish_Plumber

Did the ref book him for time wasting at the end?

He was taking an age to make his mind up to punt the ball up all night. Bloody frustrating.

Thought he came out well to deny them a second late on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Did the ref book him for time wasting at the end?

He was taking an age to make his mind up to punt the ball up all night. Bloody frustrating.

Thought he came out well to deny them a second late on.
No he was getting fecked off at the ref cos he was being an officious prick over the dead ball.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Apart from costing some throw-ins with his kicking, the Sociedad keeper also dropped 2 very easy crosses. Competing with DDG on all the familiar fronts!

For de Gea, a very smart save from the counter - shame it didn't mean anything. Terrible kicking. Not much to do otherwise.

Longshanks

Again, let's see how he goes. New manager, new method. If he can't do it then we let him go, it's that easy.

I wonder would the sublime Allison have such stats if he was passing to our lot. Methinks not.
He almost definitely would. Because he actually shows for the ball and the defenders would be confident playing it back to him confident that he won't loose it or just hoof it (most of the time).

Whereas passing back to de gea under any kind of pressure pretty much guarentees a turnover.

Olecurls99

He almost definitely would. Because he actually shows for the ball and the defenders would be confident playing it back to him confident that he won't loose it or just hoof it (most of the time).

Whereas passing back to de gea under any kind of pressure pretty much guarentees a turnover.
We'll see. He did the necessary for the goal against Arsenal

CloneMC16

His proactivity at the end was very unlike him. Good to see that. His starting position was exceptional, and that allowed him to pouch on the ball. Hopefully he continues to do that.

Their keeper's distribution was way better than De Gea's. He played some beautiful passes out to the wings. Pressing him was wasted energy. We need that ability in our team.

Red00012

Towards the end of the 2nd half he has the ball at his feet , Ronaldo decides to run into an empty pocket. DDG then kicks it up towards him that goes about 20 feet above his head and lands at CB. His distribution is a solid 1/10

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The distribution their keeper showed is exactly what we lack. The ability to ping balls out to wingers in good positions consistently. How is it that so many clubs have goalkeepers capable of this, yet we are stuck with De Gea who is horrendous with the ball at his feet?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I couldn't believe what I saw. Is that his first sweeping in his ten or so years here?
does it once every 5 games or so leading to comments like this every time. (last i remember was vs liverpool)

Bondi77

If he accept a huge pay cut for next contract and accept to play a backup position, i think we should renew it for thanking him to serve us for long time and saved us during that darkness era. Loyal fee!?
I could be sticking my neck out here but I would imagine he would take that as a huge insult :houllier::houllier:
When it comes time that the club do not require his services anymore I would hope that David will go back to Spain and find a club that he wants to play for or simply retire... I am sure he will be able to afford it!

Olecurls99

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The distribution their keeper showed is exactly what we lack. The ability to ping balls out to wingers in good positions consistently. How is it that so many clubs have goalkeepers capable of this, yet we are stuck with De Gea who is horrendous with the ball at his feet?
Their keeper’s distribution was nothing special. In the first half he was as likely to float the ball over the winger’s head as he was to find them. De Gea is capable of playing that pass to a wide player inside our half with about the same % success. What he almost never does is mix it up with accurate longer passes, or passes between the lines. That’s the big difference between him and the really top keepers.

RkkMan

In line to have his extra year triggered. Car crash of a decision

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I bet this is because no one would buy him so he will be our number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.