Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said it last season and I stand by it: the more we improve, the more noticeable a problem he becomes. He thrives when it’s chaos.
A certain other player in his current iteration does also and it’s no surprise they were our two best players in a season of turmoil

seanboy

Nah mate, if waking up means I will start being a coward like the hate squad, I am good. Anyone thinking that last goal is on Dea Gea might need to watch more football.
Bizarre. It was clearly his fault.

Phil Osophy

At least we know it's one season more and the nightmare will be over. There's no way Ten Hag builds his system around this farce of a keeper.

El Jefe

People blaming De Gea for everything are more of a cowards than David will ever be. Disgraceful.
I suppose you think the goal we conceded against Palace wasn't his fault too right?

Get your head out the sand, DDG has conceded the same goal far too many times since he's been here.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Nah mate, if waking up means I will start being a coward like the hate squad, I am good. Anyone thinking that last goal is on Dea Gea might need to watch more football.
It is 100 on de Gea, you don't need to hate him to see he's really not good enough in most aspects of the game.

He has outstanding reflexes with both hands and feet, he is a good diver but that's it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
60% DDG's fault, 40% poor set up for the corner,

There should be a player on the attacker next to the keeper, that's twice in the second half that Villa used a player to block off DDG, both times neither attacker had a marker.

A defender needs to be marking that 'blocker' and pushing them away from the keeper, otherwise it's so easy for DDG to get caught in traffic.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

There should be a player on the attacker next to the keeper, that's twice in the second half that Villa used a player to block off DDG, both times neither attacker had a marker.

A defender needs to be marking that 'blocker' and pushing them away from the keeper, otherwise it's so easy for DDG to get caught in traffic.
Is it allowed for a goalkeeper to coach what he needs from the defenders to prevent a goal?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He'd be the GOAT NHL goaltender. All about reflexes, positioning and shot stopping without shoddy high balls, sweeping and penalties

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I agree, it is bizzare how some basic football stuff goes beyond so many people on here, keep on the hate flow though, it's much easier.
Far from a De Gea hater but gotta say you have a weird take on this.

Many things didn't go well on that corner but De Gea coming, getting jammed up and ultimately doing nothing was a big mistake. Really poor goalkeeping.

RORY65

The goal isn't entirely on him and the defenders could have dealt with it but it's just typical of him, he's so weak in those situations.

Him still being our number 1 is just another reminder of the mess that the club has created for itself that will take time to untangle, the reason he's still got the job is his contract is so bad that no other club would want him especially given he's not an elite level goalkeeper.

Champ

Is it allowed for a goalkeeper to coach what he needs from the defenders to prevent a goal?
Keeper/main center back should be the ones leading the line,

But this is the issue with so many changes and subs, no one knows what the hell they are doing.

It didn't happen in the first half, only in the second from what I remember.

It was poor marking and poor GK, it is possible that there multiple mistakes at play here.

Longshanks

I agree, it is bizzare how some basic football stuff goes beyond so many people on here, keep on the hate flow though, it's much easier.
So erm a corner comes swinging into the six yard box, the keeper attempts to go for it, gets nowhere near it and then actually ducks out of any attempt at a challenge and watches helplessly as the ball is headed into the empty net, isn't on the keeper at all!?

I mean the defending wasn't great but as a keeper when you end up neither in a posistion to challenge for the ball or save the attempt at goal then you may have to accept some of the responsibility, he didn't really cover himself in glory for the first goal either and then the goal he conceded against Palace was a classic case of him being more worried about getting hurt then making a proper save.

Mark my words De gea will cost us this seasons and we will regret letting Henderson go on loan.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Looks good when he has lots of saves to make. When he doesn't have that and is asked to do the basics like dominating his box he isn't good enough. Corners will be a big weakness this season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Keeper/main center back should be the ones leading the line,

But this is the issue with so many changes and subs, no one knows what the hell they are doing.

It didn't happen in the first half, only in the second from what I remember.

It was poor marking and poor GK, it is possible that there multiple mistakes at play here.
I think it happened twice this match, once before the subs but I could be wrong.

Either way, it is ridiculously bad for it to happen twice in one half. After the first time, a commanding goalkeeper really should organise his defence for the next corner. Just awful stuff.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

Things to work on for Ten Hag. Good that these things show up in pre season, exactly what these games are for.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't hate him, far from it, I loved him in the years where he was embarrassing strikers left, right and centre. Those years are behind him and he's just not that good anymore. He's outstayed his welcome in the first team. Nothing wrong with that, well, there wouldn't be if we adequately replaced him which we still inexplicably haven't yet.

Trex

Should be better at defending set play, he has the advantage of using his hand and being more aggressive than it would be allowed for an outfielder.

Telsim

Said before and I will say it again: I like him, I think he is a cool dude, but as a GK he doesn't fit at all what this team is trying to achieve. And you can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially when they are so alien to his style. He is not going to suddenly turn into a ball-sweeping, cross-claiming, pass-delivering machine at 32. There is a reason he is so far down the pecking order in the Spanish NT

We need a new modern keeper.

Champ

I think it happened twice this match, once before the subs but I could be wrong.

Either way, it is ridiculously bad for it to happen twice in one half. After the first time, a commanding goalkeeper really should organise his defence for the next corner. Just awful stuff.
Yeah, you're right,

although with so many changes it's easy to become disorganised.

Møllemanden

When a team is low on confidence and have been for a loooong time, this is the last thing you wanna see. DDG handles these situations exactly the same way as he did 10 years ago. Close your eyes, jump and hope for the best. He did it earlier in the game as well and just got lucky that the ball sailed through the 6 yard box.

The goal he conceded against Palace was very very poor as well. I think we need to strengthen this position as well. DDG has done well for us many times, but he has at least 5-10 brainfarts every season, and that's not acceptable if you want to challenge for titles.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its like he forgets he's allowed to use his arms and hands when a ball comes in.

Unam333

I agree, he needs to be more brave in that situation. Awful goal to concede.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Coaching might improve him coming off his line and his playing out from the back, but don't think there's anything that will make him better at claiming crosses. Not a strength of his at all, right back from day 1 here.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He’s been like that forever from crosses - it isn’t changing now. I was impressed/encouraged him even if slightly concerned that he was one of most composed players with the ball at his feet second half…that part of his game is looking good which is important for us this season.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Far from a De Gea hater but gotta say you have a weird take on this.

Many things didn't go well on that corner but De Gea coming, getting jammed up and ultimately doing nothing was a big mistake. Really poor goalkeeping.
He wasn't great, but he got zero help. I'm not sure anyone is saying he's blameless, but the shouts of'coward' and 'fraud' are ridiculous, and ruining the forum imo.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Coaching might improve him coming off his line and his playing out from the back, but don't think there's anything that will make him better at claiming crosses. Not a strength of his at all, right back from day 1 here.
Yep.

Best case scenario is we're as otherwise well organised at set-pieces as we can be and control the game well enough to reduce the amount of pressure he comes under.

City faced about 60% of the crosses and 60% of the corners we did last season. Bringing our numbers down closer to them in that regard would help a lot. And that's more likely to happen than De Gea suddenly not being weak at claiming.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He wasn't great, but he got zero help. I'm not sure anyone is saying he's blameless, but the shouts of'coward' and 'fraud' are ridiculous, and ruining the forum imo.
Part of goalkeeping is also organising your defence though, and he is horrible at that and has been for years.

For Ajax this was a big issue in the second half of the season when Pasveer got injured and Onana took over. It makes a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.