Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's one of the worst keepers in the league. Adds nothing to the the team.

Omonia Nicosia 2:3 Man Utd

RedOrange

Does anyone else think he has looked more comfortable on the ball recently? He had been booting it long every time since the Brentford game but after that international break he has been playing out from the back more.

criticalanalysis

Dreadful 'positioning' for the goal. Rooted to his line and let the player dribble all the way to his 6 yard box.

Yet another mistake that will get overlooked. I really hope ETH is seeing this and we're making plans as a club for next summer.

Longshanks

Dreadful 'positioning' for the goal. Rooted to his line and let the player dribble all the way to his 6 yard box.

Yet another mistake that will get overlooked. I really hope ETH is seeing this and we're making plans as a club for next summer.
Fully agree gets done on his near post again, and gets nowhere near it, in that situation almost every other GK is coming out to rush the striker forcing them to rush the shot or attempt to go round the keeper into a tight angle not our Dave though doesn't want to get hurt does he?

Also brilliant moment at the end of the game, ball gets worked back to him in stoppage time with a 1 goal lead, and what does he do under no pressure at all, smashes it forward we lose possession then come under pressure and have to do some defending to see the game out.

I bet ETH was furious about that.

Sylar

It's hard to judge him because it feels like posting the exact same comment after every match

Reckon if I did an honest assessment it could be copy and pasted for 90% of the games

Irwin99

Does anyone else think he has looked more comfortable on the ball recently? He had been booting it long every time since the Brentford game but after that international break he has been playing out from the back more.
Yes I agree. I was far more critical of his positioning against City but there have been times this season when he's looked a bit more composed on the ball in my opinion (including the City match). Maybe benefiting under new coaching?

Real Name

Could have done better for their 1st goal, you go out of the goal for that kind of runs and close attacker's angle.

ash_86

There was a long ball which was bouncing like crazy and opponent almost lobbed De Gea while our keeper was rooted and watching. I was screaming for him to come and collect/punch it away. Need to be replaced ASAP

Lentwood

Came here to say this. Another goal conceded by DDG that will never go down as a mistake or be picked up by "expected saves" statistics etc...but simply fails the eye-test

A proper goalkeeper would have anticipated that the ONLY pass the lad Bruno could play was to the goalscorer. I guarantee Allisson would have been at the blokes feet the minute he received the ball. Instead DDG does nothing, doesn't affect the player by closing the angle and just lets him fire in from close range.

This is the sort of thing you don't pick up in statistics because technically, once the lad shoots from that position, its obviously a low expected save

Oranges038

Aye he should have been out anticipating that pass, but nope once it comes anywhere near he drops off.

Second goal came because he played the ball right back into the crowded area when there was players to his left.

For me he really needs to be replaced, poor on the ball and too reactive and passive with balls around the box. Has always been like this, but the saves is all people see.

BehemothTerror

OK for 99% of the game but agree about the first goal. Schmeichel for example might still have conceded it but he'd have charged off his line to close the angle and bollocked the defense regardless.

De Gea is still good but his communication and willingness to leave his 6 yard line are still big weaknesses unless we play deeper

JeffFromHK

OK for 99% of the game but agree about the first goal. Schmeichel for example might still have conceded it but he'd have charged off his line to close the angle and bollocked the defense regardless.

De Gea is still good but his communication and willingness to leave his 6 yard line are still big weaknesses unless we play deeper
De Gea just makes 1v1 so easy for our opponents with his root-in-the-6-yard-box approach. Our fanbase seem to take it for granted that a 1v1 against us is a goal conceded, but it is actually not the case.

czemuch

two sweeps, 1 decent shot stopped, and about 5 crosses he should've claimed

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I was all set to give De Gea man of the match. He made saves he should have, he was quick off his line playing sweeper keeper and his distribution was spot on. He also made a great save on Garner and had no chance at saving their goal. But then the final minutes happened. What started as a floated ball from Everton's half into our 18, ended with a flurry of corner kicks. My problem is that first corner kick shouldn't have happened. That ball was a floater from 50+ yards. There was plenty of time for De Gea to easily come collect that. He still gets a 6/10 from me today, but that ending was a lot harder than it should have been and prevented De Gea from getting a 7 or 8 and possibly MOTM (which goes to Shaw). The best keepers don't just make great saves. They do the little things that help prevent scoring chances from happening in the first place. That was a nervous ending and it never should have been...

criticalanalysis

I'm very critical of him so I'm glad I can be one of the first posters to say I really liked what I saw from him today. Very pro-active from his line, his distribution with short as well as long passes was actually very good too.
Yes same....but I didn't like his feet movement for their goal and his use of the opposite arm business. I don't care what anyone tells me, it's not 'efficient'. He may prefer it etc but the use of it is fundamentally wrong, especially when you're not moving your feet and diving from the spot.

Alemar

Very good save after Garner shot in the end, pro-active sweeping and decent distribution today. Not bad

The United

Thought he should have done better with the first goal but I am pleased with the rest of the match from him.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'd say this is the best I've seen De Gea play this season. His distribution was generally solid, made some good quality saves and even did some sweeping.

CloneMC16

This is the best I've seen De Gea play in ages. He was very good. Did a bit of proactive keeping, too. Great to see.

Idxomer

His most all-around performance in ages but still could've done more on the last few corners.

flameinthesun

I'd say this is the best I've seen De Gea play this season. His distribution was generally solid, made some good quality saves and even did some sweeping.
I think this was the best passing display ive ever seen from De Gea. Was also noticeable that we felt comfortable to play out from goal kicks even with everton pressing.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yes same....but I didn't like his feet movement for their goal and his use of the opposite arm business. I don't care what anyone tells me, it's not 'efficient'. He may prefer it etc but the use of it is fundamentally wrong, especially when you're not moving your feet and diving from the spot.
I don't like that kind of reach either. If I"m getting something to the right of me, it will be easier to do it with me right hand not my left hand. I also think that he could have cheated a bit to his left before the shot. With that being said, I don't think it would have mattered. That was a great shot and it would have taken an absolute worldy to stop that one

Rossa

What? His reach is much better using that technique and the best goalies do it. Made a great save from Garner later on doing the same - complained about style then did uou?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've criticised him plenty over the last few years, but full credit today. Easily his best all-round performance I can remember in years. He probably should have come out and claimed one of those late crosses, but otherwise he was actually doing most of the things that he's normally very poor at. Long may it continue.

arnie_ni

He did the same for the garner save or the mata fk which is one of his best ever

Status
Not open for further replies.