Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's been pretty fantastic since those opening couple of games. We're slow to give him credit these days.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Excellent again yesterday. People finding fault at this point have likely simply committed to that position and can’t turn back.

Trequartistry

Can’t believe some of the comments here, passing was very shaky putting our players under pressure, one of his big saves was from a chance created that could have been eliminated had he claimed a cross and not to mention I think a better proactive keeper prevents the cross for James’ goal

Foxbatt

DeGea has to be able to do everything all at the same time. He needs to be the best passer in our team, best shot stopper in the world and the best in coming out for crosses and sweeping up too and best in saving penalties. He also needs to be the best header of the ball too. Anything I have missed?

frostbite

DeGea has to be able to do everything all at the same time. He needs to be the best passer in our team, best shot stopper in the world and the best in coming out for crosses and sweeping up too and best in saving penalties. He also needs to be the best header of the ball too. Anything I have missed?
If he could only score when we really need it...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Unless he does this, he'd never be good enough.

largelyworried

Being in the top 10 in at least one category would be a nice start.

Sylar

Another good game from him. He really isnt a problem that needs to be fixed ASAP like some people here seem to claim. He also seems to be coming off his line a bit more.
If an option becomes available, we need to take it though. Hes a position that will need fixing imo.
Hes done well (maybe more than well) this season (bar the first few games where he was just horrible).
I have personally liked what ive seen in recent games with regards to him being more proactive.

However if a goakeeper is available for a good price at a good age, one that can organise defences, control the box, etc I think its a position we should look to get sorted especially if we want to be challenging for all major trophies.

I think theres a level hes not at imo, between top4 keeper and challenging for titles on a consistent basis, keeping in mind hes just turned 32. I know keepers can get better as they age (and its not an issue like it would be for outfield players). However some of the basics when you compare him to the the very best weve had is lacking.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The problem is that he's consistently been among the worst in the league in a lot of those areas.

Though as you mention it, given he's literally the highest paid goalkeeper on planet earth it would be nice if he was actually the best at some of those things.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Even though he's saying his overall performance is down on last season, I would generally see this as a positive take.

Crosses are a permanent problem but his shot-stopping stats could easily improve across the rest of the season given that's his primary strength. And a De Gea who was doing well in shot-stopping and stays above average in terms of sweeping and passing under pressure wouldn't be the liability we feared he may be under ETH.

fallengt

Still hasn't triggered +1 year option (club's done it with Rashford & Dalot)
Look like United's replacing DDG which makes sense. With Ronaldo gone, De Gea is club's highest earner?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think United would happily extend him if he go back to normal wages. For 350k +, he is a waste of space and money.

Nero

He'll renew of reduced wages and remain number 1. My keeper.

Water Melon

I doubt we are ready to pay him more than 200k a week, and it looks like we are not triggering one year extension option. If this is correct, then it looks like a clear message from ETH. Doubt that David will agree to reduce his wages significantly. He has probably been our most consistent performer ever since SAF retired, but it is probably the right time to part ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think he'd have many suitors when on free, even with 350k/wk demand.

It's like getting him for 20m on 200k/wk in 3 years contract.

Zetrio2002

Come on, De Gea. Please sign on and outlast Jones! Money doesn't matter to you.

CM10

I think he'd have many suitors when on free, even with 350k/wk demand.

It's like getting him for 20m on 200k/wk in 3 years contract.
Even £200k per week is a huge sum for a goalkeeper. Ederson and Alisson don't earn that much.

No other club will offer de Gea a comparable contract to what he's currently on. I'm sure de Gea knows himself that a contract at United (even if renegotiated on lesser terms) still represents his best bet of making good money.

BorisManUtd

Let's hope he overtakes Schmeichel as soon as possible and climbs more on PL all-time clean sheet table as well, where's currently 6th but could potentially become 3rd until the end of the season, though that's maybe a long shot.

Zetrio2002

Even £200k per week is a huge sum for a goalkeeper. Ederson and Alisson don't earn that much.

No other club will offer de Gea a comparable contract to what he's currently on. I'm sure de Gea knows himself that a contract at United (even if renegotiated on lesser terms) still represents his best bet of making good money.
Yes De gea just has to look at Sergio Romero. He rejected the renewed contract and went to a serie A club and gets relegated.

arnie_ni

Not one comment? Criminally underappreciated here. Massive performance from DDG.
Big de gea fan here but was that not a relatively easy save more or less straight at him? I'd be criticising him if he didn't save it

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Big de gea fan here but was that not a relatively easy save more or less straight at him? I'd be criticising him if he didn't save it
He made a number of good saves. People/pundits/commentators cream themselves when Alisson makes saves like that.

SAFMUTD

Not much work today but two great saves. Always hard to make them when you're hardly involved in the match.

arnie_ni

He made a number of good saves. People/pundits/commentators cream themselves when Alisson makes saves like that.
Possibly. I just think that's his bread and butter. I expect him to make all those saves today. Downfall of his own success over the years maybe from my part

RedDevilRoshi

Two massive saves from the Neves free-kick and then at the corner in stoppage time. Did what he to do when called upon.

Long term yes we need a new GK but it’s not our priority just now. Our priority is at the other end of the pitch.

zenith

Couple of brilliant and crucial saves, especially the one right at the end.

Like him or not. He's crucial to us getting 3 points ever so often

Status
Not open for further replies.