Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roux

I thought he was crap last season too - some world class saves, but the weaknesses were there every single game.

led_scholes

He makes the same mistakes every game. Sometimes these would not lead to conceding and in the same game he will make a good save and some will say he saved us.
The guy is broken since 2018.four years ago..

Seveneric

I wanted to feel sorry for him but then I remembered he's the highest paid Spanish player in the world...
Only if we had had someone in the club told ETH that DDG statistically ranks lowest in ball distribution in the league. A Football Director maybe? Oh wait, he's busy sucking Glazers off
Did ETH ask for these stats and he wasn't shown? Because I'd like to think as an incoming manager, you'd request for briefs on the players you intend to coach. Unless ETH asked for a brief on DDG and the club didn't have his distribution stats or intentionally hid them from ETH, not sure what the bolded has to do with anything.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Some have mentioned Arteta being a comparison to ten Hag and now Arsenal “trusted the process” with him — one thing he did was bin Leno for Ramsdale. Let’s see if ten Hag will do something similar with De Gea…

devips

He is brilliant with top corner saves on the reflex. These hollywood saves are noticed and has made people forget the other deficiencies.
He has always been extremely vulnerable to shots rolled around the grass. Yesterday's first goal was just the latest instance in scores of such bloopers over the years.

sugar_kane

His insistence on being interviewed post match and “fronting up” is so disingenuous in that it’s quite clearly an attempt to deflect from his own shite performances while inflating his rep as a player who cares.

Wouldn’t be surprised either if it’s an attempt to keep Ten Hag on side and prevent being dropped.

It’s hard to tell whether it’s premeditated or instinctive, but it’s quite clear that’s what is happening.

Andersons Dietician

I’m confused by this terrible keeper narrative? All keepers make the occasional howler. Yesterday he had a howler but then still managed to pull off some great saves. The pass to Eriksen is the right pass, in the context of build up play and yes he certainly needs to become a lot more confident with his feet and picking passes and moving the ball around but he’s still a solid keeper.

Devil81

I feel the same way.

Im not a fan that has a go at players like Maguire, Varane, Lindelof and Martinez yet because they have to defend in front of such an incapable goalkeeper.
Must be a nightmare knowing he won't come and claim crosses.

Even the Welbeck square ball last week, he's got to be making more effort to block the cross.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
His insistence on being interviewed post match and “fronting up” is so disingenuous in that it’s quite clearly an attempt to deflect from his own shite performances while inflating his rep as a player who cares.

Wouldn’t be surprised either if it’s an attempt to keep Ten Hag on side and prevent being dropped.

It’s hard to tell whether it’s premeditated or instinctive, but it’s quite clear that’s what is happening.
This.

It's pretty obvious to me what he's up to. I wish some fans would stop falling for this. ETH is an intelligent man, he can't possibly fall for this crap too? The only thing that should be looked at is his performances. Doesn't matter what he says publicly. If he's not performing on the pitch, drop him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's not a modern keeper and he's never once shown that he has that ability. On form he's a world class shot stopper and that's it. I like him as a character but under no circumstances should he get a new contract. The next GK we buy really needs to be a modern type with view to dislodging Dave this season.

He can't complain really. I know he wants to stay, but he's been incredibly well compensated during his stay here and he can go somewhere else with a pot of gold.
With a reported budget of £7m allocated for a keeper, I wouldn’t hold your breath on that

redcucumber

Fans have been saying this about De Gea for ages. He isn't fit for purpose. Why does it take performances like this over a protracted length of time for the club to realise what the fans have been seeing and saying for ages? It's absolutely mental. Get him the feck out, and stop dithering around.

Jazz

Fans have been saying this about De Gea for ages. He isn't fit for standard. Why does it take performances like this over a protracted length of time for the club to realise what the fans have been seeing and saying for ages? It's absolutely mental. Get him the feck out, and stop dithering around.
It is a mystery.... unless he's well protected by the hierarchy for reasons unknown.

Cloudface

I’m confused by this terrible keeper narrative? All keepers make the occasional howler. Yesterday he had a howler but then still managed to pull off some great saves. The pass to Eriksen is the right pass, in the context of build up play and yes he certainly needs to become a lot more confident with his feet and picking passes and moving the ball around but he’s still a solid keeper.
The bloke is about as solid as diarrhoea and always has been.

No good at claiming aerial balls.
No good at physically imposing himself in the box.
No good at sweeping and clearing balls dropped over the defence.
No good at one on ones, always turning away from the attacker.
No good with near post shots (he's afraid of the goalpost)
And yes, he's the worst GK in the league for his passing.
He's the worst keeper in the league.

redcucumber

It is a mystery.... unless he's well protected by the hierarchy for reasons unknown.
You'd think it would have to be something like that, but there's countless instances of the club seemingly being two steps behind everyone else. De Gea needing replacing, neither Dalot and AWB not being good enough, the ineptitude of McFred, the risk of focusing all our efforts on signing De Jong, giving Bruno a new contract despite consistently shite performances. It's a constant thing. It's astounding how badly are we run.

Jazz

:lol:

redcucumber

Are you kidding?! The game was dead and buried because of him within 20 minutes. That pass to Eriksen was ridiculously poorly executed. I can't believe you aren't trolling with that comment.

Jazz

You'd think it would have to be something like that, but there's countless instances of the club seemingly being two steps behind everyone else. De Gea needing replacing, neither Dalot and AWB not being good enough, the ineptitude of McFred, the risk of focusing all our efforts on signing De Jong, giving Bruno a new contract despite consistently shite performances. It's a constant thing. It's astounding how badly are we run.
I kind of think we as fans need to be more vocal on this issue.

We're trying to do too many toxic things at once. Leave the owners aside for the moment and concentrate on letting the club know we're fed up with their incompetence.

I also wonder about the politics at the club? Do we have too many in certain positions who have their own interests in making some of these daft decisions? Everyone needs to be on the same page, but I get the feeling it's chaotic as all hell with folks constantly taking their full monthly allocation of stupid pills daily.

Raw

It's not the occasional howler though is it. He's been letting in easy goals and making stupid mistakes for years, it's just that his shot stopping makes people forget about all that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It absolutely wasn’t. As pointed out by ETH and admitted by DDG. If we’re going to play the ball out from the back the goalkeeper has the same responsibility as everyone else when it comes to picking a pass. Look for someone who is in space and not being tightly marked. It’s absolutely basic stuff. Football 101. And he got it badly wrong. What makes it even worse was that he made the exact same error a few minutes earlier and didn’t learn from it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Some have mentioned Arteta being a comparison to ten Hag and now Arsenal “trusted the process” with him — one thing he did was bin Leno for Ramsdale. Let’s see if ten Hag will do something similar with De Gea…
Not in his first season he didn’t
Im 100% sure Ten Hag isn’t having DDG but there are many holes to plug AND he needs a good recruitment team at the club

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
At the time I was devastated. But thank god the fax machine broke. I am sure we would have won nothing with this bloke.

CM10

Pep made a huge call dropping Joe Hart maybe it should happen to De Gea. If it doesn't work in a few more games I'd say drop him but our 2nd Best keeper we loaned out. I was a big fan of him, but his arrogance has tarred it for me. I'd rather trust a bad De Gea over Heaton.
I think he would if he had the funds to do it. Pep got it wrong with Bravo before spending again on Ederson the following summer. I'm not sure ten Hag will have that luxury.

As ever, we've left it so late in the window that finding the right player is also that bit more difficult.

Andersons Dietician

Are you kidding?! The game was dead and buried because of him within 20 minutes. That pass to Eriksen was ridiculously poorly executed. I can't believe you aren't trolling with that comment.
Would I have made that pass probably not but then a year or two ago there was a video of Gomes in exactly the same position and he turns the player and that clip was posted on here loads, praised and started many discussions about this is the type of skill our DM needs.
Carrick could do similar, heck even Fred and McT have done it, Lots of the best teams make that pass. The player read what Eriksen was doing and gambled. If Eriksen had decided to shift that ball to his right that player flys past him and we are praising him for his ability.

In what they are being asked to do it’s the right pass even under preasure.

The first goal though, feck knows what he was doing. It was like he was caught in two minds between diving for it or scooping it in to his body and he ended up doing neither and just got his positioning terribly wrong.

Danny

If Eriksen had checked behind him first then he would have quite easily turn out of the press but he turned into it. McTominay actually did this a few times in the game and got away and beat the press. It’s high risk football for this exact reason- when it doesn’t go right you tend to concede chances.

Smores

Strange take, he absolutely did the right thing and took the blame. There's no benefit to taking the blame it just puts more focus on him.

Compare that to games where Maguire makes mistakes and he never admits it he just says we need to be better shirking it off as collective failure.

Cloudface

If Eriksen had checked behind him first then he would have quite easily turn out of the press but he turned into it. McTominay actually did this a few times in the game and got away and beat the press. It’s high risk football for this exact reason- when it doesn’t go right you tend to concede chances.
The manger and DDG himself have basically said it was a hospital pass and a stupid thing to do. There is not much more to say on this one.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Watching De Gea I've truly come to appreciate physical GK's who dominate their box and come out to grab a cross.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The counter attack goal.. can’t remember which one it was :lol: was also something he could have done better with. Most goalkeepers would sweep it up but he stays rooted in the box

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That’s crazy. There was no right pass there, and in large part that’s because De Gea’s passing is so limited that teams can play incredibly aggressive without any risk of cutting through them with a difficult pass, like Ederson, Alisson, etc. do. If he’s skipping out the first man he either plays a floater to the fullback, often imprecisely and always leaving enough time for the opposition to meet them, or he’s kicking it long to nobody. The opposition know that and destroy any options for the short ball.

foolsgold

Fans have been saying this about De Gea for ages. He isn't fit for purpose. Why does it take performances like this over a protracted length of time for the club to realise what the fans have been seeing and saying for ages? It's absolutely mental. Get him the feck out, and stop dithering around.
You've summed it up perfectly, he looks lost and bewildered by it all. He's not fit for purpose, he should have been moved on at the start of last season and Henderson played. The fact that we're somehow giving him 100m pounds over a 5 year contract, making him the highest paid keeper in the world is criminal. He's on well over double what Allsson is on a Liverpool, little wonder we can't ship him out.

He needs to be dropped for Heaton for the Liverpool game.

Danny

The manger and DDG himself have basically said it was a hospital pass and a stupid thing to do. There is not much more to say on this one.
They would retrospectively wouldn’t they. It it works and they beat the press they’ve taken 3 players out of the game and it would be classed as brilliant. Just how it is.

Jazz

300,000 plus reasons. They're protecting their investment.

Never forgotten what happened with Jim Leighton and never will. And this feels like that situation to me, only Ferguson had the guts to do something. Solskjaer didn't have the bollocks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46411576
They need to get over that before the guy relegates us. Just take the L on that salary and move on. He's doing far greater damage now.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

This.

Idxomer

The only time his distribution was adequate was when we still had Fellaini and he had an easy target to pick for his long launches.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
The second goal was much more frustrating than the first. Why the feck did he pass it to Eriksen when it was clear to see he was being aggressively pressed by two opponents?! Jesus Christ.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s crazy. There was no right pass there, and in large part that’s because De Gea’s passing is so limited that teams can play incredibly aggressive without any risk of cutting through them with a difficult pass, like Ederson, Alisson, etc. do. If he’s skipping out the first man he either plays a floater to the fullback, often imprecisely and always leaving enough time for the opposition to meet them, or he’s kicking it long to nobody. The opposition know that and destroy any options for the short ball.
Yeah, exactly. Plus he’s so nervous on the ball he never plays it back and forth between him and the centre backs to create angles for him to find a midfielder in space. It’s painful to watch. He’s just so limited on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.