Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

Its so utterly bizarre that De Gea has won the Golden Glove when we have had multiple back fours throughout the season and conceded a stupid amount of goals in multiple games.

But its still a great acheivement for him and the defence regardless.

flappyjay

Its so utterly bizarre that De Gea has won the Golden Glove when we have had multiple back fours throughout the season and conceded a stupid amount of goals in multiple games.

But its still a great acheivement for him and the defence regardless.
Ole's biggest mistake was that he never got himself a defensive midfielder. It makes a world of difference even for average cbs. Outside of maguire all the cbs have done well including Shaw at CB.

RedDevilQuebecois

Very good performance. Saved at least 3 goals today.

I didn't know he was a fan of Naruto though.

Red Rash

But apparently he’s a bigger problem than having no CF :lol:
I've mentioned several times recently that for me CF and CM are priority before GK but I have come round to the idea of needing to upgrade it recent weeks.

It feels weird as DDG has won the golden glove, been a great servant and has made a lot of match saving contributions this season but I think the number of clean sheets has been monumentally helped by the performances of the defenders and Casemiro this season

He was very good today though

CloneMC16

Bet the haters must be conflicted? Or is this the only stat that doesn't really mean anything?
Conflicted on what exactly? He's not good enough and should leave.

The Golden Glove is a nice achievement, but it is still a very team based award. The amount of games where we have restricted the opposition to no shots on target is quite a few. That requires the defence and midfield to do their jobs well.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
But apparently he’s a bigger problem than having no CF :lol:
He is a problem though. Today's performance, while very good and worthy of praise, doesn't change the fact that's he's been below average for several seasons now.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

The Golden Glove is a nice achievement, but it is still a very team based award. The amount of games where we have restricted the opposition to no shots on target is quite a few. That requires the defence and midfield to do their jobs well.
What about then Golden boot, do you regard that the same way?

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Yeah, I was waiting for that. All the stats that have been throw at De Gea all season, but yeah, this is the only one that doesn't matter.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Brilliant game from De Gea today.

He's had plenty of superb games this season, he's also had some shockers.

Fair play to him for getting the golden glove, brilliant achievement for him and the team.

PSV

Interestingly enough noone has influenced their team's points through their shot stopping more than De Gea. Tied at the top at +9 pts. together with Alisson. I'd say that's pretty good for someone who is "below average" at it.

CloneMC16

What about then Golden boot, do you regard that the same way?
I do, but a bit less so than the Golden Glove. I've never been a fan of individual rewards in team based sports.

Yeah, I was waiting for that. All the stats that have been throw at De Gea all season, but yeah, this is the only one that doesn't matter.
It's a good stat on paper, but I think there is missing context there. I don't even need stats to see that he should be replaced. His huge flaws are easily viewable by just watching him play.

Olecurls99

Interestingly enough noone has influenced their team's points through their shot stopping more than De Gea. Tied at the top at +9 pts. together with Alisson. I'd say that's pretty good for someone who is "below average" at it.
Get rid

Roosney

This Bournemouth game was DDG in a nutshell: crucial world class saves combined with awful panicky hoofs straight to opponents.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His shot stopping may not be quite as elite as it once was... But he's still one of the best in one vs ones.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
From a statistical POV they're wildly different things. You shouldn't be looking at them in the same way.
I'm not but if the Golden Gloves award should be looked as a team award then then Golden Bott award should also be looked at the same way IMO

redshaw

Good save today when they were through on goal, so credit where it's due.

He was looking shaky again while we're going for top 4 so I'm glad he was strong and kept them out.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm not but if the Golden Gloves award should be looked as a team award then then Golden Bott award should also be looked at the same way IMO
Why? Again, they're entirely different stats that measure wildly different things. There's zero reason to treat or view them in the same way just because they both involve the word "golden". Just because one should be regarded as a team award doesn't mean it's equally the same with the other.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see him winning golden glove. Not sure when was the last time ManUtd GK won it, maybe VDS.

RuudtheRed

He played well today and the 1 v 1 stop was incredibly crucial. A hallmark of his game when he was in his prime. Happy for him to sign an extension on reduced wages and for us to look towards a new first choice goalkeeper in the years ahead

Pickle85

Why? Again, they're entirely different stats that measure wildly different things. There's zero reason to treat or view them in the same way just because they both involve the word "golden". Just because one should be regarded as a team award doesn't mean it's equally the same with the other.
Because they're both reliant on players around them performing to a high standard. How often do you see the golden boot winner playing in a dysfunctional side?

Andersonson

This

M Bison

Supports
York City
Has dropped a few clangers this year but yet again yesterday, he was the difference between 1 and 3 points. We've far bigger issues to address in the squad that the GK position, fully expect to see him as no1 next season.

led_scholes

Are people honestly saying that he saved us today? He just did what is expected from an GK playing in the premier league. He made saves that any backup would do. People are saying this like the other choice is to put an unmovable object between the posts.

TheGame

Are people honestly saying that he saved us today? He just did what is expected from an GK playing in the premier league. He made saves that any backup would do. People are saying this like the other choice is to put an unmovable object between the posts.
No people are celebrating he kept a clean sheet and won the golden glove. That 1 on 1 save from Moore was important.

Crashoutcassius

Where are you seeing that ? That has been my impression all season but never saw any hard stats on it. I can remember multiple games with exceptional saves late on.

Can you post a link to this stat? According to some models I’ve seen this season (John Harrison) he is bang average.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Three.

Forest (A)
Wolves (A)
Sheriff (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.