David Hancko

OmarUnited4ever

Feyenoord’s David Hancko, 26, who can operate at centre-back or full-back, has been considered, but he may prove too expensive for someone likely to be a squad player.

didz

I'm pretty sure there's a Feyenoord fan on here who would love us to take him away.

@KirkDuyt maybe?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If he's going he might as well go to United. He's excellent and plat LB and CB equally well.

50 million and he's all yours.

Nefario

Supports
Málaga
I just checked his FBref stats, and they're completely ridiculous :lol: 99th percentile in nearly every offensive and possession metric

Maybe a better back-up for Lisandro than Branthwaite? Would for sure be a lot cheaper too. On to YouTube for his compilation!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
MdL and Hancko would be two really solid signings. Seems quite attainable and I'm sure we could structure a decent deal with Feyenoord.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
is he any good? know nothing about him
Potentially a excellent signing for the LCB/LB role, his technical quality is of a high level and defends aggressively. I think he'd be a good rotation option for Martinez and I don't think he'll cost a lot from a wages and transfer fee pov, which should allow us to make better use of the of the transfer budget.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought he looked very good at the euros. Covering LB and CB would make him good value if he's a decent price. I would think Slot would go for him.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
From his YT reel I really like how he spots the danger and reacts super quick to close the space down. He reminds me a bit of Vidic, only with more pace

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I have to say, apart from the Chillwell links, I’ve been really happy with most of our targets so far this summer.

aeh1991

Would be a good signing if it's under 30m. Great character, has some grit, good in the air, strong, good on the ball, can play CB/LB. I was really impressed at the euros.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I have to say, apart from the Chillwell links, I’ve been really happy with most of our targets so far this summer.
Yeah, that's the only one I've really thought doesn't make sense.

Rojofiam

He seems like a good player and it would rile up the usual anti-Dutch/anti-Eredivisie people...bring.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, I'm with you. I'd be very happy with all of them: Ugarte, Zirkzee, Hancko, de Ligt, and Kadioglu.

Berbaclass

I don’t get how he is deemed “too expensive” surely he’s good value being able to cover two positions that are needed.

didz

I don’t get how he is deemed “too expensive” surely he’s good value being able to cover two positions that are needed.
I hadn't seen a potential fee reported anywhere. What was it?

Berbaclass

I hadn't seen a potential fee reported anywhere. What was it?
There wasn’t a fee mentioned by Laurie but he said it could be too expensive.

Feyenoord’s David Hancko, 26, who can operate at centre-back or full-back, has been considered, but he may prove too expensive for someone likely to be a squad player.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No hancho unless we sell sancho

CallyRed

His name is also a nickname, what would the lads call him?

OverratedOpinion

His name is also a nickname, what would the lads call him?
Hanks

There's a science behind football nicknames. I won't go fully into it but it's basically that of your name ends in a vowel it gets switched to a consonant and vice versa.

didz

There wasn’t a fee mentioned by Laurie but he said it could be too expensive.
Yeah, I saw that bit. Your post made it sound like you disagree with concerns that he might be too expensive. How did you manage to do that without a reference for how expensive he might be?

Berbaclass

Yeah, I saw that bit. Your post made it sound like you disagree with concerns that he might be too expensive. How did you manage to do that without a reference for how expensive he might be?
I would guess that he's valued at something like 30 million euros, 40 max. Even at that price for someone who can cover both positions really well I don't consider that too expensive.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How would you compare his performance levels in the Eridevisie to Martinez when he was at Ajax?
He's probably the most important player of Slot's tenure at Feyenoord and our best defender since John de Wolf.

Performance levels though, ooph. Ajax did a 6-0-0 in the CL group with Martinez I think. We aren't THAT good, though if all of our team were as good as Hancko we might have.

He's a also very different player. He's extremely composed and relaxed and reads the game well as opposed to being an extremely tenacious tackler like Martinez.

Let's say they're both clearly too good for the Eredivisie. I also don't doubt he will adept to the premier league level.

Oh, Hancko is taller and as far as I know never injured.