David Jones

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Just got back from Macclesfield.......did anyone see what happened to Jonah?

Looked liked a dislocated shoulder or such like from where we were seating????

For those who didn't go nor have MUTV....it was mainly a reserve side....I will check teh main page before posting a team...

RedPhil1957

TonyPark said:
Just got back from Macclesfield.......did anyone see what happened to Jonah?

Looked liked a dislocated shoulder or such like from where we were seating????

For those who didn't go nor have MUTV....it was mainly a reserve side....I will check teh main page before posting a team...

I thinks it was his arm Tony.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
oskarutd said:
He went to Macclesfield General to get x-rays on his arm.
We will have to wait and see then.......

Team tonight: Van der Sar, Simpson, Lee, Ferdinand, McShane, D. Jones, Eagles, Gibson, Rossi, Rooney and Martin.

Subs:

12. R. Jones for (6)
13. Heaton for (1)
14. Rose (7)
15. Gray (2)
16. Campbell (10)
17. Shawcross (4)

Rooney and Campbell scored....the commentator got all the names mixed up

Martin had a very good game....crowd 5.656.......Tommy Lee was made captain of Macclesfield for the game....

M160RA

A long-term injury would be terrible news for David Jones. IMO it'll make it a lot harder to break into the first team if he had to be back in action once the season's already started. Hope it isn't too serious!

ruudvantastic

TonyPark said:
We will have to wait and see then.......

Team tonight: Van der Sar, Simpson, Lee, Ferdinand, McShane, D. Jones, Eagles, Gibson, Rossi, Rooney and Martin.

Subs:

12. R. Jones for (6)
13. Heaton for (1)
14. Rose (7)
15. Gray (2)
16. Campbell (10)
17. Shawcross (4)

Rooney and Campbell scored....the commentator got all the names mixed up

Martin had a very good game....crowd 5.656.......Tommy Lee was made captain of Macclesfield for the game....
I thought Lee Martin was a little quiet in the 1st half but picked up in the 2nd. Maybe I was expecting a little more after his impressive performance against Celtic.

I was very impressed with Kieron Lee, I'm not sure if he will make it at United but I think he's a good little footballer, comfortable in possesion and times his tackles well. I think he''ll progress well within the reserves this season given the chance. (Where is Eckersley though?)

I've also been impressed by Darron Gibson, seems as though he lacks a little pace and appears quite bulky but is a graceful passer and has a very good long shot on him.

Was dissapointing to see David Jones taken off to hospital, hopefully he won't be out for too long because this is a big season for him, he must be gutted.

ruudvantastic

M160RA said:
A long-term injury would be terrible news for David Jones. IMO it'll make it a lot harder to break into the first team if he had to be back in action once the season's already started. Hope it isn't too serious!
Fingers crossed, how long would the maxiumum to expect from an arm injury though? Surely no more than a couple of months?

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
I'd say two months max. When I was 16 I completely tore my shoulder up (complete separation, dislocation of the shoulder at the collarbone, torn rotator cuff, and I tore the pec muscle off of where it inserts into your arm) playing hockey and had to have some work done on it. But after 10 weeks of rehab, I was given the all-clear to begin playing again. So, I would say that if it is a broken arm or a separation he should be back in two months top.

M160RA

I think for Jones two months will be a huge setback because despite his potential, he still has to prove himself in the United first team and is still behind the likes of Fletcher and O'Shea in the midfield pecking order. I'm not saying this is the end of his United career, but I really think a two-month spell on the sidelines will considerably hamper his chances.