David Luiz

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Can't wait for Arsefam tv if this one goes through!

Amokachi

Everton Fan
Could end up seeing Mustafi and Luiz at some point this season. Oh my god.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If it's true it would probably mean that Lampard told him that he's not in his plans.
True, personally I think letting Luiz go will be a mistake. He's got the best passing range of pretty much any defender anywhere, which is probably why Arsenal want him. If we want to play on the counter attack he can be invaluable hitting balls over the top from deep.

I guess we'll see what Lampard can do with Zouma and Christensen.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Would improve Arsenal massively. Cant see Chelsea letting him leave though surely.
Would he though?

Seems similar to what they have defensively.

Brilliant on his day but can easily cost them entire games on his own by making insane decisions and mistakes.

Oxeki

Supports
Arsenal
He would instantly be our best CB. That's very worrying

Robbie Boy

He won the lottery to play for the clubs that he has. He’s utter, utter wank and always has been.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think Arsenal would have been better keeping koscielny tbh

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Always hesitant to read too much into stories in the last few days if a window but while I do like Luiz I think he can be a troublesome character if he isn't a regular starter and I also think his playful character can be a negative at training that Lampard may not be willing to tolerate.

Lampard seems a down to business on the training ground type of coach and the likes of Luiz, and Hazard was the same, always come across like they are just there to have a laugh.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He won the lottery to play for the clubs that he has. He’s utter, utter wank and always has been.
Modern Arsenal wouldnt be Arsenal without either a massively over rated or complete clown of a center back as a starter.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
£8 mil is what my sources are telling me.

He didn't not turn up to training, he trained away from the first team as he was told he would not be first choice so asked for a transfer. It's amicable apparently.

Brophs

The One and Only
Ultimately, the real winner in all of this will be Ken Early. Hours of Luiz being Luiz, with the added bonus of Arsenalification.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
With Chelsea's transfer ban they'd be mad to let him go. He's still way better than Christensen.

duffer

Scout
With Chelsea's transfer ban they'd be mad to let him go. He's still way better than Christensen.
I'm happy with Zouma and Rudiger starting with Christensen and Tomori as backups (with Azpi as another option).

There's no point having an unhappy Luiz on £150K a week sat on the bench if Lampard does not want him as a starter.

TwoSheds

I'm happy with Zouma and Rudiger starting with Christensen and Tomori as backups (with Azpi as another option).

There's no point having an unhappy Luiz on £150K a week sat on the bench if Lampard does not want him as a starter.
True I forgot about Rudiger for some reason. I suppose losing a 3rd choice CB isn't the end of the world. Personally I'd still keep him mind, I don't rate Christensen much, don't know about Tomori.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
We had 48 hrs to fill the huge Koscielny gap and I suppose this does that. feck me though, it's a strange one.

duffer

Scout
True I forgot about Rudiger for some reason. I suppose losing a 3rd choice CB isn't the end of the world. Personally I'd still keep him mind, I don't rate Christensen much, don't know about Tomori.
If Lampard is going to play a high line (which I think he is), there's not too many faster centre back in the league than Zouma and Rudi.

I think we'll miss Luiz's passes and his personality more than his defending.

Superunknown

This seems like a really odd move for Arsenal to make. Yes, they need a CB, but him?! I'm all for Luiz joining them as I don't rate him at all. :D

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
On his day he's a very good player. Was integral to Chelsea's success in recent years. One of his problems is that he's very emotional. For the money quoted, would be a sound signing for Arse, would massively improve their chances for top 4.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I feel like Lampard and him are not friends

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
On his day he's a very good player. Was integral to Chelsea's success in recent years. One of his problems is that he's very emotional. For the money quoted, would be a sound signing for Arse, would massively improve their chances for top 4.
Should feel right at home in Arsenal’s perpetually angst ridden backline.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should feel right at home in Arsenal’s perpetually angst ridden backline.
He's a leader and would bring more stability to Arsenal's backline, IMO. Of course he has a mistake in him from time to time, but he's a lot better than what Arsenal has got. I think with Luiz in the team, Emery can do a lot better than last season defensively.

TwoSheds

If Lampard is going to play a high line (which I think he is), there's not too many faster centre back in the league than Zouma and Rudi.

I think we'll miss Luiz's passes and his personality more than his defending.
He's definitely your best ball playing CB but if you don't care about the option of playing 3 at the back then yes Zouma and Rudiger are much better defenders IMO. Still, a long term injury to one of them would leave you very light unless the youngsters step up.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Probably got the hump after lamps asked him to try and you know, defend. So he's thought, where can I go where defending is optional? Ah I know, Arsenal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
£8 mil is what my sources are telling me.

He didn't not turn up to training, he trained away from the first team as he was told he would not be first choice so asked for a transfer. It's amicable apparently.
Makes sense. Christensen was looking good but Sarri didn't rate him so he hardly plays, Rudiger and Christensen will be combination I imagine with Zouma and Tomori back up. Isn't Rudiger still injured though?

Never really got David Luiz tbh. Only way it may work for Arsenal is if they go to back 3 which is what they played a fair bit last season. I'm guessing:

Bellerin/Maitland Niles.....................Holding........Sokratis......Luiz.....Tierney