David Luiz

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
If this stops arsenal buying a proper defender then we should definitely sell them Luiz. I was beginning to get worried about news of them signing Upamencano.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
We're in the real deep stuff if Zouma is now a starter. He's nowhere near good enough and was probably second only to Bakayoko in the shite ratings in the pre-season games.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Luiz is a better defender than he is given credit for and will definitely be by a distance Arsenal's best CB if he moves there.

He will go one of two ways if he does. He will either take the responsibility and thrive under it in a prove himself mode or he will take being the main defender as license to be action man and try to do everything which won't end well.

I think the current lack of characters and personalities in the Arsenal squad would make me lean towards the second scenario being more likely, where he will act like the cock that rules the roost.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think he'll be good for them. Really underrated player. Apparently, also great in the dressing room.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Probably got the hump after lamps asked him to try and you know, defend. So he's thought, where can I go where defending is optional? Ah I know, Arsenal.
If this is the unedited post from @Dancfc then there is no way that this should have received a warning. Slightly trolly? Yes. Basis in reality? Well, yes.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Think he'll be good for them. Really underrated player. Apparently, also great in the dressing room.
More like overrated. The guy was in the FIFA World Cup 11 in 2014
Absolute madness how that happened
He's just so bad at defending :annoyed:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If this is the unedited post from @Dancfc then there is no way that this should have received a warning. Slightly trolly? Yes. Basis in reality? Well, yes.
I think it's because i got a bit carried away and posted it twice :lol: (here and Arsenal's thread).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Shut it you
Ha. What did I do? :cool:

If anything he's overrated. He's a bad defender.
Nah. I've watched Chelsea quite a bit and he may lose his man on occasion (like every one of our defenders do often) but he often comes up with the vital interception/header, and his passing out from the back is superb. I like him. If he was younger, I'd love him here. And I generally hear people talk him down (since that PlayStation comment by Nev, or whoever said that). He's easily better than Arsenal's other defenders. Might work alongside Holding.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's the passing that Emery loves. Mustafi can be horrific at bringing the ball out and Sokratis is average.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
More like overrated. The guy was in the FIFA World Cup 11 in 2014
Absolute madness how that happened
He's just so bad at defending :annoyed:
International tournaments aren't really the main measure of players IMV, even if they're historically important. Such strange environments. Almost like a different game sometimes. So whether he was featured in the 11 or not, is neither here nor there for me.
But he's kept his first team place at Chelsea after apparently being on his way out. And that by keeping out two promising players, Zouma and Christensen (and of course the ageing Cahill). Don't get me wrong, Rudiger is of course their best defender, but Luiz is a lot more criticised than he is praised. Look at this right here for instance. I say something positive and I get 3 pings top right corner, all telling me I'm wrong :D

Balotelli's Bib

Supports
Arsenal
Would take a ball playing centre half like Luiz on deadline day for 8m no problems, especially with our defensive dilemma.

Can't see Chelsea letting this happen though. This would weaken them, and throw us a massive bone in terms of picking up a cb (on the cheap no less as well).

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
Would take a ball playing centre half like Luiz on deadline day for 8m no problems, especially with our defensive dilemma.

Can't see Chelsea letting this happen though. This would weaken them, and throw us a massive bone in terms of picking up a cb (on the cheap no less as well).
Would not weaken us at all. He was told he would not be first choice and wanted to leave. Rudiger is almost back to, Luiz would have been fourth choice by that point.
No longer have to hold my breath every time he touches the ball. Those David Luiz brain farts will make AFTV a joy to watch.

Robbie Boy

Always said he struck gold making it as a professional footballer. He’s absolutely atrocious and always has been.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Biggest waste of space(and money) ever? What a fraud of a defender this guy was all these years, what on earth teams see in him?

Edit: feck you @Samid , I had this thread open for half an hour now, but lazy to post.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I'm surprised Conte resurrected his career for 16-17 after the debacle of 1-7 vs Germany and the PSG "retirement". Anyway 17-18 was the end of the line.

He's the CB version of Sanchez.
He's done and has been done since 2017 but Arsenal didn't get the memo

AJ10

Was he suppose to be the upgrade? Have they never seen him play?

Amarsdd

I'm surprised Conte resurrected his career for 16-17 after the debacle of 1-7 vs Germany and the PSG "retirement". Anyway 17-18 was the end of the line.

He's the CB version of Sanchez.
He's done and has been done since 2017 but Arsenal didn't get the memo
Conte used 3-4-3 mostly and Luiz is actually good in a back three as he doesn't have to worry himself with "normal" defending. I thought when Arsenal got Luiz, they were going for a 3-4-3 system but it's weird they haven't tried it yet(?).

haram

Conte used 3-4-3 mostly and Luiz is actually good in a back three as he doesn't have to worry himself with "normal" defending. I thought when Arsenal got Luiz, they were going for a 3-4-3 system but it's weird they haven't tried it yet(?).
That would mean they have to play Mustafi?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I don't remember Emery using a 3-4-3 in LaLiga. I could be wrong.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Always been a calamity and a half. I'd feel sorry if he wasn't such a cheating cnut on top of it.
LUIZ is an absolute winner in life.

Hes convinced someone to pay him to play football. Many managers over the years. Just think about that.

Our Lingaard is in the same bracket.

God knows how they've managed it