David Luiz

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
David Luiz is versatile but he's certainly not world-class as a midfielder.

NYC

If you guys noticed that most of these ball playing CBs are prone to errors...

Luiz, Hummels, Stones, etc.

Luiz is still better than anyone on Chelsea and will probably take the armband once JT retires.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Cannot believe for one second hat this was sanctioned by Conte.

Hammerfell

They actually bought him again, after getting a ridiculous fee for him. Madness.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Their organisation has completely gone since Luiz came into the side. In his defence I think Cahill's been a nightmare and he needs a more commanding CB next to him.

I still don't think he's a very good defender though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I still think he's been the least culpable of the entire back four. It's so surprising their attempts on defenders were so dragged out and half-hearted in the transfer window until two scrambled buys on the last day.

Giggs86

He must have had a two year money back guarantee or something in his contract. That's the only reasonable explanation to this.

Varun

Staff
That gif is amazing :lol:

EDIT: Ah, thats in the chelsea performance thread, not here.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And the funny thing is they struggled to sign a new CB because every club wanted David Luiz type money for their CBs.

Fenomeno9

Their organisation has completely gone since Luiz came into the side. In his defence I think Cahill's been a nightmare and he needs a more commanding CB next to him.

Yes, he does. He needs a player next to him that can hide his flaws. Which is one of the reasons he looked fairly competent when he had Thiago Silva next to him.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I think it was @Pogue Mahone who mentioned something like this a few days ago, and I agree with you both. He's detrimental to team cohesion. I think he's really talented but so frustrating.

Minkaro

Did they sign Luiz out of sheer desperation? Watching the highlights from yesterday, Cahill looked abysmal, Ivanovic has gone sharply downhill, and Terry is clearly past his peak now. They've got Zouma to come back, and rumour has it that there's a player called Chalobah there somewhere, but the Luiz signing is starting to look to me like one of "bloody hell, we've got to sign a centreback, any one will do"

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I will still see nonsense about how he's a good defender :lol:

He's so funny to watch. It's like watching a dog chasing a ball around.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He is their only defender that can do anything at all with the ball at his feet. We pressed them to death yesterday and they had no answer. Sideshow Bob has his weaknesses defensively put I don't think he is the problem. Cahill and Ivanovic are much bigger issues.

AshfordLad

SambaBoy

Why did they loan out Christensen again? He had a cracking season in the BL last year and could have probably went into Chelsea's back four with the state it is currently in. Talk about never giving youth a chance.

AshfordLad

Why did they loan out Christensen again? He had a cracking season in the BL last year and could have probably went into Chelsea's back four with the state it is currently in. Talk about never giving youth a chance.
It was a two year loan from the start. Chelsea did try to cut it short this summer but Borussia wouldnt let Chelsea terminate the contract early.

SambaBoy

It was a two year loan from the start. Chelsea did try to cut it short this summer but Borussia wouldnt let Chelsea terminate the contract early.
Ah fair enough. Is he likely to be given a chance next year or sold to a German team?

AshfordLad

Ah fair enough. Is he likely to be given a chance next year or sold to a German team?
He is very likely to be given a chance at Chelsea. The big worry is he might not want to come back to this shit show and Borussia are more than ready to make him their most expensive signing.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He is their only defender that can do anything at all with the ball at his feet. We pressed them to death yesterday and they had no answer. Sideshow Bob has his weaknesses defensively put I don't think he is the problem. Cahill and Ivanovic are much bigger issues.

It is a myth that he is good on the ball. He lacks the skill-set of a ball-playing CB.

He is a very good ball carrier, but he is a horrible passer and has no tactical understanding of the game. His overconfidence just makes him an even bigger liability, because he is losing the ball in horrible positions or he just boots it forward without any accuracy. Most CBs, that are equally limited on the ball, just don´t do this shit and play it save.

AshfordLad

It is a myth that he is good on the ball. He lacks the skill-set of a ball-playing CB.

He is a very good ball carrier, but he is a horrible passer and has no tactical understanding of the game. His overconfidence just makes him an even bigger liability, because he is losing the ball in horrible positions or he just boots it forward without any accuracy. Most CBs, that are equally limited on the ball, just don´t do this shit and play it save.
That statement alone is enough to tell that you have not once seen him play.

flappyjay

Even if they had bought Bailly they would still be leaking goals, it's like people don't notice how bad Cahill is. He is Johnny Evans 14/15 bad, the sooner Zouma comes back the better for Chelsea

Danillaco

Single handedly the worst performance I have ever seen from an individual player. Still hilarious watching it now.
Agreed. The worst performance I've ever seen from a football player, no question.

With the WC here in Brazil we we're pumped for the game (and at the start, I wasn't even fussed about it). Talk about delusion and complete disaster. Ever since this and his cringe worthy interview after I can't look at him as a serious footballer.