David Moyes... First day unemployed

Foxbatt

That is still a nightmare. United has not recovered from his appointment still. Liverpool and City should erect a statue for him. The man who destroyed the great Manchester United.

klayton88

Walks in to Starbucks interview. We aspire to be like Costa. Get out. You won't be hearing from us.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Should have given him more time. Dont bother quoting me I know this is an unpopular opinion and all but in hindsight he needed more time.
Oh I totally agree.
In fact, I think that after securing 7th place for us, he should've been given a contract extension!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The match against Fulham will always stand out to me. Was so utterly ridiculous watching it live.
Before that match started, the commentators were saying that Fulham are bottom of the league (or near the bottom) and that they are the worst team. They stand absolutely no chance of winning and are going to fight so they don't lose by a big margin.
Little did we know that Moyes had other plans. ;)

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Giving this incompetent shithouse the managers job at one of the biggest clubs in world football will go down as one of the stupidest and most inept decisions of all time.

Right up there with the time the Viking warlord “Olaf the Hairy“ ordered a thousand helmets with the horns on the inside *

*Copyright Richard Curtis and Ben Elton.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
As much as Moyes fecked up in 13-14, the board decisions of 14-18 is what truly killed PL Man Utd.

How and when will Man Utd win another PL and/or UCL is beyond me. The fact that City and Liverpool are living a golden age makes it worse. Makes you even appreciate/like Chelski/Arse...almost.

USREDEVIL

Giving this incompetent shithouse the managers job at one of the biggest clubs in world football will go down as one of the stupidest and most inept decisions of all time.

Right up there with the time the Viking warlord “Olaf the Hairy“ ordered a thousand helmets with the horns on the inside *

*Copyright Richard Curtis and Ben Elton.
Nepotism really. I remember that speech by Sir Alex about sticking behind him. I was still in shock he was leaving I didn't even have time to think about whether Moyes would be any good. Didn't have to wait very long to find out though!

Foxbatt

About the Board I entirely agree. Once Moyes fecked it up they should broken the bank to buy a young top class manager. I literally mean paid in excess of 80 million or so. Instead they got LVG and then Jose who were past their times. Woodward is as much responsible for the situation at United as much as Moyes and also SAF.
But to give credit to Fergie said somewhere that he did not expect Moyes not to listen to his advice and never thought he was going to instantly sack the backroom staff.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
About the Board I entirely agree. Once Moyes fecked it up they should broken the bank to buy a young top class manager. I literally mean paid in excess of 80 million or so. Instead they got LVG and then Jose who were past their times. Woodward is as much responsible for the situation at United as much as Moyes and also SAF.
But to give credit to Fergie said somewhere that he did not expect Moyes not to listen to his advice and never thought he was going to instantly sack the backroom staff.
He should have seen it coming though. Moyes like LVG and Mourinho wanted to be their own men. If Moyes had kept Fergie's staff it would just feel like Fergie was still running the show. Now we have OGS who want's to be SAF lite and we'll see how he does. Won't blame him for failing with this squad and this little backing.

Foxbatt

He is at it again. Saying that if he was in charge United would be in the CL for sure. That the players were too attached to SAF and if he had got Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, Mo Salah, KDB and Hazard he would be winning trophies. ( I actually made that up). He said if he had to the players he wanted to sign he would be still in the CL. He thought that he would be given more time even thought he failed to get United into the CL and that he never thought that failing to get into the CL would get him the sack.

Foxbatt

He also said that he was monitoring Harry McGuire when he was at Sheffield United when Moyes was Manager at United.

He also said that Ole will struggle as top managers like Jose, LVG and he, Moyes struggled at United. At least Jose and LVG have won various league titles and even the CL. What has Moyes won to even put his there among those two?

He said that at United they have to win and win in style and play open attractive football. And when United wins, they have to score plenty of goals. United also needs to go back to what SAF did by buying young players like Rooney, Ronaldo etc. The irony of all this is what Moyes bought was dull defensive football that did not even win matches. Then instead of trying to buy young players like Rooney Ronaldo etc, he wanted to buy Bale, Fabregas etc. But he bought only Fellaini.
The man is completely insane or is delusional and lives in an alternate universe.

stevoc

He is at it again. Saying that if he was in charge United would be in the CL for sure. That the players were too attached to SAF and if he had got Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, Mo Salah, KDB and Hazard he would be winning trophies. ( I actually made that up). He said if he had to the players he wanted to sign he would be still in the CL. He thought that he would be given more time even thought he failed to get United into the CL and that he never thought that failing to get into the CL would get him the sack.
Thats rich from a man who has never actually qualified for the Champions League in his entire managerial career, despite managing in the Premier League for over 15 years. He couldn't even achieve it when he was managing the champions and CL qualification looked a tap in.

Foxbatt

I see just the sheer mention of the name Moyes, still winds a lot on the Caf up :lol:
Only when he says he would have been successful at United if he was not sacked. He thinks he is in the same league as Jose and LVG who has won numerous trophies including CL while Moyes has won nothing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Only when he says he would have been successful at United if he was not sacked. He thinks he is in the same league as Jose and LVG who has won numerous trophies including CL while Moyes has won nothing.
Nah he’s completely delusional and in denial, for sure. :lol:

I think I’ve just been some of the fortunate ones who’s managed to let go of the anger and resentment towards him and I just see him as a clown/a good laugh.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
...and that he never thought that failing to get into the CL would get him the sack.
So he didn’t read his contract, then? Maybe if he’d taken a longer holiday before joining then he’d have found the time to look it over.

Based Adnan

Should have sacked him the moment he decided to bin Fergies backroom staff of champions for some Everton nobodies

Maverick red

What the hell was the thinking behind giving a six year deal? Six years! Anyway as for moyes he could have kept the coaching staff as ferguson suggested and probably coasted along for a couple seasons, top 4, league cup, untill a real big manager came available. Maybe...

stevoc

So he didn’t read his contract, then? Maybe if he’d taken a longer holiday before joining then he’d have found the time to look it over.
He probably did read it but he's just a stupid cnut so might not have understood it.

So when the contract said:

''must finish in the top 4 and qualify for the Champions League or have contract terminated.''

He might have interpreted it as:

''Finish wherever you like mate it doesn't matter. Even if you drop the champions down the table like a stone and finish 7th, resulting in Man Utd not even qualifying for European competition for the 1st time in 30 years, getting beaten handily by any decent team we play and only managing 2 flukey home wins vs the entire top 10 of the table all season. And playing dogshit football doing it and boring the shit out of everyone. That will all be fine of course we won't sack you, no, no we will give you £300m to spend on more Fellaini type players and all the time you need.''

David ''if i'd known i was going to be sacked after 12 months i would have did things differently'' Moyes.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

While i don't know the exact circumstances in United's case i have to firmly disagree with the analogy players don't decline overnight. 95% of our double winning squad under Ancelotti did exactly that the following season.
You finished second