David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Hopefully that's the last game they win this season. It would be great to see him and them go down.

Josh 76

Reading in this morning papers that David Moyes is keen to take Jones and Lingard.

He will become a Utd legend if he pulls this off. :)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Praying for West Ham to stay up so they buy Lingard and Jones

Fitchett

Reading in this morning papers that David Moyes is keen to take Jones and Lingard.

He will become a Utd legend if he pulls this off. :)
Typical of him to buy players he has had before. Like he only wanted to sign Fellaini and Baines when he first came to OT, even though we had other better quality signings already lined up, which he then rejected.

The Purley King

Typical of him to buy players he has had before. Like he only wanted to sign Fellaini and Baines when he first came to OT, even though we had other better quality signings already lined up, which he then rejected.
Really does show his complete lack of imagination as a manager. Cannot look beyond his old teams for new players.
With that said, if he poaches Jones & Lingard and pays decent money for them, he'll instantly move up a couple of notches in my book. Position now notch #2.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because Bournemouth and Villa are so damn poor, I genuinely think West Ham will stay up on the points they already have on the board.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If there was ever someone that needed a PR guy, it's Moyes
We all know football is cliche mad, but i genuinely think on day 1 of "being a manager", they're all told to keep it as simple as possible, and remember the vast majority of footy fans are thick as sh!t

InfiniteBoredom

Because Bournemouth and Villa are so damn poor, I genuinely think West Ham will stay up on the points they already have on the board.
They will stay up, play Norwich who’s basically already relegated next, a win will basically see them home and dry. Can’t see either of Bmouth/Villa getting 7 points from 4 game.

Will be interesting to see if he gets to keep his job through next season. I think West Ham won’t sack him over the break as it’s too little time to do transfers but they always tried to be a glitz and glam side and the Moyesiah ain’t that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They will stay up, play Norwich who’s basically already relegated next, a win will basically see them home and dry. Can’t see either of Bmouth/Villa getting 7 points from 4 game.

Will be interesting to see if he gets to keep his job through next season. I think West Ham won’t sack him over the break as it’s too little time to do transfers but they always tried to be a glitz and glam side and the Moyesiah ain’t that.
It's mindblowing teams keep employing Moyes. What other industry can you so constantly fail and still keep getting plum jobs?

It's like all sense goes out the window, and chairman think, it'll be different with us.

Like with Jose recently. His highs are getting much lower, and the meltdowns are coming earlier.

InfiniteBoredom

It's mindblowing teams keep employing Moyes. What other industry can you so constantly fail and still keep getting plum jobs?

It's like all sense goes out the window, and chairman think, it'll be different with us.

Like with Jose recently. His highs are getting much lower, and the meltdowns are coming earlier.
Tbf he’s managed to keep them up twice now, even though it was done in his inevitably dour, uninspiring fashion.

It’s the fancier managers who got these teams with delusion of grandeur in the shit. Moyes will bore you to tears but more often than not he’ll scrape just enough point to avoid the drop.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Tbf he’s managed to keep them up twice now, even though it was done in his inevitably dour, uninspiring fashion.

It’s the fancier managers who got these teams with delusion of grandeur in the shit. Moyes will bore you to tears but more often than not he’ll scrape just enough point to avoid the drop.
I don't think teams wanting to better themselves is delusions of grandeur.

If it backfires it backfires but if works (Poch at Southampton) the reward is above anything you'll get from a Moyes.

InfiniteBoredom

I don't think teams wanting to better themselves is delusions of grandeur.

If it backfires it backfires but if works (Poch at Southampton) the reward is above anything you'll get from a Moyes.
It refers not to getting an attacking coach and try to implement a progressive play style, but rather teams like West Ham constantly getting in big name managers, splash a bunch of cash buying loads of players hoping it’ll work out before hovering around relegation at Christmas and panic hire the likes of Moyes or Big Sam for a quick fix. Another example is QPR when they got Park and Rio from us and ended up relegated.

Withnail

CM

Last time he did alright with Arnautovic I think, but this time he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. 3 wins from 15 in the league since he was appointed, if West Ham stay up it will literally be by virtue of Villa and Bournemouth being useless.

I imagine he'll get the summer window to make the signings he wants this time but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him gone 2-3 months into next season.

David “I win” Moyes.

reminds me of the Paul Ince “shoot” gif. Both appalling managers.

you wonder sometimes whether you even need a manager when this is the level of insight. Would they just be better off, throwing 11 players on the pitch and just cracking on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The way He said it, you would think They had people who didn't know how to play football but managed to get themselves a job at a football club.
Job title : Centre Back
Experience : Navigating through IKEA

Last edited:

hmchan

Last time he did alright with Arnautovic I think, but this time he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. 3 wins from 15 in the league since he was appointed, if West Ham stay up it will literally be by virtue of Villa and Bournemouth being useless.

I imagine he'll get the summer window to make the signings he wants this time but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him gone 2-3 months into next season.
The introductions of Soucek and Bowen were fine moves. Instant impact and huge upgrade to the team. I too wouldn't be surprised to see Moyes gone soon though as the board loves technical, possession football so bad that they've made the same mistake again and again over the past few years.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
David “I win” Moyes.

reminds me of the Paul Ince “shoot” gif. Both appalling managers.

you wonder sometimes whether you even need a manager when this is the level of insight. Would they just be better off, throwing 11 players on the pitch and just cracking on.
The 'shoot' gif from Paul Ince I don't actually think is that bad, if you take it completely at face value sure, but if you dig a little deeper it's not.

It could be something along the lines of, the players were taking too many touches in the box, over complicating things, and he's literally just saying... work the keeper, whenever you get it in the box, take a shoot, register more shots on target.

I think obviously if you just see the gif and it right there on the paper, there's no context, and its very easy to dismiss it.

AshRK

Every time I see him or hear anything about him I always wonder how did he get to manage Manchester United. I mean what was SAF thinking. It wasn't like he knew about the club ethos. He had hardly won anything as a manager. I sometimes wonder even a Ole back then would have done better. Moyes was like sean dyche now, a good.manager for a mid table club.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Every time I see him or hear anything about him I always wonder how did he get to manage Manchester United. I mean what was SAF thinking. It wasn't like he knew about the club ethos. He had hardly won anything as a manager. I sometimes wonder even a Ole back then would have done better. Moyes was like sean dyche now, a good.manager for a mid table club.
Nepotism.

Paul_Scholes18

Doing a great job to save them. Took over in a really bad situation, but has worked his magic.
I fear for him destroying our CL hope.