David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cant understand the hate here. They are one point above the drop zone. Surely, too risky to try any hipster option now. That narrow downs the list to the old tried and tested managers.

Hodgson or Rafa would have been perfect but the club is looking for a short term fix now . Moyes is okay for a short term tenure, knows the club etc. He will keep them safe.

Paul_Scholes18

Lets not forget we still finished 7th that season. Did feck all in the cups, beat no top sides in the league. In fact we only won 2-3 games out of 18 against the entire top 10 in the league. And didn't qualify for europe for the first time in i think almost 40 years.

So lets wait until the end of this year shall we to see who's record is better or worse after a full season.
Yeah it was a season with some terrible results just like this season. Of course getting wins against the big sides is more fun than beating Bournemouth and Aston Villa, but the points are still the same.
Other big teams around us is struggling too so we might even be able to get top 4 by getting less points than Moyes got if Chelsea struggles in the future. If we beat Chelsea again then that would help a lot too.
You can argue that the league is harder now with stronger teams near the bottom, but we have also spent crazy amounts of money recently too with the highest or second highest wage bill in the league .

stevoc

Yeah it was a season with some terrible results just like this season. Of course getting wins against the big sides is more fun than beating Bournemouth and Aston Villa, but the points are still the same.
Other big teams around us is struggling too so we might even be able to get top 4 by getting less points than Moyes got if Chelsea struggles in the future. If we beat Chelsea again then that would help a lot too.
You can argue that the league is harder now with stronger teams near the bottom, but we have also spent crazy amounts of money recently too with the highest or second highest wage bill in the league .
The point was mate we're only half way through this season. So they can't really be compared until after this ones over.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Cant understand the hate here. They are one point above the drop zone. Surely, too risky to try any hipster option now. That narrow downs the list to the old tried and tested managers.

Hodgson or Rafa would have been perfect but the club is looking for a short term fix now . Moyes is okay for a short term tenure, knows the club etc. He will keep them safe.

Is it a surity though?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We can't escape the ghost of Moyes can we.
We made a dreadful mistake, and him merely being around in the same division is just another reminder.

He did ok at West Ham, keeping them up easily. But they should never have been that low.
He's failed everywhere he's been since Everton, and West Ham didn't want to keep him on last time.

So what's changed? And why on earth do they think he's in any shape or form the right man?! Baffling stuff.

Paul_Scholes18

The point was mate we're only half way through this season. So they can't really be compared until after this ones over.
True it is a long way to go. Just at this stage of the season we are at a slightly worse position than then. Since we failed with everything then it can't really get much worse realistically.

Paul_Scholes18

We can't escape the ghost of Moyes can we.
We made a dreadful mistake, and him merely being around in the same division is just another reminder.

He did ok at West Ham, keeping them up easily. But they should never have been that low.
He's failed everywhere he's been since Everton, and West Ham didn't want to keep him on last time.

So what's changed? And why on earth do they think he's in any shape or form the right man?! Baffling stuff.
He did alright for them last time though. Failed with Sunderland big time though and in Spain.
They just need to replace him better this time around.
I would not give Moyes more time than this season though for them.

stevoc

True it is a long way to go. Just at this stage of the season we are at a slightly worse position than then. Since we failed with everything then it can't really get much worse realistically.
Well yeah perhaps but then that was a championship wining side with bags of experience and talent. So it's hardly surprising they were better at racking up points against the lower teams in the league.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I will go against the grain and say I think he will do ok. Its like Steve Bruce. Everyone up in arms but they are capable of putting together a well drilled team and they have enough good players to avoid relegation. If they think they will be top ten or chasing fourth then no chance but he should do enough to avoid relegation.
Fully agree, people seem to have gone well too far the other way with the Moyes/Bruce's of this world.

While they're not going to get the juices flowing and the games evolved to the point they can't really do long term stints at clubs now they will still be seen as solid options for clubs who need to play it safe for a while and return to a more even keel.

Paul_Scholes18

Well yeah perhaps but then that was a championship wining side with bags of experience and talent. So it's hardly surprising they were better at racking up points against the lower teams in the league.
Don't think it is our lack of experience that is the big problem now. More the lack of attacking patterns and a style to break teams down.
James might be the guy that suffers from not having played at this level much and Greenwood too, but the rest have experience in the league.

I am not sure Moyes listened enough to use the experience. Rio and Vidic played terrible for him (age probably since they never reached high levels again) and who knows if the playing like Jagielka statements are true. Carrick had his worst season for us under him too. Giggs did alright I think considering his age. Persie was not great apart from the odd games. Rooney was very mixed, but you could see the decline and yet he gave him a new contract. Evra was not great with his defending and he did continue to do well after he left us so it was not all down to age with him.

Paul_Scholes18

He won against Olympiakos didn't he. One of the greatest comebacks in Champion's League history :drool:

Man's a born winner.
He won a title with us! Legend! Hardest title win ever to get that Community shield ;).
He should mention it.

MrBrightside1989

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win."

There's a statement! Is his record that good?
I assume he means current premier league managers... without looking it up I would assume currently Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho and Rodgers would all have better win records in their careers.

Paul_Scholes18

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win."

I assume he means current premier league managers... without looking it up I would assume currently Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho and Rodgers would all have better win records in their careers.
Nuno might be close, but they draw games a lot. Lampard should be above him too.
So I guess 5 or 6 would be more accurate.

Hephaestus

In terms of total wins, he's 4th behind Redknapp, Wenger and Fergie. So amongst current managers he'd be 1st.

United Hobbit

He won against Olympiakos didn't he. One of the greatest comebacks in Champion's League history :drool:

Man's a born winner.

You can just see a win against us incoming as he will make them all defensive, send in 80 crosses one of which De Gea will flap at before one of our players scores an own goal cue him recreating THAT Fulham celebration

Those saying he will go for Fellaini I think he would be very useful to him there

Foxbatt

In terms of total wins, he's 4th behind Redknapp, Wenger and Fergie. So amongst current managers he'd be 1st.
Its obvious as he been around the longest now. Man is as delusional as ever saying winning is what I do. What has he ever won that is of any note? Yes the Charity Shield but that was before he actually started "coaching United".

Paul_Scholes18

You can just see a win against us incoming as he will make them all defensive, send in 80 crosses one of which De Gea will flap at before one of our players scores an own goal cue him recreating THAT Fulham celebration

Those saying he will go for Fellaini I think he would be very useful to him there
This sounds like a funny nightmare. I think we will not play them for a long time right?

Foxbatt

Fellaini is useful anywhere when things do not go according to plan. Lump it up to him and there is panic in the opposing box. Look at our match against Juventus. They were so scared of him they scored an own goal. Lindelof is going to shat in his shorts if he has to play against Fellaini in the box.

Lynty

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's either incredibly funny or he has no self awareness. He's a walking meme at this point.

RIP West Ham

"I come to your team and f*** shit up, I'm David Moyes." - Stormzy, 2015

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
For someone who has no reason to be cocky he sure has reached new levels of it:

He added: "It says an awful lot about the owners that they think the job I did with my backroom staff [was good enough] to give me another chance. This time, I'm going to give them no chance but to extend me.

"There is a clause in my contract to extend the deal. I'm going to make it impossible that that clause can't be activated. It's up to the players to make sure of that now."

redshaw

What they did is make the parameter out of 500 and 300 games. There's not many who have managed that many games.

clarkydaz

For someone who has no reason to be cocky he sure has reached new levels of it:

He added: "It says an awful lot about the owners that they think the job I did with my backroom staff [was good enough] to give me another chance. This time, I'm going to give them no chance but to extend me.

"There is a clause in my contract to extend the deal. I'm going to make it impossible that that clause can't be activated. It's up to the players to make sure of that now."
ooh david! :eek:

hobbers

Yes, I'm sure the players will absolutely move mountains to keep you on there David.... :lol: