David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

The Firestarter

With the new China salary cap being implemented into the Chinese Super League I think its inevitable we'll see Fellaini back in Europe with the PL the likelier destination.

Should be a interesting scuffle between West Ham and Spurs fighting for his signature. :D
Fella to Ham , Matic to Spurs. Battle of the giants.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
“It feels great to be home” after being their for 8 months!
Returning to Everton will probably feel like going back into has dad’s ball bags

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
With the new China salary cap being implemented into the Chinese Super League I think its inevitable we'll see Fellaini back in Europe with the PL the likelier destination.

Should be a interesting scuffle between West Ham and Spurs fighting for his signature. :D
I think the cap is only for new contracts... So he has another year of picking up £365k a week
I can't see him going anywhere till he's milked that particular cash cow dry

Foxbatt

I think the cap is only for new contracts... So he has another year of picking up £365k a week
I can't see him going anywhere till he's milked that particular cash cow dry

You are right. Why should leave all that money and come back to a club that may have to fight a relegation battle. It is not as if he is going to win anymore trophies in England or Europe.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
One would think that if Moyes doesn't do well there that he basically retires himself at this pt, no? At some pt you probably quit while folks can still remember your Everton days. Guess he can become a FT pundit. Would make for some exciting TV :rolleyes:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Foxbatt

One would think that if Moyes doesn't do well there that he basically retires himself at this pt, no? At some pt you probably quit while folks can still remember your Everton days. Guess he can become a FT pundit. Would make for some exciting TV :rolleyes:
Please do not spoil the New Year.

redshaw

Everton probably feels like a previous life after stints at United, Sunderland and Sociedad. West Ham is the only place he's done a relatively good job that people are thankful for. If he gets West Ham away from the drop zone to midtable again he will be very welcome there, it's a comfy home from home gig he's done before and confident of doing again.

I just wonder what's going on in the North East right now. He lost 28 games.

SirMattlives

I'm watching this appointment with interest. I think Moyes is a bit of a mystery -- easy to ridicule but a bit more capable than imagined currently. It's definitely an odd appointment by WHU but if they really give him 18 months, with a possible extension, we will get to see if Moyes actually can do it any more. His ending at Everton seems bad but people forget the high esteem in which he was held by the wider football world for his work there in the decade before. At United we think he totally appeared out of his depth and he's not exactly set the world on fire since then. In fairness to his Sunderland time, that club was a mess and he realized it enough to leave of his own accord. Now we get a chance to see if he can deliver when given time and a club he has some understanding of in advance. I wish him well.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm watching this appointment with interest. I think Moyes is a bit of a mystery -- easy to ridicule but a bit more capable than imagined currently. It's definitely an odd appointment by WHU but if they really give him 18 months, with a possible extension, we will get to see if Moyes actually can do it any more. His ending at Everton seems bad but people forget the high esteem in which he was held by the wider football world for his work there in the decade before. At United we think he totally appeared out of his depth and he's not exactly set the world on fire since then. In fairness to his Sunderland time, that club was a mess and he realized it enough not to leave of his own accord. Now we get a chance to see if he can deliver when given time and a club he has some understanding of in advance. I wish him well.
Get outta here with your rational and sensical post. Moyesy baaaaaaad. Fall in line with the rest of the Caf, mate. :wenger:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nostradamus on fire.

"This time West Ham will keep me"

"All I do is win"

"It feels great to be home. I loved being in this part of the world"

fps

Yeah he did terribly for us. Particular in the league games against City and Pool at home.
Still I think our current squad might work better for a counter attacking defensive style. We got a great midfield for it and lots of pace up front. Although our depth is far worse.
Moyes didn't have a clue in the big games and his record might have improved with our current squad which would have naturally been better to stop other teams and hurt them on the break.
Although our record against the weak side would probably have been worse without Rooney, Persie, Carrick, Valencia, Giggs, Nani etc.

Only getting Fellaini for our midfield was a big problem. He was not the solution and a terrible partner to Carrick.
No one wanted to play for him either, I can’t imagine the damage in terms of not getting any deals in the pipeline for summer 2015

Foxbatt

There is an article about him on the Guardian. Hilarious one.

" a man who neither improves teams nor greatly degrades them but will simply be there, right until he isn’t. He won’t take you in the wrong direction, because he doesn’t take you in any direction."

bonothom

Tell that to Sunderland fans! :lol:

Edit: Oh and us. Forgot about us.
This guy really is deluded. Winning is what I do. He has a less than 30% win percentage in his first spell, took Sunderland down and not forgetting taking Utd from Champions to 7th in 10 months.

Paul_Scholes18

What are the odds for a Moyes title win next season? Must be above Leicester odds which I think was 5000 times your money.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Nostradamus on fire.

"This time West Ham will keep me"

"All I do is win"

"It feels great to be home. I loved being in this part of the world"
Did he talk so much nonsense when he was with us? Can’t remember but he comes across as if being slightly drunk.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Did he talk so much nonsense when he was with us? Can’t remember but he comes across as if being slightly drunk.
I remember him sounding very insecure; talking about “trying” to do things, and “hopefully” this or that would happen. I clearly remember being excited sitting-down to watch his first press conference when he finally got off his holiday and started the job, and then trying to ignore the growing signs of doom during that press conference that this was completely the wrong guy for the job of succeeding Sir Alex.

I don’t know if his performance in this West Ham press conference is a sign of him learning from the United experience and trying to sound more confident but I hope it is, otherwise he must be genuinely deluded enough to believe what he’s saying :lol:

Maniwalde

Still shaking my head. How come Everton got Ancelotti, but West Ham went for Moyes??? You'd think with the new stadium they would aspire to become bigger and better club, but this appointment in completely void of any ambition.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’m still shaking my head at this. I know they can come back in this game and they might score, but down already and it’s clearly not going to work. His last three jobs have all been embarrassing. Why do dinosaurs keep getting hired?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Still shaking my head. How come Everton got Ancelotti, but West Ham went for Moyes??? You'd think with the new stadium they would aspire to become bigger and better club, but this appointment in completely void of any ambition.
I wonder if he will go before Alan Sugar, Brady and Claude Baldbloke and convince them that he’s the right man, a winner.

Paul_Scholes18

Big test for Moyes in the following games. Sheffield and Everton next. Games they need to get points in, but also tricky games.
After that Leicester and Liverpool which should be too hard for them, but they might get a point in one of them.