David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Paul_Scholes18

This must be a media joke right? Just like Mourinho getting Matic.

Funny thing is that Fellaini was pretty crap for us under Moyes. Although played very well under LVG as a starter and a good backup plan for Mourinho late in games.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I fully admit, that I can’t forget what Moyes did at United. It was his brainless decision to cut staff and bring in his own crew that did away with any hopes of some progression and continuity. It was amazingly arrogant and it seems like he hasn’t changed.

Saying things like “thats what I do, I win”, when he hasn’t won anything of note in his entire career is jaw-droppingly arrogant. It just shows you how much ego and money is in today’s game when people like Moyes and Pardew can have such a high opinion of themselves after such average careers.

The days of keeping players fit and working hard and having limited coaches run cross country with players is long gone. I have no doubt this will all go wrong in another 6 months when players get sick of him.

More millions in his pocket because he brought consistency to Everton in an average Premier League a decade ago. It’s absolutely amazing!

::sonny::

Funny thing is that Fellaini was pretty crap for us under Moyes. Although played very well under LVG as a starter and a good backup plan for Mourinho late in games.
He saved United from losing or drawing a game at least 60-70 times

God bless Marouane

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Hope he gets the time he deserves at West Ham.

David Moyes: West Ham manager aiming to build 'something special'

"Time in football management is not something we get anymore," said Moyes.

"I hope the owners will see I have a vision of where I want it to go and how I want to transform West Ham."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51153732

Amerifan

True. Moyes didn’t play him to his strengths the way LVG and especially Mourinho did. I wasn’t convinced Moyes even wanted him. I maintained he took him because the window was closing and he was all the club could get. But if this rumor is true I got that wrong.

Paul_Scholes18

True. Moyes didn’t play him to his strengths the way LVG and especially Mourinho did. I wasn’t convinced Moyes even wanted him. I maintained he took him because the window was closing and he was all the club could get. But if this rumor is true I got that wrong.
Yeah he aimed for Fabregas and Bale it seems. Then ended up with emergency solution in Fellaini. Not sure he had an idea what he wanted to get.
I think a winger and central midfielder was probably what was most needed at the time. Replacing Rooney would have made sense too, but it would have been hard in the market.

DavidDeSchmikes

Hope he gets the time he deserves at West Ham.

David Moyes: West Ham manager aiming to build 'something special'

"Time in football management is not something we get anymore," said Moyes.

"I hope the owners will see I have a vision of where I want it to go and how I want to transform West Ham."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51153732
Surprised Moyes didn't say "Time in football management is not something we get anymore......like the pitiful amount of time I got at Old Trafford,"

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Aaaand they're dumped out the FA Cup by West Brom - at home.

Sat on equal points with team in 19th...

Results since he took over -

West Ham 4 - Bournemouth - 0 (two days after he took over...)

Gillingham 0 - West Ham 2

Sheffield United 1 - West Ham 0

West Ham 1 - Everton 1

Leicester 4 - West Ham 0

West Ham 0 - West Brom 1

This is the man that Roy Keane, this week, was passionately shouting United should've given more time to...

West Ham should've stuck with Pellegrini and backed him in January.

passing-wind

West Ham 1 - Everton 1

Leicester 4 - West Ham 0

West Ham 0 - West Brom 1

This is the man that Roy Keane, this week, was passionately shouting United should've given more time to...

It's just embarrassing most of what Keane says nowadays is idiotic. Quality club captain, offers nothing else useful as a pundit.

Paul_Scholes18

West Ham 1 - Everton 1

Leicester 4 - West Ham 0

West Ham 0 - West Brom 1

Not great results, but some bad luck against Sheffield.
If he can average 1 point per game in the league that will probably keep them up.

Although I personally think it will get worse. Next 4 is against Liverpool twice and City away.
Thus unless they beat Brighton at home they will be in the relegation zone after that as I can't see them get much from the big guns.
Most of the easy games is near the end and I am sure Moyes will struggle to get the wins when the pressure is on.
They have injuries and a poor squad already so not expecting much from them.

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
Jockney wanker
FIFY.

No need of getting race into this, Wanker no doubt.

For whatit's worth, There are some managers like Moyes , Allardyce who are dinosaurs in today's game. When you see the likes of them getting jobs just on the basis of their performances etc , it's a crying shame.

Bojan11

West Ham 1 - Everton 1

Leicester 4 - West Ham 0

West Ham 0 - West Brom 1

Nah, Pellegrinni had to go. He didn’t have a clue and West Ham were one of the worst teams in the league in terms of fitness. Which was the same when he was in charge of City.

Moyes doesn’t have Arnautovic to bail him out this time. They need a striker or hope that Haller starts scoring soon.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nah, Pellegrinni had to go. He didn’t have a clue and West Ham were one of the worst teams in the league in terms of fitness. Which was the same when he was in charge of City.

Moyes doesn’t have Arnautovic to bail him out this time. They need a striker or hope that Haller starts scoring soon.
Yeah fair enough, I just woulda fancied Pellegrini as more likely to turn it around than Moyes - especially if they'd backed him - even with just a loan or two in the window. Could've refreshed the team a bit.

But regarding Haller, he started the season off well enough didn't he, but can't score recently, has something like 2 in his last 10 PL games, just not good enough - and with Liverpool up next... where he's basically guaranteed to blank.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
West Ham going down with Moyes at the helm would be fine by me. Championship might do them some good. Would clear out the mercenaries since they keep on accumulating them instead of doing it themselves.

DavidDeSchmikes

Next 7 games for West Ham, Brighton(h), City(a), Liverpool(a), Southampton(h), Arsenal(a), Wolves (h), Tottenham (a)
plus
BBC said:
West Ham United say staying in the Premier League is "an absolute necessity" after posting financial losses of £27.26m.

Despite spending more than £130m on transfers, and £214.4m in the last four years, they are only above the Premier League drop zone on goal difference.

The accounts, for the year to 31 May 2019, show the backing the club gave to former manager Manuel Pellegrini.

He was sacked in December and was replaced by David Moyes.

"Retention of our status in 2019-20 season is an absolute necessity for the future wellbeing of the club," said West Ham, in their accounts.

The club say there will be "serious financial consequences" should they be relegated into the Championship.

Ironically, these statements, along with an expansive note from joint owner David Sullivan, were written in October, when the club was pushing for a place in the top four.

Financial rules mean they cannot be changed despite West Ham's sharp downturn in fortunes.

The club's turnover rose 8.75% to £190.7m. Wages rose almost 28% to £135.8m after a spending spree that saw the Hammers sign Issa Diop, Lucasz Fabianski, Jack Wilshere, Andriy Yarmolenko and Felipe Anderson amongst others.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51277627

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time.”

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Moyes is a joker with nothing relevant on his CV for a good 7-8 years now. I hope this finally finishes him off as a manager, because his arrogance knows no bounds.

If he had been humble about his time at United, he could have learned and moved forward but his ego and lack of responsibility has condemned him.

Am sure his bank account helps, but his CV is very poor now if he takes them down. The money he has made out of the game for his ability is frightening.

Bojan11

They fecked thankfully.

4 of their next 6 games are away to City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Home games are Wolves and Southampton.

FireballXL5

He should be feeling right at home now, into the bottom three before the end of February.

Mihai

They fecked thankfully.

4 of their next 6 games are away to City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Home games are Wolves and Southampton.
How many points can they realistically get? Uno, dos, tres?

MileStolar

How did he manage to make Everton what they were back then? He seemed like a good manager before United, did he simply wane with time like Mourinho did? Truly baffling how his career took a nosedive. That tends to happen to players but it's kind of weird to happen to coaches because there's no physical decline aspect to it.

How many points can they realistically get? Uno, dos, tres?
Hahaha nice reference you got there, seriously cringeworthy moment that.

RedFan84

Supports
Liverpool
How did he manage to make Everton what they were back then? He seemed like a good manager before United, did he simply wane with time like Mourinho did? Truly baffling how his career took a nosedive. That tends to happen to players but it's kind of weird to happen to coaches because there's no physical decline aspect to it.

Hahaha nice reference you got there, seriously cringeworthy moment that.
The Manchester United job was too big for him and broke him and his confidence. His job at Everton basically meant he needed to finish 8th more often than not and that one season of qualifying for the CL is being touted as some sort of major accomplishment.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Since coming back to West Ham, he's only won his first two games. And they were against a crappy Bournemouth and League One Gillingham in the FA Cup. Since then 2 pts from 18 and a dumping from the FA Cup.

I don't understand why this guy still believes he's an elite manager...and how he keeps getting gigs? Imagine the scenes at West Ham after having to change their manager again this season. Cause he's surely going to take them down.

Varun

Staff
Since coming back to West Ham, he's only won his first two games. And they were against a crappy Bournemouth and League One Gillingham in the FA Cup. Since then 2 pts from 18 and a dumping from the FA Cup.

I don't understand why this guy still believes he's an elite manager...and how he keeps getting gigs? Imagine the scenes at West Ham after having to change their manager again this season. Cause he's surely going to take them down.
If you appoint Moyes your manager TWICE, you deserve everything you get really.