David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

NM

Our owners have overseen one of our most successful periods the club has ever had, I'm not sure how you have confused that with the dildo brothers?
Our owners had Sir Alex. The moment he left the club has gone to shit. Ownership isn't just about spending money, it's about vision, appointing the right people and long term success.

Our owners aren't capable of this. Look at their ownership of the Tampa Bay Buccanneers if you want to know their modus operandi.

That being said, the west ham owners are a joke. Bad managers, no transfers.. It has the potential to be a big club.

I dislike Moyes but he can't win there

Foxbatt

Did he talk about his managing manchester united during his pre match press conference today?

Foxbatt

Obviously need Toni Kroos to reinforce their midfield.
And I think Fabregas may want to stay at Monaco but Bale is still available at Real. He can always get Fellaini back from China of course.

meamth

tested positive for covid19.

57 years old, hopefully he gets the best treatment possible.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Moyes needs to be furloughed and WFH for next 6 months. :lol: Looks a release for West Ham players that he's not on the touchline shouting at them.

Moyes needs to be furloughed and WFH for next 6 months. :lol: Looks a release for West Ham players that he's not on the touchline shouting at them.
deffo.

he can name rename himself David “I win, whilst being furloughed” Moyes.

would love it if they go on a losing streak as soon as he’s back.

Foxbatt

He is talking about United again. How he wanted to buy Bale and kept a helicopter ready to fly him in to Manchester. What is this fetish with helicopters and Moyes? Didn't he fly in Mata in a helicopter too?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's actually looking good with West Ham. After a terrible opening quarter they actually looked decent against Spurs.

Sylar

He's actually looking good with West Ham. After a terrible opening quarter they actually looked decent against Spurs.
I actually think he took a player off at 3-0 as game was over and then suddenly it became 3-2 :lol:

izec

Should have been given more time. Moyesiah is back, that is why we hired him in the first place.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The amount of stick Moyes gets is pretty weird.

He has had a very successful career overall. Good enough for us? Probably not - but what a poisoned chalice that was at the end of the day.

His job with West Ham (both stints) and Everton is very impressive.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

He has had a very successful career overall. Good enough for us? Probably not - but what a poisoned chalice that was at the end of the day.

Yeah he's very good at his level but i can understand why United fans don't like him, he still to this day makes excuses for his United failure when the cold reality was it was simply too high a level for him (although it was obvious that would be the case, as an opposition supporter i couldn't believe our luck when United got him).

hmchan

Yeah he's very good at his level but i can understand why United fans don't like him, he still to this day makes excuses for his United failure when the cold reality was it was simply too high a level for him (although it was obvious that would be the case, as an opposition supporter i couldn't believe our luck when United got him).
I can also understand why United fans don't like Moyes. But that doesn't mean we have to hold a grudge against him and try to mock him as soon as given the chance. It has been almost 7 years ffs and people still refuse to give him a fair assessment.

Raredaredevil

Would the fans have been more forgiving and sympathetic to him if he didn't publicly criticized the club after his exit? It's not like he is the only one. Every manager has left on bad terms. He was just unlucky that he was the first manager to replace SAF, and by large the worst out of the 3. Jose criticized the club and even Louis Van Gaal after a year and a half, I think most had a soft spot for Louis Van Gaal as he was very quiet, at least for a while. I remember there was a lot of sympathy shown to Moyes after he was sacked. The ex-players, pundits, some fans were even defending him, saying he shouldn't have been treated so badly. He is actually a good human being. Took a 30% paycut from West Ham during the pandemic to ensure the non-playing staff are paid 100% and delivered food to the needy in his hometown.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Chipper

Adulterer.
Can't say that personally bothers me, but then I'm not every United fan.I'd say a player or manager admitting they weren't good enough for one of their previous jobs is a player or manager who should be retired, it shows a certain lack of self belief and general fight to me. It's the kind of thing I only expect to hear from people looking back on their career rather than still trying to have one.

Suppose the middle option would be to say nothing either way, no excuses and no talking down your ability at the same time but still it doesn't bother me that he does. I think it's only natural for a human being to protect their ego like that, especially when they still have ambitions to carry on.

stevoc

Probably?

:lol:

stevoc

Can't say that personally bothers me, but then I'm not every United fan.I'd say a player or manager admitting they weren't good enough for one of their previous jobs is a player or manager who should be retired, it shows a certain lack of self belief and general fight to me. It's the kind of thing I only expect to hear from people looking back on their career rather than still trying to have one.

Suppose the middle option would be to say nothing either way, no excuses and no talking down your ability at the same time but still it doesn't bother me that he does. I think it's only natural for a human being to protect their ego like that, especially when they still have ambitions to carry on.
To me it shows a weakness of character, someone who can't admit they were wrong or failed will never learn from their mistakes and improve.

Unless he's a complete moron in denial then he almost certainly knows that at United he failed miserably and he should also know it was mostly his own fault. But he's obviously too proud and not secure enough in his own ability to admit it.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative

Moyes was also quiet about his United debacle for a long time I think. Almost everyone who made the decision to hire leaving him out to dry and SAF coming out and saying that he was the sixth choice, probably forced him to come out and defend himself. Surely, one wouldn't give a 6 year contract to their sixth choice candidate, when the usual contract length for mangers is 3 years.

Chipper

Adulterer.
To me it shows a weakness of character, someone who can't admit they were wrong or failed will never learn from their mistakes and improve.

Unless he's a complete moron in denial then he almost certainly knows that at United he failed miserably and he should also know it was mostly his own fault. But he's obviously too proud and not secure enough in his own ability to admit it.
Perhaps he admits it to himself privately? Then again perhaps not. I see what you're saying about leaning and growing. When it comes down to it we're all different, motivated by different approaches.

If I was a player I'd like my manager to be extremely sure of himself rather than humble. I like confident/arrogant buggers who show no vulnerability. It can be extremely toxic if their opinion of themselves is clearly undeserved but the times it's matched with ability I think you get the best results. Don't want to hear you talk about your own shortcomings, past or present or it would make me doubt you, I want you to think you're the best and spend your time telling me that I'm the best too. We can self-delude ourselves together all the way to greatness.

That last part really wasn't Moyes was it, with his aspiring to be like City and play like Jagielka comments? :lol:

Suppose if we were both players a great manager might see that we react differently to different apporaches so would speak differenty to us/around us.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Suppose the issue is bar the brief stint in Spain, he's been managing regularly in the prem since his sacking so more in your face than likes of Vilas Boas who was Moyes lite at Chelsea. Doubt people on the Chelsea forums even care anytime Marseille lose a game.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I disliked him more than any other manager since SAF. For all their arrogance, delusion and failures LvG and Jose at least have an impressive CV to back up their arrogance.
Then people can say whatever they want about Ole, but he won everything at United as a player, then only got the caretaker manager job, then was made permanent afterwards.
Moyes however absolutely won the lottery because he had neither an impressive CV, nor an inspiring personality, nor a progressive playing style, nor previous history with the club to get such a job.
Not his mistake obviously, he got lucky. But then he behaved like he had a God given right to manage United, came up with one disastrous quote after another, kept criticising serial winners in the squad and until today seems to think he should have gotten more time.
He was so out of his depth, but he didn’t even try to balance it out with man management skills or willingness to learn or adapt.
A small minority of United supporters will always have sympathy for him, but as far as I am concerned nothing what LVG, Jose or Ole have done in terms of mistakes will ever come close to Moyes’ awful time here.