David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

Smores

A team of multiple champions, oldest player 32.

De Gea
Rafa Evans Vidic Evra
Carrick Fletcher
Nani Rooney Young
Van Persie

Subs: Smalling, Hernandez, Kagawa, Valencia, Jones, Lindergard, Zaha

Move on Cleverley and Wellbeck, make a couple of additions in the summer window too.

If he didn't remove the entire back room staff and piss off all the players he could easily have mounted a title challenge with this team.
Nearly all those players soon retired or were shipped out by managers. Haven't we gone past the hatred for Moyes by now, it was not a squad that would challenge under anyone but Sir Alex.

I don't think any manager would have come in and done well with that team without some decent signings that summer. A top coach would have probably got us 3rd and then built on it.

Bringing in a manager like Moyes to try and quickly fix it was always a recipe for disaster.

Nearly all those players soon retired or were shipped out by managers. Haven't we gone past the hatred for Moyes by now, it was not a squad that would challenge under anyone but Sir Alex.

I don't think any manager would have come in and done well with that team without some decent signings that summer. A top coach would have probably got us 3rd and then built on it.

Bringing in a manager like Moyes to try and quickly fix it was always a recipe for disaster.
Carrick retired 2 years later. Evra went on to have many great year at Juve. Vidic went to Inter but injuries ended him.

Van Gaal butchered our squad and set us back years.

I said in my post a couple of signings that summer.

Any decent Manager gets the best out of Rooney and Van Persie - there's a title challenge.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Nearly all those players soon retired or were shipped out by managers.
That's not true.

de Gea was approaching his prime.
Evans is still starting for Leicester.
Smalling was a regular starter under Van Gaal and is currently starting at Roma.
Evra moved on and won the scudetto with Juventus.
Young played for both Van Gaal and Jose, won the scudetto with Inter just last season.
Valencia had very good years under both Van Gaal and Mourinho.
Carrick played on for three more years, albeit a bit injury prone.
Rooney had a couple of good seasons under Van Gaal, although Fergie basically told the club to move him on.

Moyes had a decent enough core to do well if he had come in with an idea of how to add to the club with signings. He himself said he had scouted Kroos, Alcantara etc and Herrera was an option on the table even that summer. Instead he dithered until the last minute, ended up bringing in Fellaini in the summer and Mata mid season.

Fellaini had a good few years under both Van Gaal and Jose, Mata was Van Gaal's best player. It might not have been a title winning squad but they were good enough to at least be top 4.

Moyes has had a nice revival with West Ham but he approached the biggest break in his career with a complete lack of belief and strategy. When he as a manager had won nothing compared to the squad he was walking into, the best thing to do would have been to ask them how he could help and keep the continuity going. Instead, he thought he'd be his own man without an idea of what that would look like.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Fellaini and Mata - and not keeping the old guard of coaches were too many mistakes he made.
His leadership was ... let's say it was his first stint in managing top players.
On top of that he clearly alienated some of the leaders in the dressing room.
There is only so much you can do wrong as a Fergie successor before you crumble.

However, credit to him for - in my eyes - resurrecting his career. I did not see a very good coach in him when he was at United.

His longevity at Everton might have been actually a detrimental factor for his United project.

Flexdegea

Anyone not being able to differentiate worse and worst is flat out 'nutz' and 'hilarious'.

With that sort of limitations, I am not surprised you fail to see I clearly wasn't bigging David Moyes up as a United manager. All I said was he has West Ham playing good football (had it not been for Rice and Antonio injuries, they could have easily finished in the top four in by far the best league in the world), would have done a good job at United had he been backed like the PE teacher is, and Sociedad wasn't a failure (neither was it a success).
He tried to buy Fabregas, Kross, Bale and Coentrao all summer, but the board failed to get the deals done.
He bought Fellaini as the same impotent board who couldn't get Ballack, Essien, Ronaldinho, Hazard for Sir Alex... couldn't get him his prime targets.

Moyes himself has said he tried to sign Kross all summer and had the deal agreed with both the player and his agent. Signing Bale for 100mil. would affect the Fellaini purchase the same way buying Sancho and paying Ronaldo 500K every week affected buying a midfielder this summer. Fabregas was not a 'perhaps'. It's only 'perhaps' because you are trying to make a poor argument sound more solid by randomly adding modal adverbs. Fabregas was on the brink of joining, both the player and David Moyes said as much.

I will give you Coentrao. Not that it proves anything or takes away from my point that ignorance is more prevalent than trolling. Ta-ra.

I am old enough to have seen a bunch of kids guessing whether I watch some league or not. You've been added to the list.

I watched almost every Sociedad game that season, as I was very interested in seeing how a British manager would fare abroad. To make it short, as you say, they did finish lower than the previous term when they had Griezmann on the team, yes. However, once their best player left, they started the season poorly and were in relegation form before Moyes got there. He stabilised them, played decent football and finished 12th.

The next season, they started poorly, but to say they did a lot better once Moyes left is nonsense. With Moyes, they finished 12th. Without Moyes the next season, they finished 9th, 4 points ahead of the 12th team in the table.

Strange hill to die on

Foxbatt

This can’t be a serious post. The guy had no idea what he was doing while thinking he did a good job. He is one of key reasons why we haven’t been at the top since Fergie as he basically dismantled the entire backroom staff immediately to bring his Everton personnel.

He literally did not want to sign Thiago because he didn’t know him.

He is basically a mid table manager who can get mid table sides to perform slightly above expectations with a bit of investment. He doesn’t win trophies, he doesn’t perform well in cup/European competition, his big game record is questionable. He’s having a bit of a renaissance at West Ham now but no big club will even think about hiring him.
And that's where West Ham is going to be. A mid table ( top half) team.

stevoc

Moyes himself has said he tried to sign Kross all summer and had the deal agreed with both the player and his agent. Signing Bale for 100mil. would affect the Fellaini purchase the same way buying Sancho and paying Ronaldo 500K every week affected buying a midfielder this summer. Fabregas was not a 'perhaps'. It's only 'perhaps' because you are trying to make a poor argument sound more solid by randomly adding modal adverbs. Fabregas was on the brink of joining, both the player and David Moyes said as much.

I will give you Coentrao. Not that it proves anything or takes away from my point that ignorance is more prevalent than trolling. Ta-ra.
Moyes says a lot of things I doubt he said we were trying to sign Kroos in the summer of 2013 though. As Kroos himself has confirmed a potential move to United was only on the cards for 2014 and fell through because Moyes got sacked.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...vid-moyes-sacking-says-real-madrid-midfielder

Signing Bale wouldn't have stopped United signing other players, we spent £150m the summer after.

Fabregas, seeing as we're quoting Moyes. The man himself says he wanted other players plus Fellaini. So Fellaini being signed regardless of who else was signed, in fact going along with Moyes batshit idea of signing him last cost United money as his release clause had passed. So let's stop with this really, really poor argument that Fellaini was somehow a panic signing because Old Ed Woodward didn't get Moyes his other targets.

"We wanted to bring in other players and the recruitment didn't work the way we wanted it to and, ideally, we wouldn't have made Fellaini our one and only signing if we could have helped it.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ster-united-moyes-pleased-rejuvenated-9107372

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Moyes is a better manager than Ole, not very surprising he has some fans. He is as unglamorous as they come, but did very well at Everton, turned them from a bottom half team into a consistent top5/top6 outfit. However, I definitely don't think he was ever cut out for Manchester United, back then and even now. But if you take off the Ole-tinted glasses for a moment, it is not a stretch to say he would have us as strong Top 4 challengers (where we are now) if had received the same senseless, unwavering backing over 3-4 years that Ole has gotten instead of being dumped 6 months in. He deserved to go by the way, not saying he didn't. We had higher standards and expectations as a club back then.
Saying Moyes is shit, doesn't translate to Ole is my god. Both are shit, at least Ole is a nice lad, Moyes is a shit coach and shitty cry baby. There I said it, go cry me a river.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Saying Moyes is shit, doesn't translate to Ole is my god. Both are shit, at least Ole is a nice lad, Moyes is a shit coach and shitty cry baby. There I said it, go cry me a river.
Yet if he beats Spurs tomorrow he moves West Ham up to fourth possibly knocking united down to 9th or 10th.

stevoc

Yet if he beats Spurs tomorrow he moves West Ham up to fourth possibly knocking united down to 9th or 10th.
Possible but good job the season doesn't end in mid October after 9 games then.

Regalia

Not sure why you took 'Ole is my god' from that. And the irony calling anyone a crybaby when your reply makes you sound like an angsty teenager. You've got a whole lot of wising up to do if you think Ole is a 'nice' guy. We can all be nice when we get paid millions to do nothing.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Where does he ends at the end of the season?
Not sure why you took 'Ole is my god' from that. And the irony calling anyone a crybaby when your reply makes you sound like an angsty teenager. You've got a whole lot of wising up to do if you think Ole is a 'nice' guy. We can all be nice when we get paid millions to do nothing.
Because you used the word Ole tinted glasses, when I want that guy off the club as soon as possible.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The next season, they started poorly, but to say they did a lot better once Moyes left is nonsense. With Moyes, they finished 12th. Without Moyes the next season, they finished 9th, 4 points ahead of the 12th team in the table.
Since the last time they got back to first division football in Spain they've only finished lower than 12th; which was the season they got back. Think they finished 14th since then their lowest finish and less point tally has been with Moyes. Despite selling Griezmann in that period of time their best player and performer was Carlos Vela, they still had a good team to do better what they did, that's why he got sacked. There's was nothing remarkable by him on his time on Spain, he seemed lost and clueless and maybe he learned a thing or two while in Spain but to me he clearly failed in Spanish football.

DreadnoughtRS88

Moyes says a lot of things I doubt he said we were trying to sign Kroos in the summer of 2013 though. As Kroos himself has confirmed a potential move to United was only on the cards for 2014 and fell through because Moyes got sacked.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...vid-moyes-sacking-says-real-madrid-midfielder

Signing Bale wouldn't have stopped United signing other players, we spent £150m the summer after.

Fabregas, seeing as we're quoting Moyes. The man himself says he wanted other players plus Fellaini. So Fellaini being signed regardless of who else was signed, in fact going along with Moyes batshit idea of signing him last cost United money as his release clause had passed. So let's stop with this really, really poor argument that Fellaini was somehow a panic signing because Old Ed Woodward didn't get Moyes his other targets.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ster-united-moyes-pleased-rejuvenated-9107372
Why do you think Moyes signed Fellaini last? It's not as if Everton offered too much resistance. And do you think Moyes was unaware he would cost more towards the end of the transfer window. Fellaini was signed last because other transfers fell through.

DreadnoughtRS88

Since the last time they got back to first division football in Spain they've only finished lower than 12th; which was the season they got back. Think they finished 14th since then their lowest finish and less point tally has been with Moyes. Despite selling Griezmann in that period of time their best player and performer was Carlos Vela, they still had a good team to do better what they did, that's why he got sacked. There's was nothing remarkable by him on his time on Spain, he seemed lost and clueless and maybe he learned a thing or two while in Spain but to me he clearly failed in Spanish football.
Are you seriously comparing Griezmann with Carlos Vela? It's like comparing Suarez with Eduardo (Arsenal, Croatia).

Correct, nothing remarkable about his time in Spain, not saying there was. But to use Spain as a proof of Moyes's incompetence is simply not fair. He left them where he found them, more or less, with some remarkable results along the way, such as the win against prime Barcelona.

This community needs to leave the man alone. He failed at Man United, mostly because the impotent board panicked and sacked him, having failed to sign any of his transfer targets.

He's looked a better manager every year since after failings of Mourinho, van Gaal and Ole (who's a parody of a manager compared to Moyes).

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Are you seriously comparing Griezmann with Carlos Vela? It's like comparing Suarez with Eduardo (Arsenal, Croatia).
He was the more complete player and the comparison is easy as they were playing for the same team and he was regarded the better player, not saying Griezmann is bad, I actually rate them both. The result against Barcelona wasn't anything I would attribute to Moyes as it was very common for Real Sociedad to win against them when Griezmann and Vela played for them.

For the rest I think Moyes never did anything of note to be given the job at United and in fact should had been sacked sooner and I'm not even a Manchester United fan. :lol:

Darlington Padgett

You don't need to lie to get digs in against Ole.

The comparisons between Moyes United and Ole United are night and day. Amazed anyone thinks Ole team plays as bad as that Moyes team, damn some people are broke.

Ole first 10 games alone was better on the eye, and the results game, than anything Moyes United drummed up :lol:

Actually can't even believe this topic is even getting discussed.....I blame myself for biting.
That's funny. Please show me a game as bad as this one under Moyes..... 4-0 at Old Trafford against Liverpool.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
They're definitely in the mix this year for 4th place (along with us, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton & Leicester...)

It's the first time I can remember such aura of positivity around West Ham. Their fans are usually miserable whiners.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The United job was always going to be way too big for Moyes, but he's a fantastic manager for a smaller club that wants to challenge for the 5th-6th place EL spots and occasionally challenge for 4th. He showed it at Everton and he's showing it again at West Ham.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
People in here seriously comparing Ole to Moyes.

Ole could only dream of being as successful a manager as Moyes.

stevoc

Why do you think Moyes signed Fellaini last? It's not as if Everton offered too much resistance.
Seeing as you like a Moyes quote, here's another one.

"I never wanted Marouane Fellaini to be my first Manchester United signing, that's the last thing me and my staff wanted."
He wanted to sign other players first before Fellaini as he thought it would put too much pressure on him. So the club backed Moyes batshit transfer plans to such an extent that they carried on chasing after his unrealistic targets all summer and letting Fellaini's release clause expire costing the club £5-6m. Because Moyes wanted to sign players a particular order.

And do you think Moyes was unaware he would cost more towards the end of the transfer window.
Yeah of course Moyes knew about Fellaini's release clause he was the fecking Everton manager the month before. Which makes his decision of wanting to wait and sign him last knowing it runs the risk of his price increasing all the more incompetent.

Fellaini was signed last because other transfers fell through.
Nope. Obviously not.

Last edited:

LawmanMan

Indeed he'd have to win a Charity Shield to draw level with him on trophies.
Trophies is not a metric to compare most managers, particularly in modern football. Moyes consistently overachieves in terms of points gained and table position. He had a blip here and at Sunderland, but he never got a chance here, and Sunderland were effectively in administration.

West Ham lucked in by bringing him back, as they had got rid of him before for Pellegrini. He is now their most successful permanent manager in his second stint, in terms of win percentage. Winning a cup is a big ask for them now in the days of super clubs,. but they have a chance at least.

LawmanMan

Seeing as you like a Moyes quote, here's another one.

He wanted to sign other players first before Fellaini as he thought it would put to much pressure on him. So the club backed Moyes batshit transfer plans to such an extent that they carried on chasing after his unrealistic targets all summer and letting Fellaini's release clause expire costing the club £5-6m. Because Moyes wanted to sign players a particular order.

Yeah of course Moyes knew about Fellaini's release clause he was the fecking Everton manager the month before. Which makes his decision of wanting to wait and sign him last knowing it runs the risk of his price increasing all the more incompetent.

Nope. Obviously not.
His targets were not unrealistic. We are meant to be an elite European club. I remember Woodward was trying to haggle initially, but it was a painful lesson as we ended up empty handed in that first window. He was making derisory bids that were not being taken seriously by the selling clubs.

Baines was the real key target at Everton, but we mishandled the transfer so badly the player pledged his future to Everton.

stevoc

His targets were not unrealistic. We are meant to be an elite European club. I remember Woodward was trying to haggle initially, but it was a painful lesson as we ended up empty handed in that first window. He was making derisory bids that were not being taken seriously by the selling clubs.

Baines was the real key target at Everton, but we mishandled the transfer so badly the player pledged his future to Everton.
I'd say the likes of Ronaldo and a Real Madrid bound Bale were in fact unrealistic targets mate. Now to be fair there's nothing wrong with trying to go big but when it quickly became apparent that neither of those deals or the Fabregas deal were happening then you move onto 2nd choice targets. Problem was Moyes didn't really have any, so we dithered all summer.

Last edited:

stevoc

Trophies is not a metric to compare most managers, particularly in modern football.

Moyes consistently overachieves in terms of points gained and table position. He had a blip here and at Sunderland, but he never got a chance here, and Sunderland were effectively in administration.

West Ham lucked in by bringing him back, as they had got rid of him before for Pellegrini. He is now their most successful permanent manager in his second stint, in terms of win percentage. Winning a cup is a big ask for them now in the days of super clubs,. but they have a chance at least.
A Blip? :lol:

Some fecking Blip mate, spanning 2 countries, 3 clubs and 4 seasons.

Never got a chance? :lol: Sunderland were never in Administration.

Come on mate you are making it way too obvious here.

Last edited:

Tyrion

I think a lot of fans are hung up on Moyes. He's clearly doing well with West Ham though I would never want him back and West Ham is probably as big a club as he could manage.

Whether Moyes is better than Ole is an interesting question. Ole has been better for us than Moyes was but I doubt Ole could work at West Ham or Everton.

DreadnoughtRS88

He was the more complete player and the comparison is easy as they were playing for the same team and he was regarded the better player, not saying Griezmann is bad, I actually rate them both. The result against Barcelona wasn't anything I would attribute to Moyes as it was very common for Real Sociedad to win against them when Griezmann and Vela played for them.

For the rest I think Moyes never did anything of note to be given the job at United and in fact should had been sacked sooner and I'm not even a Manchester United fan. :lol:
It's pointless arguing with someone who says Griezmann is no more than 'not a bad player' and Vela is a more complete player. Perhaps you've mixed up a World Cup winner, an ex- and current Atletico Madrid player, and ex-Barcelona striker with an Arsenal flop. You are are a troll. And not a good one at that either.

DreadnoughtRS88

Indeed he'd have to win a Charity Shield to draw level with him on trophies.
OK, so why doesn't he win the Charity Shield? He's been here for 3 years and hasn't had a sniff at trophies despite having a much better and deeper squad and all the support from the board a manager can ask for. It's astounding that you actually posted this AFTER yesterday's match when it was, once again, apparent Ole couldn't manage a prayer in a church.

You are comparing a manager who relegated Cardiff, held a job at Molde on the account of him being a successful Norwegian footballer and then absolutely embarrassed Manchester United time and again for 34 months...
2 of our 3 biggest home defeats, probably in history, are under his tenure. And you are comparing that with the manager who constantly overachieved with Everton, is doing a superb job with West Ham (you are aware they would have finished fourth last year had they not lost Antonio and Rice through injuries?) and has forgotten more about coaching than the PE teacher has the mental capacity to learn.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Moyes excels at getting mid-rank clubs to over achieve by 3-5 places. He doesn't seem cut out of a top club or a relegation fight but give him the 8th-13th best team in the league and he'll get you 5th-8th. That is a pretty good deal for a lot of clubs as that means regular European football and stability.

stevoc

OK, so why doesn't he win the Charity Shield? He's been here for 3 years and hasn't had a sniff at trophies despite having a much better and deeper squad and all the support from the board a manager can ask for. It's astounding that you actually posted this AFTER yesterday's match when it was, once again, apparent Ole couldn't manage a prayer in a church.

You are comparing a manager who relegated Cardiff, held a job at Molde on the account of him being a successful Norwegian footballer and then absolutely embarrassed Manchester United time and again for 34 months...
2 of our 3 biggest home defeats, probably in history, are under his tenure. And you are comparing that with the manager who constantly overachieved with Everton, is doing a superb job with West Ham (you are aware they would have finished fourth last year had they not lost Antonio and Rice through injuries?) and has forgotten more about coaching than the PE teacher has the mental capacity to learn.
:lol:

How did Moyes win his one and only top level trophy the Charity Shield? Did he win the League or FA Cup the season before?

It's mad how almost all the Moyes apologists make out as if Moyes was some poor victim of circumstance and it wasn't his fault that Sunderland got relegated despite being there for the entirety of that 16/17 season (including pre-season) and spending £50+m. Yet many also claim Solskjaer single handedly got Cardiff relegated despite taking over an already struggling side that had only won 3 games all season in January.

Are you a United fan?

LawmanMan

How did Moyes win his one and only top level trophy the Charity Shield? Did he win the League or FA Cup the season before?

It's mad how almost all the Moyes apologists make out as if Moyes was some poor victim of circumstance and it wasn't his fault that Sunderland got relegated despite being there for the entirety of that 16/17 season (including pre-season) and spending £50+m. Yet many also claim Solskjaer single handedly got Cardiff relegated despite taking over an already struggling side that had only won 3 games all season in January.

Are you a United fan?
He was a victim of circumstance. The fact Sir Alex has consistently said he did not make a mistake having Moyes appointed, even when Moyes what at his lowest, speaks volumes.

Its all speculation, but I think Moyes could have been a big success had he been given the chance to grow into the role. You just have to watch West Ham to see how he has completely transformed an underachieving mess into a teak-tough side who fight and die for each other on the pitch. They also are capable of playing a variety of ways, from grinding out a 1-0 via set piece to some sparkling attacking football, depending on the opposition.

The big problem was there was no transition to Moyes and the players revolted. Had there been some sort of phase where Moyes worked with Ferguson for a season it might have worked out a lot better.

BTW the whole point of that pub pic was to celebrate him being manager of the season three times in a decade. Obviously he is a good coach.

Reactions: Sultan

ariveded

When people say Moyes is good for weak clubs, does that include Man Utd now? Utd is a big club yet the aspirations has shrink. A top 4 without a proper title challenge is acceptable. Moyes could do much better job than Ole with such aspirations.

And Moyes wasnt sacked for just bad results, but also about the lack of “feel good” factor at the club. And this is where the ecosystem comes, your national press, your resume, your alumni network, old team mates lobby. Moyes had none, and was left on his own.While Ole has this edge over Moyes. Like yesterday, Neville talked about how Ole happens to be United way, and supposely feel good factor. Its all a illusion created by the eco-system. Its pity Moyes was alone in this struggles…

stevoc

He was a victim of circumstance. The fact Sir Alex has consistently said he did not make a mistake having Moyes appointed, even when Moyes what at his lowest, speaks volumes.

Its all speculation, but I think Moyes could have been a big success had he been given the chance to grow into the role. You just have to watch West Ham to see how he has completely transformed an underachieving mess into a teak-tough side who fight and die for each other on the pitch. They also are capable of playing a variety of ways, from grinding out a 1-0 via set piece to some sparkling attacking football, depending on the opposition.

The big problem was there was no transition to Moyes and the players revolted. Had there been some sort of phase where Moyes worked with Ferguson for a season it might have worked out a lot better.

BTW the whole point of that pub pic was to celebrate him being manager of the season three times in a decade. Obviously he is a good coach.
He was a victim of his own incompetence more like.

Doubt many ever said he wasn't a good coach, he just isn't a great one.

As for everything else I'd say I disagree especially the Fergie holding his hand part. Don't think there's any scenario where Moyes would have been successful at United. People keep saying he wasn't given a chance
but he clearly fecking was, if anything he was given too much time. Had he managed to connect with and motivate the talanted squad he had at his disposal he could have came 3rd-4th and bought himself more time. But he couldn't even manage a Europa League place and was the first United manager in over 30 years to not qualify for Europe which says it all really.

DreadnoughtRS88

Are you a United fan?
Had he had 3 years and 300mil to spend and the deepest squad in the league, he may well have won a trophy and then the community shield the next year. But no, he was given Fellaini and Mata to supplement an aging squad. So, you are still defending Ole?

Are you a United fan? Been meaning to ask you for a couple of days now... :lol::lol::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Trophies is not a metric to compare most managers, particularly in modern football. Moyes consistently overachieves in terms of points gained and table position. He had a blip here and at Sunderland, but he never got a chance here, and Sunderland were effectively in administration.

Picked up a super weak team at United too, that he did incredibly to save from a near certain relegation, and probably falling through the leagues instantly.

Well..you started it :lol:

stevoc

Had he had 3 years and 300mil to spend and the deepest squad in the league, he may well have won a trophy and then the community shield the next year. But no, he was given Fellaini and Mata to supplement an aging squad. So, you are still defending Ole?

Are you a United fan? Been meaning to ask you for a couple of days now... :lol::lol::lol:

This is a Moyes thread and I'm not the one who brought Soldkjaer up or continued to discuss him, I tried to steer the discussion back to Moyes in my last post but alas...

Back to Moyes he could have had 6 years and £600m and while it's possible he'd have won something I doubt it, he just doesn't have it in him.

But ask yourself this why didn't Moyes get 3 years and £300m to spend?

Answer because he failed big time at United.

Also given Fellaini? :lol:

Still banging that drum I see, yeah let's just ignore that he was one of his main targets. Forced upon him he was. :lol:

The trolls in this thread are very entertaining. Im convinced you and LawmanMan are some mods alternate troll accounts. They must be.

Last edited:

DreadnoughtRS88

This is a Moyes thread and I'm not the one who brought Soldkjaer up or continued to discuss him, I tried to steer the discussion back to Moyes in my last post but alas...

Back to Moyes he could have had 6 years and £600m and while it's possible he'd have won something I doubt it, he just doesn't have it in him.

But ask yourself this why didn't Moyes get 3 years and £300m to spend?

Answer because he failed big time at United.

Also given Fellaini? :lol:

Still banging that drum I see, yeah let's just ignore that he was one of his main targets. Forced upon him he was. :lol:

The trolls in this thread are very entertaining. Im convinced you and LawmanMan are some mods alternate troll accounts. They must be.
Moyes didn't get 3 years and 300mil because it was immediately post-Ferguson and the club thought they were still entitled to win the trophies and panicked as soon as the wheels started coming off.

I bring up Solskjaer because it seems like you think the only difference between them as coaches is the fact that Moyes won the Community Shield and Ole has not, which takes us back to the overall disrespect of David Moyes. So, you are either very ignorant, which it seems is what everyone else thinks in this thread, or you are an opposition fan and a troll, which I think.

Yes, given Fellaini doesn't mean that he didn't necessarily want him, but that after failing to get Bale, Fabregas, Kross and Contreao, he had to make do with what couldn't have been his prime target. You need an English lesson just as much you need a football one. And English isn't even my first language.