David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

stevoc

Perhaps he admits it to himself privately? Then again perhaps not. I see what you're saying about leaning and growing. When it comes down to it we're all different, motivated by different approaches.

If I was a player I'd like my manager to be extremely sure of himself rather than humble. I like confident/arrogant buggers who show no vulnerability. It can be extremely toxic if their opinion of themselves is clearly undeserved but the times it's matched with ability I think you get the best results. Don't want to hear you talk about your own shortcomings, past or present or it would make me doubt you, I want you to think you're the best and spend your time telling me that I'm the best too. We can self-delude ourselves together all the way to greatness.

That last part really wasn't Moyes was it, with his aspiring to be like City and play like Jagielka comments? :lol:

Suppose if we were both players a great manager might see that we react differently to different apporaches so would speak differenty to us/around us.
Thats Moyes to a tee to be fair.

Maybe he does admit it to himself, i hope he does. But if i had to bet i somehow doubt he blames himself at all for any of his failures he seems the type.

But even then admitting it to yourself is great but it shows real backbone to admit your failures publicly, sadly for Dave he's a spineless tosser.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
In the same way Hodgson couldn't handle Liverpool, but he has shown what an excellent manager he can be when he isn't managing a team full of egos. So Moyes has found his level, again, and finally got over being a complete failure at United. The job was always too big for him and it was laughable, if it wasn't so sad, that he got the United job in the first place.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In the same way Hodgson couldn't handle Liverpool, but he has shown what an excellent manager he can be when he isn't managing a team full of egos. So Moyes has found his level, again, and finally got over being a complete failure at United. The job was always too big for him and it was laughable, if it wasn't so sad, that he got the United job in the first place.
I think it was more the shift of expectations that was the problem more than managing ego's, they simply just didn't have the mindset to adjust to the increased expectations, i remember Roy beaming after a home Anfield draw vs Sunderland (i think) claiming any point from behind is a good one.

Foxbatt

Moyes took over the PL champions and sacked the back room staff and got in people who has never coached and won at this level. Then he dithered around and only got Fellaini. He was a disaster for United and we still have not recovered from it. The he keeps harping about how he should have been given more time blah blah blah. If he had got us into the CL spots he would have got more time.

Paul_Scholes18

He is ahead of us with a weaker squad than us.

Is Moyes currently manager of the season even over Smith with bottom half team?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
He is ahead of us with a weaker squad than us.

Is Moyes currently manager of the season even over Smith with bottom half team?
He will crumble soon enough, he will start referring to himself at "sir Moyes" or "premier League manager of the season 20/21". Think he is a genius and go on an amazing losing streak and blame everyone but himself, including Manchester United for not giving him enough time.

Champagne Football

He's copying the managerial blueprint that worked well for him at Everton - sign the best player or two in the championship each season to build a solid mid-table team that are hard to break down. Jarrod Bowen and Said Benrahma were quality signings that are going from strength to strength. Mid-table clubs will always be his level.

He's in trouble when they sell Rice to Chelsea next summer. Will be hard to replace a leader like that.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not sure why that's funny? He'd be in 2nd place at worst so far in any such award and that coming after many were saying he'd be sacked by now as they had an extrememly tough fixture list in their first 6 or 7 games. Lots thought they'd be rock bottom.

Wilt

So it’s got to this ...Ole in a battle with Moyes

game on !! :lol:

Andersonson

He's a good manager. And fit teams like West ham perfectly. But never good enough for clubs like us.

Im glad he's doing ok. He has something to offer in this league

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They were s*** tonight (still can't understand how we just gave them that win with everything still.....) but tbh from what I've seen in majority of other fixtures they've been pretty good.

Unbeaten v Man. City, Spurs and Leicester and totally destroyed Wolves and they were unlucky to lose at Arsenal and Liverpool with how they played. Newcastle was their only hopeless performance and anyone can have a bad game on the opening day as Spurs showed v Everton.

Considering all the doom and gloom from their fans after selling Diangana it's been miles better than what I was expecting from them generally. They're certainly benefitting from BCD.

It's a solid group of pros there so similar make up to his Everton team and they have tricky players in final third who can create and score from little domination although Antonio was nowhere near fit tonight but he showed in run in he's a good fit for a Moyes team.

That said give Man. United the space in final third like they did us and you should score 3 past them.

They won't finish top 6 but I can see them being top half. I thought that last season aswell so was a bit baffled what a mess Pellegrini made of things in the end given how experienced he is.

Paul_Scholes18

I really hope we can beat them. They got lucky today though, but played well vs Liverpool and City before and could have got more points in those games.

Paul_Scholes18

Not sure why that's funny? He'd be in 2nd place at worst so far in any such award and that coming after many were saying he'd be sacked by now as they had an extrememly tough fixture list in their first 6 or 7 games. Lots thought they'd be rock bottom.
I thought he would be sacked by now after the Newcastle game. I thought Mourinho could be too and Ole after Spurs, but all doing well at the moment.

No idea who will get sacked first now. Even Parker and Bilic got the wins. I think Wilder is still pretty safe even with a poor start.

I guess Arteta might be the first to go. 3-0 loss against Spurs might be enough to fire him.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Just can’t stand him and can’t stand his smug face.
Don’t get that kind of feeling with Jose (even though I never wanted him here and couldn’t be happier when he left).
Glad we beat him and his awful club today. Him and West Ham, a match made in heaven.

tenpoless

Had he won, the result would have countered lots of arguments about Ole being better than Pep, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Lampard because he won against them.

Not that I want it. I'd hate for it to happen. Feck Moyes. It'd be a disaster had WHU won the game.

meamth

He's copying the managerial blueprint that worked well for him at Everton - sign the best player or two in the championship each season to build a solid mid-table team that are hard to break down. Jarrod Bowen and Said Benrahma were quality signings that are going from strength to strength. Mid-table clubs will always be his level.

He's in trouble when they sell Rice to Chelsea next summer. Will be hard to replace a leader like that.
We should hijack that deal.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I get his gripe about the ball maybe being out in the lead up to Pogba's goal but he should be bemoaning his team not playing to the whistle.

PieCrust

I get his gripe about the ball maybe being out in the lead up to Pogba's goal but he should be bemoaning his team not playing to the whistle.
I think almost for sure that ball was out, but ultimately there is no way to prove it and eventhough the linesman had a clear view, he was also running the other way to keep up with play and was a very hard call to see clearly.

Haddock

He's doing a great job and has assembled a formidable squad. Looks like he's found his new Fellani and Baines in Soucek and Cresswell.

tomaldinho1

Thought he was trolling us and talking about now for a second. Was about to get angry with a tinge of laughter at the nerve of him for having the balls to say it.
Haha same, I was livid but then couldn't help but feel impressed by the gall to do it. Then I checked the date...

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Moyes and Mourinho above us in the table. If we sack Ole he’ll probably feck off to Brighton and do better than us

Conor

He has West Ham above us in the table, with worse players. We should hire him back, seeing as league position in December seems to mean everything?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

At everton it was different. He was a master at signing bargains like pienaar and fellaini for peanuts.

I'm forgetting some now but he's always had an eye for talent on the low