David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
At everton it was different. He was a master at signing bargains like pienaar and fellaini for peanuts.

I'm forgetting some now but he's always had an eye for talent on the low
Jagielka, Baines, Coleman and Cahill, awesome business.

Fellaini was their big signing at that time, spent around 15 million IIRC.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Ah yeah and for super cheap as well. He had a poorer record with big money deals I think.
Which is exactly why he failed here. Can't handle the big stars/signings, because he has the mentality for an underdog, middle of the pack kind of team.

I'm sure he'll do well with West Ham this season, top 10 finish probably. But as soon as the fans start demanding more and the owners give him a lot of transfer funds, he'll fail to deliver that next step.

Foxbatt

He is good enough for a mid table club and will get them punching above their weight. Players like Fellaini are very useful. Like his new Fellaini (as Jose said), they always give you another option when you need it a plan B. I hope he is still not talking about how he should have been given more time at United?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Which is exactly why he failed here. Can't handle the big stars/signings, because he has the mentality for an underdog, middle of the pack kind of team.

I'm sure he'll do well with West Ham this season, top 10 finish probably. But as soon as the fans start demanding more and the owners give him a lot of transfer funds, he'll fail to deliver that next step.
That is also a bit of a stretch. It's not like he failed every big transfer ever. It's just that he's really good at the bargains and is more known for that.

Fellaini was actually an expensive signing of his at Everton (I misunderstood early when I said he was a bargain) and he was a big hit at Everton and could play several positions.

His other bigish signings were Andy Johnson, Miralles, Beatie. I mean it's not like "he cant handle big star/signings" at all. That's yet to be seen. Mata was one of his signings and he's lasted what 7 years now.

He's just never been a big spender in general and that's largely also due to his situation at teams.

Again, his lower level signings are insanely good:

Coleman, Cahill, Stones, Arteta, Pienaar all for around 9 million total.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I don’t know. He has a mid table squad mid table. His work at United, Sociedad and Sunderland were all poor to awful.

Having a decent West Ham squad mid-table isn’t all that impressive for me and doesn’t really redeem him as a coach.

He has teams around him like Southampton and Leeds doing just as well with lesser resources.

Of course, it’s all too tight to call right now.

Maybe these shoots of recovery from us will finally let me forgive him for the nosedive he put us in.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Moyes’ work with this West Ham squad continues to go under the radar. Credit where it’s due, he has them ticking along nicely.
I think of all teams they benefit from not having fans in. The atmosphere used to get really toxic there, fans against the owners, fans against the manager.....reckon it’s played into their hands in that respect

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Can someone remind me of how bad David moyes season with us actually was?

Thinking back, we were absolutely fecking shocking and every decision and quote by him was bad.

But on Wikipedia, the results seem decent. Semis in the carling and knocked out by bayern even though the league wasn't great.

Red Royal

Thinking back, we were absolutely fecking shocking and every decision and quote by him was bad.

But on Wikipedia, the results seem decent. Semis in the carling and knocked out by bayern even though the league wasn't great.
It was horrendous, the number of records broken by poor teams winning at Old Trafford was astonishing... and we were Champions that year!

Relevated

It was horrendous, the number of records broken by poor teams winning at Old Trafford was astonishing... and we were Champions that year!
Youre right. He was breaking records every week. We had such a great bunch of players, I really wish he was a success here.

Patchbeard

That's because we're now used to mediocrity so it doesn't look so bad, which is in a large part due to his swift dismantling of the SAF era. Before then we had never finished lower than 3rd in the Premier League under SAF, and only 3rd once (I think). So the fall from the previous season(s) was severe at the time (even if on paper the results don't as bad on paper now) and he was the catalyst for that drop. Can't stand the fellow.

Relevated

That's because we're now used to mediocrity so it doesn't look so bad, which is in a large part due to his swift dismantling of the SAF era. Before then we had never finished lower than 3rd in the Premier League under SAF, and only 3rd once (I think). So the fall from the previous season(s) was severe at the time (even if on paper the results don't as bad on paper now) and he was the catalyst for that drop. Can't stand the fellow.
Was just watching highlights of that season. RVP, hernandez, vidic, a decent Phil Jones... man, those were the days.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
West Ham only 7 points off the points total they got for the whole of last season now! :lol: Shows how badly they underachieved last year as it's a solid enough first 11 especially when Antonio is fit as he fits their style in final third nicely. Will endlessly chase balls forward and pretty decent finisher.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Having some top 4 fun by the looks of it this season. :eek:

matt23

Done a really good job to be fair. They're not a bad watch this year.

nyanza

Moysey above Liverpool. They're probably going to get their shit together at some point but just imagine the scenes if they were to end up behind him. :lol:

Mike Smalling

Impressive stuff. Probably has a better points total than in his season with us at this point in the season.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
You’ve got to be happy for Moyes. He’s now back to doing for West Ham what he did for Everton. It’s not his fault our board thought that was enough for him to carry on Fergie’s work. It’s not now and it wasn’t then.

Judas

Open to offers
Couldn't happen to a more dislikable club and fanbase. Hard to feel too much joy for them, although it's funny seeing them above Liverpool.

Is Moyes actually playing the West Ham way though?

Sylar

Lingard loan signing will be the one to take them to the next level.