David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He’s a right cnut isn’t he.

Kicking the ball at the back of a ballboy’s head.
Blasé reaction to the Zouma situation (“of course he’ll play, he’s one of our best players”)
Telling the interviewer she’ll “get a slap” while she’s doing her job.

As if his spell at our club wasn’t bad enough, I am really beginning to dislike the man.

stevoc

Blasé reaction to the Zouma situation (“of course he’ll play, he’s one of our best players”)

As if his spell at our club wasn’t bad enough, I am really beginning to dislike the man.
He's never came across as a particularly nice chap has he.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's the only ex United manager that I genuinely hope he doesn't succeed in his clubs. Happy for Mourinho in the conference League. Happy Moyes didn't make the final. I dunno what it is. Really don't like him.

Cloud7

He’s always been a prick who has this “nice, humble, hard working guy” image cultivated by the idea. He was ridiculously arrogant during his time as our manager based on nothing. I’ve disliked him since and that will never change.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought his post match interview was really bitter. Saying he didn’t enjoy the referees in the competition, thought the obvious red card wasn’t a red card. Thought Frankfurt weren’t that good etc.

stevoc

I thought his post match interview was really bitter. Saying he didn’t enjoy the referees in the competition, thought the obvious red card wasn’t a red card. Thought Frankfurt weren’t that good etc.
Well it wouldn't be his fault, it never is.

Lost bear

He's the only ex United manager that I genuinely hope he doesn't succeed in his clubs. Happy for Mourinho in the conference League. Happy Moyes didn't make the final. I dunno what it is. Really don't like him.
Same. Don’t like his bullshit image of ‘regular guy’. I know it seems churlish, but I was glad West Ham lost, purely because he’s their manager.

Seij

Bitter bellend. Just can't bring myself to like the guy.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well it wouldn't be his fault, it never is.
Yeah :lol:

It’s a shame because after disliking him for years, I warmed to him this year but he has very little class when things don’t go his way. It’s usually the fault of everything around him but himself

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
calm down, like he said, he bent it around the ball boy.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Great skill to be fair
aye. it’s rare for someone to be able to get so angry yet retain such composure and skill. i’ve seen all i need to, to be sure he deserves another crack of the whip here.

MoskvaRed

Moyes has restored his credibility over the last 12 months as a decent PL manager but he still can’t deal with pressure and expectation. This semi-final was a bit of a car crash - conceding at home after 50 seconds in the first leg, man sent off in the second leg after 16 minutes in the same way he’d been sent off in the QF. At 58, he’ll most likely never win a trophy (Community Shield should only count if you win the league or cup to qualify for it).

And yet he was deemed to be the right candidiate to succeed arguably the greatest manager of all time. Considering the prestige the club still enjoyed in 2013, was this the worst football decision of all time by a major club?

wolvored

Its his self delusion when he called himself a very good manager, when he resigned for West Ham. The fact he cocked everything up at Utd, backroom wise, instead of being humble and waiting at least a year before dismantling a little bit at a time. Then moans he should have had more time.

Abraxas

Its his self delusion when he called himself a very good manager, when he resigned for West Ham. The fact he cocked everything up at Utd, backroom wise, instead of being humble and waiting at least a year before dismantling a little bit at a time. Then moans he should have had more time.
Is he supposed to call himself a bad manager? I don't get what the importance of that reference is. In fact I don't get why people harp on about his comments post United, of course he feels he should have got more time. What manager doesn't, and he was sacked after little time (deservedly in my opinion) but what he's saying isn't untrue - he was done away with quickly compared to the patience shown to others.

He is a good manager. It's a fairly accurate statement. Not an elite one and a disaster at United but he must have some degree of humility to bounce back from all the failures and rebuild his managerial career. I just see it as you have to have pretty thick skin in that industry, enough people are going to question you and he probably felt he should defend his corner with many of these statements.

Nick7

I’ve seen similar sentiment about Frankfurt from West Ham fans. Frankfurt were the better team over both legs even taking away the red card. But between Moyes and West Ham fans you’d think Frankfurt got played off the park for 180 minutes and fluked their way through.

CallyRed

aye. it’s rare for someone to be able to get so angry yet retain such composure and skill. i’ve seen all i need to, to be sure he deserves another crack of the whip here.
Complete opposite of Martial. Sign Moyesy up

romufc

Moyes is one of the managers I dislike the most in the PL.

Glad they got knocked out.

stevoc

Is he supposed to call himself a bad manager? I don't get what the importance of that reference is. In fact I don't get why people harp on about his comments post United, of course he feels he should have got more time. What manager doesn't, and he was sacked after little time (deservedly in my opinion) but what he's saying isn't untrue - he was done away with quickly compared to the patience shown to others.

He is a good manager. It's a fairly accurate statement. Not an elite one and a disaster at United but he must have some degree of humility to bounce back from all the failures and rebuild his managerial career. I just see it as you have to have pretty thick skin in that industry, enough people are going to question you and he probably felt he should defend his corner with many of these statements.
He wasn't really though he was sacked as soon as it was impossible for him to come 4th, same as the rest. Van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer were all sacked after failing to qualify for the CL or looking like they were headed that way.

Van Gaal, Jose and Ole all qualified for the CL in their first seasons which is why they got at least a second, would have also been the case for Moyes if he hadn't finished 7th.

Last edited:

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Moyes has restored his credibility over the last 12 months as a decent PL manager but he still can’t deal with pressure and expectation. This semi-final was a bit of a car crash - conceding at home after 50 seconds in the first leg, man sent off in the second leg after 16 minutes in the same way he’d been sent off in the QF. At 58, he’ll most likely never win a trophy (Community Shield should only count if you win the league or cup to qualify for it).

And yet he was deemed to be the right candidiate to succeed arguably the greatest manager of all time. Considering the prestige the club still enjoyed in 2013, was this the worst football decision of all time by a major club?
As far as I know Fergie was already friends with Moyes when he was at Everton. Probably he thought that the longevity he achieved there could be translated to success long term for United… and being Scottish also helped.

TBH I don’t think he needed more time. His start of the season has been one of the worst I can remember and only comparable to this seasons run with Solksjaer… He would have left earlier had he not achieved that comeback vs Olimpiacos, but let’s face it, he inherited a Premier League winning squad and turned it into a boring 7th place team, just like Everton.

wolvored

Is he supposed to call himself a bad manager?
No he should be humble and if he cant do that say nothing. When anyone starts praising themselves up without anything to back it up, its laughable.

Abraxas

No he should be humble and if he cant do that say nothing. When anyone starts praising themselves up without anything to back it up, its laughable.
There's plenty to backup that he's a very good manager.

big rons sovereign

Kinell, I thought he'd booted a ball and caught some kid by accident, but no, he fully wellies it at the little fecker.
What an absolute bellwhiff.

MoskvaRed

Combined with the Declan Rice footage, that has to be one of the least dignified exits from a European semi-final since Chelsea in 2009. Chelsea at least had some justification for losing their cool.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Was the officiating actually bad over the 2 legs or were they beaten fair and square?

I didn't see the game but the incidents with Rice and Moyes would suggest they feel hard done by.

United got absolutely screwed by refs a couple of weeks ago (Against Arsenal? Can't remember) and took it gracefully , these guys are having a meltdown.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Was the officiating actually bad over the 2 legs or were they beaten fair and square?

I didn't see the game but the incidents with Rice and Moyes would suggest they feel hard done by.

United got absolutely screwed by refs a couple of weeks ago (Against Arsenal? Can't remember) and took it gracefully , these guys are having a meltdown.
Nothing wrong with the officiating. They got battered fair and square. Same team battered Barca at Camp Nou fair and square. Someone needs to remind these cnuts they were flirting with relegation less than two years ago. Pipe down with the entitlement.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This! Mourinho for all his arrogance (oh and he has a lot of it) at least has a CV to back it up. Whereas this guy just has no shame. All the stuff he said and did when he was our manager, bloody hell. You can bet your life if he had won the EL trophy he would have claimed how this proves he should have been given more time at United.