David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

LawmanMan

Knitting that squad together now. They were better than Spurs second half and should have won the game. Top six looks a possibility again this season.

TheReligion

Abusive
What's going on with Moyes? 5 defeats in 7.
They spent an absolute fortune too haven’t they? Can’t say he’s not been backed.

He makes some odd decisions though like bringing on Emerson for Creswell when searching for a goal in the 90th minute…

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Actually surprised they aren't starting Dawson now he's fit. He gets on the end of so many set pieces for them and chips in with 3-4 a season. Think they had double figures in corners today.

Foxbatt

Now he is going to come out about when he was manager at Manchester United and some nonsense.

Castia

Football is bonkers isn’t it.

Widely praised for a couple of years now alongside Rogers at Leicester and both are under huge pressure. The guy at Forrest will probably be fired as well even though when he took over 1 year ago they were bottom of the championship.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If only he'd got more time at United.
Left a squad by Fergie that he did amazingly well to keep up
etc etc?

lex talionis

The natural end of the run for Moyes. It will be fascinating to see how much longer they allow him to manage the club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The natural end of the run for Moyes. It will be fascinating to see how much longer they allow him to manage the club.
Wolves, Fulham and Southampton in the league up next with a couple of Anderlecht Europa games.

Fail to get a few decent results out of that lot and it'll be curtains you feel.

marktan

It's a rare thing to spend £150m and actually make the team worse. They've badly needed some depth but they've had a shocker of a window, the only signing that I actually rate is Emerson. The problem is now you've signed all that crap you have to play them.

slored1

It's a rare thing to spend £150m and actually make the team worse. They've badly needed some depth but they've had a shocker of a window, the only signing that I actually rate is Emerson. The problem is now you've signed all that crap you have to play them.
Paqueta might be too slow for the Premier League. Weird signing IMO, especially for a team that relies on counter-attacks.

Stacker

It’s what happens when you give Moyes a 100m+ war chest and tell him to go out and get his men, we’ve seen it before.

He is the type of manager who will find you a diamond in the rough for a bargain price every once in a while.

You give him a blank chequebook and he hasn’t a clue how to use it effectively.

marktan

It’s what happens when you give Moyes a 100m+ war chest and tell him to go out and get his men, we’ve seen it before.

He is the type of manager who will find you a diamond in the rough for a bargain price every once in a while.

You give him a blank chequebook and he hasn’t a clue how to use it effectively.
Tbf they did try and get Broja, who wouldve been a great signing as he's similar to Antonio and they need someone that's technical up front.

They also were turned down by a few like Kostic iirc correctly. If they could've signed Richarlison, Bissouma and Perisic for £70m I'm sure they would have, but they're shopping in a different store to Spurs.

And Moyes does deserve credit for building that pretty strong first XI last season.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Declan Rice has been the most overrated player in football for the last few years, hasn’t he? I say “has been” because it’s probably stating the obvious now.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Declan Rice has been the most overrated player in football for the last few years, hasn’t he? I say “has been” because it’s probably stating the obvious now.
Its actually crazy. Just do not see it with him at all.

stevoc

So how long before West Ham pull the trigger do we think?

They've had a tough start with Spurs, Chelsea and City in their opening 7 matches but lost to Everton and Forest as well. If they lose another 2 or 3 shortly after the International break I could see the Sullivan and Gold getting nervous and old Davey getting the boot.

Last edited:

Red00012

No he’s still worth over £120 million by some people

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No he’s still worth over £120 million by some people
He will inevitably be transferred to City/Chelsea for £50m or less and be a bit part player there in a few years as everyone will have realized he isn’t all that. Similar to what happened with Barkley and Rodwell eventually.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not the right thread really but how is Flynn Downes getting on so far? He looks like a player with a lot of potential to me. Good defensively - strong, quick, tall, aggressive. Good at carrying the ball and taking on players. Good one touch passing and long range passing. Good composure, good under pressure. One to keep an eye on.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not the right thread really but how is Flynn Downes getting on so far? He looks like a player with a lot of potential to me. Good defensively - strong, quick, tall, aggressive. Good at carrying the ball and taking on players. Good one touch passing and long range passing. Good composure, good under pressure. One to keep an eye on.
He might be a lot of things, but 5'8 is not tall.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He’s hardly played but did well yesterday. I agree with your write up, I think he has a lot of potential too

Nick7

Looked for a thread but couldn’t find one from after 2019. Paqueta was very hyped this past summer, how’s he been getting on at this lot?

Foxbatt

Moyes with the excuses again? I hope he doesn't start on when I was the Manchester United manager thing again.

stevoc

The break for the WC has came at a great time for him. They've only had 2-3 wins in their last 10 I think. If that keeps up in December and January after the World Cup you'd imagine the West Ham board will start getting nervous.