David Moyes West Ham Manager | Gone (pedantic sod Sarni)

DRM

Loving the responses in this thread :lol:

Varun

Staff
Can't wait for the presser where he tells them they're shit and should expect relegation.

Dan

What time is the press conference scheduled for? :lol:

Dobbs

I've got sympathy for Moyes. A good reputation built up over time has been trashed in a couple of years. He's very lucky to get another chance though and this is surely his last.

Jacko21

"He proved with Everton that he has great qualities and we feel that West Ham United is a club that will give David the platform to display those qualities again."

And at United he proved he was out of touch. And at Sociedad he proved he was out of touch. And at Sunderland he proved he was out of touch.

There are some who will say there were mitigating circumstances at his three previous clubs. I wonder what they'll say about his time at West Ham.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Is the poll in OP genuine?
Hahahaha

KUMB is their forum?
Will have a look theough there, should be entertaining.
What's the deal with that forum name btw? Sounds really weird to me.

decorativeed

It's still making me giggle thinking about when he said "they've been training with me dos, tres, quatro times"
I find myself quoting that at least once a week!

Although I think it was actually "Uno, dos, tres times" as he hadn't learned as far as quatro by then!

Anyway, poor old 'Ammers, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.

Trizy

His agent could probably get Heskey out of retirement and signed for Barcelona as a starter. Bloody brilliant :lol:

decorativeed

"He proved with Everton that he has great qualities and we feel that West Ham United is a club that will give David the platform to display those qualities again."

And at United he proved he was out of touch. And at Sociedad he proved he was out of touch. And at Sunderland he proved he was out of touch.

There are some who will say there were mitigating circumstances at his three previous clubs. I wonder what they'll say about his time at West Ham.
His "great quailities" were literally being able to pick up a few handy players on the cheap. Cahill and Pienaar... And that's about it. When he was given decent money at Everton he spent it on dross like Dinyar Billialetdinov.

spiriticon

The last club he managed have not only been relegated, they are smack at the bottom of the Championship. How on earth has he got another job?

finndt

Hatred Moyes gets here is crazy. And only reason behind it is the impossible job with us. Taking over a pretty poor squad after a legend of a manager was able to overachieve with it. He was never gonna get it right. Why LVG isn't getting more stick. He did nothing except squandered millions of pounds.

Im glad he's gone but i agree with him in one thing, he didn't get a proper chance.

Not that i believe it would've get any better.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
--------
Couldn't care less. **** him and **** them!

What a ****ing worm to jump straight into the job barely hours before Bilic was told to leave after weaseling his way in gobbing off on telly telling us all he's interested etc. He shouldn't have said a ****ing thing.

Moyes Out
---------

11th post in the 'Welcome David Moyes'- thread, and we get the first 'Moyes out'.
Haha, this will be glorious, couldn't happened to a nicer set of fans.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hatred Moyes gets here is crazy. And only reason behind it is the impossible job with us. Taking over a pretty poor squad after a legend of a manager was able to overachieve with it. He was never gonna get it right. Why LVG isn't getting more stick. He did nothing except squandered millions of pounds.

Im glad he's gone but i agree with him in one thing, he didn't get a proper chance.

Wow good one. Hilarious. 10/10.

Djemba-Djemba

Well this has cheered me up a little after the shite on Sunday.

Has a fanbase ever been so openly and obviously against a new manager taking over?

It's not even like Moyes used to manage Millwall and so that's why West Ham fans hate him, they just know how useless he is :lol:

FireballXL5

Did he get a proper chance at Sociedad? Did he get a proper chance at Sunderland?

He's either extremely unlucky at not getting proper chances, or he's actually, you know, completely shit .

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Did you miss this thread? At least we won the FA Cup under LVG and went into games against the top 6 thinking we could get a result (including winning at Anfield). Moyes took the champions to 7th. Fergie may have overachieved with us in the end but with investment the successor should have done better than Moyes did. Instead he pursued unrealistic targets, ended up signing his former player for more than we could have spent for him, demoralised the squad and took us into all away games against the top 6 feeling the game was lost before it even started.

binary bot
I’ll be thoroughly disappointed if Jimmy Lumsden isn’t on the staff.

Zoo

He'll need results quickly. He already lost a lot of goodwill with the fans when openly discussing the role with Keys and Gray whilst Bilic was still in the job.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol: West Ham going down this season then.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Moyes won the Community Shield at Wembley in August – becoming the first Manchester United manager ever to win a trophy in his first season in charge.
An actual quote from West Ham's official statement.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, 'cause that's what everyone remembers about his 10 months here.

Djemba-Djemba

He'll need results quickly. He already lost a lot of goodwill with the fans when openly discussing the role with Keys and Gray whilst Bilic was still in the job.
Quite a cnuty thing to do by someone we were told over and over is a decent hard working man.

Alabaster Codify7

Dreadful appointment.
WHU are pretty much resigned to a relegation battle already, they needed to appoint a no-nonsense manager with a track record of saving clubs from the drop.

I know the options are limited, but why would you choose a man who most recently got a team relegated while basically embarassing the club and their fans in the process - ie - claiming they were in a relegation dogfight before a ball had been kicked, publicly slagging off his squad etc.

I just don't see Moyes as a manager with backbone and fighting spirit. Which is exactly what WHU do NOT need right now - mark my words, they're in for a struggle of a season.

iHicksy

Get ready for ....

"Brighton are a very good team, playing at the level we should aspire to"

"We'll try and make it difficult for Aldershot"

kr0nix

David Moyes' timeline: From Preston North End to West Ham United
Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles...north-end-west-ham-united#PC2q0LHYeuSwIBF4.99
Following David Moyes’ appointment as West Ham United manager, we look at the experienced Scot’s managerial career so far…

PRESTON NORTH END

Having finished his playing career with Preston North End, Moyes began coaching at Deepdale and got his maiden managerial opportunity at the club when Gary Peters left in January 1998.

Struggling at the foot of Division Two at the time, Moyes steadied the ship and led the Lilywhites to safety before reaching the play-offs the following campaign. Not satisfied with that top six finish, the Scotsman went one better a year later as North End lifted the Division Two title with an impressive 95 points on the board.

Perhaps his greatest achievement at the club was still to come, though. The following season, his team were 90 minutes away from promotion to the Premier League when, after a fourth-place finish, Bolton Wanderers beat them in the play-off final.

EVERTON

Following a terrific four years in charge of Preston, Merseysiders Everton came calling when fellow Scot Walter Smith left in March 2002. Under Moyes’ guidance, the threat of relegation which existed when he was appointed disappeared and the Blues finished 15th.

In his first full campaign in charge at Goodison Park, Moyes was named LMA Manager of the Year after finishing seventh in the Premier League – the Toffees’ best finish for seven years.

In 2004/05, despite losing Wayne Rooney to Manchester United, Moyes’ Everton again surpassed all expectations as they booked a place in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers having secured a fourth-place Premier League finish, pipping rivals Liverpool by three points.

From 2006 onwards, Moyes’ side finished in seventh-place or better every season excluding the 2009/10 term, when they were a spot worse off, until he left for Manchester United.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Upon legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement at Old Trafford, it was announced in May 2013 that Moyes was to be the next man to take the club forward. In August, he lifted the Community Shield after a 2-0 Wembley win over FA Cup winners Wigan Athletic.

In the Champions League, United progressed through their group, finishing top and remaining unbeaten, and a 3-2 second round aggregate victory over Olympiacos followed. Bayern Munich were the Red Devils’ opponents in the quarter-finals, however, and were 4-2 winners.

Moyes left the club in April 2014 and took six months out of management.

REAL SOCIEDAD

After three managerial jobs in England, Moyes ventured abroad and to Spain to take charge at Real Sociedad in November 2014. His moment to remember at Anoeta Stadium came when, in the New Year, Barcelona visited but were beaten 1-0 as Sociedad put in a stubborn defensive display to hold onto their second-minute lead.

La Real, who were 15th in La Liga when Moyes took over, finished the season in 12th. Almost exactly a year after his appointment, the former Celtic defender left the club.

SUNDERLAND

Moyes made a return to the Premier League last July, taking over the reins in the north east at Sunderland from former Hammers boss Sam Allardyce, and left the Black Cats in May.
Talk about putting a positive spin on things...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Dreadful appointment.
WHU are pretty much resigned to a relegation battle already, they needed to appoint a no-nonsense manager with a track record of saving clubs from the drop.

I know the options are limited, but why would you choose a man who most recently got a team relegated while basically embarassing the club and their fans in the process - ie - claiming they were in a relegation dogfight before a ball had been kicked, publicly slagging off his squad etc.

I just don't see Moyes as a manager with backbone and fighting spirit. Which is exactly what WHU do NOT need right now - mark my words, they're in for a struggle of a season.
They sacked him a couple of years ago because they felt they could do better than his brand of football. That has gone well, then.

AlBor

Supports
Red Star, Belgrade
This decision by West Ham is similar to buying a full truck of used chinese VHS players with genuine intent to make money on the resale value. You don't see these types of scenarios anymore since they stopped making new episodes of "Only fools and horses"