David Neres linked to United by Daily Mail

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

Link to article -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Manchester-United-Brazilian-David-Neres.html

Not the best of Sources but it would be a great purchase, Very exciting young player,in a position we need and a player with huge huge potential. Has been tearing it up in the dutch league recently . He has 19 goals and assists in 1149 minutes , that is one goal or assist every 60 mins and this is his first real season in europe. Somethings in this video remind me of cristiano in his debut season for us. There was no real thread on him so decided to make this one.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Even Memphis had a more proven track record before coming over and see that turned out. The Dutch league is way too hit & miss the past decade.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even Memphis had a more proven track record before coming over and see that turned out. The Dutch league is way too hit & miss the past decade.
I think even in the past it was hit and miss. You could end up with a van Nistelrooy, Suarez or a Robben, or you might get a Kezman or an Alfonso Alves. The latter two had insane records over there iirc.

Devil may care

The Dutch league is so poor it's hard to gauge a player that shines there, depends on the price.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think even in the past it was hit and miss. You could end up with a van Nistelrooy, Suarez or a Robben, or you might get a Kezman or an Alfonso Alves. The latter two had insane records over there iirc.
I had the impression that back in the RVN days, the quality of the players were more translatable into the EPL. I cant think of one success story right now.

Mcking

He's better than Memphis imo, he's a very good dribbler that scores and creates.
Although Memphis scores more goals and has a better shot, Neres betters him in creativity, dribbing, passing, movement and decision making.
I wouldn't want him though, as I'm sceptical of signing players that plays in european leagues outside the top 5. Maybe we should sign him, keep/send him on loan and sign another RW to be a starter for now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I had the impression that back in the RVN days, the quality of the players were more translatable into the EPL. I cant think of one success story right now.
Cant say I watched any of it. Though if the likes of Kezman were breaking records over there it can't have been all that, surely?

SaboTaj

I’m not sure if this is the right time to go for him, but I’d definitely prefer a winger of his ilk over someone like Malcom.

Norris

Depends on the deal. I don't mind bringing in a player with potential. We need some improvement on the right.

NotQuiteManc

I prefer someone who is ready to play for United and take the team to another level. I have nothing against recruiting potentials, but the team is in need of major improvements and catching up to do before giving chances to another youngster. Players that would come in and perhaps instantly plays well and cohesively with the main team. Having said that, that Sanchez fella is not doing too badly at Spurs.

Ace of Spades

There is no problem in snapping up young talents quickly and then loaning them. Depends on the player, Memphis did not look like the winger we needed. Good goal scorer, but not a great dribbler nor veey creative.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Think we should do a chelsea, buy him and put him on loan, see how he developes and then go from there. Chelsea do this with many players and get good players or good deals for them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Kid obviously has something. I wouldn’t be averse to doing a deal and then sending him straight to France to step his game up.

Zoo

Feels like our name has been tagged on as clickbait.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's clear wide players are top priorities for us so I'm sure we'll be keeping tabs on him. However I understand why people are feeling burned after Memphis.

Charles Miller

Someone like Malcom(mentioned here) is "just" a very good player with some specific weapons developed in trainning that he doesnt had as a U-17, like long ranges, free kicks, etc. Hes very mature for his age too.

David Nered is very different. Neres is an instinctive player with an arsenal of tricks, skills and flair we can see that are natural. Hes got those weapons since the youth level. But is one of the most non-EPL players out there.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
There is no problem in snapping up young talents quickly and then loaning them. Depends on the player, Memphis did not look like the winger we needed. Good goal scorer, but not a great dribbler nor veey creative.
I think the era of snapping up young talents and loaning them back is slowly dying, these young players are starting to cost a heck of a lot of money, it's not so bad when you're spending 5m or so on a player and loaning back for experience, but Neres will cost around 30m, it just isn't a viable option these days.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Talented kid, nowhere near good enough for the prem, let alone United.

red thru&thru

Eriksen?
Vertongen?
D. Sanchez has been decent.

But on the whole, buying direct from the Dutch league is very much a miss, rather than a hit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Saw him for the first time the other day and he really impressed me, but then again Ajax were dominant.

Probably not ready for us yet, but he's the type of exciting wide player we need.

Ducklegs

I could tear it up in the dutch league, its not really much of a benchmark.

Scholsey2004

Looks to have great feet and eight goals and nine assists in just thirteen league starts is impressive. Imo looks a better prospect than kluivert. I'd have a punt on him.

Ducklegs

I’m comfortable in suggesting that you really couldn’t, but your point is a valid one.
If you are having a hard time deciphering posts that feature content that is intended for comedic effect I can flag them in some way.

Perhaps a picture of a emu, or packet of Tesco value digestive biscuits.

It can be our secret code.

RRCE

If you are having a hard time deciphering posts that feature content that is intended for comedic effect I can flag them in some way.

Perhaps a picture of a emu, or packet of Tesco value digestive biscuits.

It can be our secret code.
I’ll do the same for you, my friend. Relax.

Sjaakmeoff

There's a big difference between players from Holland and scouted players. Because of the lack of money we have to be creative with scouting. Players for under 10-15mio Euro's is all we can pay. Davinson Sanchez is a good example. Bought for 8, sold for 40 a year later. And i think he's doing quite well. Easily worth half a Van Dijk.

I don't think Neres is ready for a club like United. But don't underestimate the guy. He looks sloppy (a bit like Suarez), but he's very effective.

twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/946796118574354432 (still can't post links)