David Squires In The Guardian | 21st Feb: The battle to take over Manchester United

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It's Squiresday again: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-citys-dominance-and-football-whataboutery

The 'cut out and keep picture of Vincent Kompany' panel after the the ones about the anti-City media conspiracy :lol:

(and is that Ned Stark with his head sewn back on in one of the last panels? Is Sean Bean a Sheffield United supporter or something?

Ah, found it, he was born in Sheffield)
Didn't he have a movie where he's a drunk that plays for Sheiffield United and he actually scores against us?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Didn't he have a movie where he's a drunk that plays for Sheiffield United and he actually scores against us?
That's where my knowledge of english pop culture is definitely overreached, I'm just a poor continental :D
No idea how Squires does all this from the other side of the globe.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's where my knowledge of english pop culture is definitely overreached, I'm just a poor continental :D
No idea how Squires does all this from the other side of the globe.
Presumably from spending an extraordinary amount of time on English twitter. I spend too much time on there myself but he always has a twitter in joke or two in his cartoon that go right over my head.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
They are mildly amusing, not multiple green smiley rip snortingly hilarious.
For me it's exactly his understated kind of humor that, at times, has the power to really crack me up with actual audible laughter ^^

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I get the impression he's not a big Liverpool fan. Karius as the streaker though, and Kane in VvD's pocket :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Not a major fan but that was the best cartoon I've seen from him. :lol:

"Ere boss, you better look at this" :lol:

Robertd0803

The Suarez panel from the worst people in the west was fantastic :lol::lol::lol::lol: July 2nd edition I think?

Pogba and Lingard :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-squires-on-jacob-rees-mogg-world-of-football

The comments are where it's at

Well, that was worth waiting for. Brilliant, Mr Squires, on the Gunnersaurus scale, it's a nine.
Sorry but Mr Rees-Mogg no longer accepts decimalised measurements, convert your scale to glorious British imperial marks or be denounced as an unpatriotic Brexit saboteur
In that case, it's two gills, nine groats and a hogshead.. out of seventeen bovates.
...and it's Mr Esquires to you

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Klopp’s Stanley Park coffee mug :lol:

“Daylight...betwix the attacker and the last man” :lol:

freeurmind

weak willed
This week's last panel is a must read for those who continue to defend the actions of our owners.