David Squires In The Guardian | 21st Feb: The battle to take over Manchester United

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It’s a centre-left paper and has always been a leftist paper since it was founded in the 1820s (as the Manchester Guardian initially, subsequently changing its name).

It’s provided the only continuous, significant mainstream leftist voice in the UK since it was founded (in opposition to the majority of the mainstream UK broadsheets and tabloids which have always been conservative, right of centre papers).

Squires‘ politics from what I’ve seen has been in keeping with that political stance.
Thanks, nice summary

justsomebloke

I love Squires. In the nature of things, you don't always agree with him, but he's a always a laugh. Particular favorites were Jordan Pickford being tied to a chair and forced to watch West Brom-Burnley as punishment for his assault on van Dijk, and the Mourinho-Solskjær episode when Mourinho, overcome by the christmas spirit, decided to return as United manager, pinched Solskjær's cheek after exclaiming "oh look, an elf!" and then promptly changed his mind about the whole thing with the comment "show papa the cheese" when presented with a huge bag of money to make him leave. His books are good too.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I love Lego Arteta almost as much as Emourinho. Also Maguire's unsettlingly large head :lol: