David Villa announces retirement

Bojan11

Will finish up with Vissel Kobe for the remainder of the season which is about 3 games left. He’s just bought some club in America, which he is going to focus on.

Surprised though as his goal scoring record in Japan is still good especially compared to what Torres was doing.

Spain would never have won the World Cup without him.

Apokalips

Fabulous forward. Not the same after his broken leg, but one of my faves in his prime.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I remember back when he was coming through at Valencia, along with David Silva and Mata. Thought these 3 will make it big, and they all did, albeit to different extents.

Cloud7

I remember back when he was coming through at Valencia, along with David Silva and Mata. Thought these 3 will make it big, and they all did, albeit to different extents.
To be fair, Villa and Silva will both go down among the best players of their generation.

Mike Smalling

One of my favourite strikers. The timing of his runs and his finishing ability was exceptional! Such a big part of Spains succes in Euro 2008 and WC 2010.

pastyfool

Have watched him this season at Vissel. For a guy who is almost 38 he's still able to make great runs/find space.

Great career. Great player.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
David Villa aging was the first huge blow to Barcelona. Neymar was more technically gifted, but Villa's objectivity and determination made him a player who would show up at the decisive moments.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
One that got away. Fabulous player and one who seems to be slightly underappreciated.

GlasgowCeltic

Became underrated and overshadowed after Torres exploded at Liverpool, was the better player of the two

Alfie092

Wasn't he heavily linked to us around a decade ago before he went to Barcelona? He was a striker a desperately wanted to sign in the summer of 2018 when we signed Berbatov.

stu_1992

Wasn't he heavily linked to us around a decade ago before he went to Barcelona? He was a striker a desperately wanted to sign in the summer of 2018 when we signed Berbatov.
Jeez I know our lot aren't exactly setting the world alright, but I'm not sure Berba or Villa would have been much use to us last year. ;)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will never forget his goal against us. Knew it was in before he kicked it. You don't give a player like that space to adjust his body for a shot. He will score.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn’t realise he won the league with Atleti too.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
When you saw him cut inside from the left to shoot without opposition, you could almost count it in.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
David Villa aging was the first huge blow to Barcelona. Neymar was more technically gifted, but Villa's objectivity and determination made him a player who would show up at the decisive moments.
However good was Villa, Suarez and Neymar were definite upgrades. It was the decline of Xavi and, eventually, Iniesta, that changed their style (yet they've managed to win another treble in a fascinating fashion).

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wanted him here so badly when both he and Silva were linked to us :drool:
One of the smartest strikers around.

lysglimt

Scout
I remember the one summer where he was heavily linked with us - I was hoping.

Just noticed he scored 376 goals in 752 matches - so exactly 0,50 goal pr game ratio during almost 20 years….

thepolice123

However good was Villa, Suarez and Neymar were definite upgrades. It was the decline of Xavi and, eventually, Iniesta, that changed their style (yet they've managed to win another treble in a fascinating fashion).
I think Suarez is the better forward but it is highly debatable whether will Neymar perform better under Pep.