Davide Petrucci

Cevno

I read on twitter something about a hamstring injury? but that should not keep him out all season?.
Yeah, injured his hamstring. Missed a game and then came back too early next weekend. Had to be substituted in the first half and probably did more damage.

Nani also had a hamstring injury which kept him out for long this season.

I think that both him and Macheda will leave in the summer. I think they both had the talent to be great at a club like United, but sometimes luck is against you.
Macheda has already said he is leaving, but makes more sense for Petrucci so stay patient and do a Gibson if you like for 1/2 years. Otherwise unless he gets a club which has faith in him and plays him regularly at a decent level, he can drop down the ladder.

Maybe Ole can take him to Molde, if Eikrem moves on ?

Will Absolute

I don't see why he should leave. He signed a new contract last summer, and if we can arrange a new premiership loan next season, he's still plenty young enough for a career at United. It depends on how much faith the club have in him.

Cevno

He signed a 3 year deal, no? That shows quite a bit of faith considering his injury problems and reportedly there were Italian teams interested. SAF was there watching him for his first game for Peterborough too.

PS18

Can't see us sorting a loan to a Prem club next season, not from the start of it anyway. The Peterborough chairman saying 'he won't play for us again this season' makes me wonder if there's already been talk of him returning there next term - would make perfect sense if they stay up.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
He seemed fantastic in the little highlights I saw of him from the final.

The Neviller

He had a good game in the final. Took his goal well, also played one beautiful little dink pass to set up a chance for Pingping. Looked tidy as always on the ball, and stronger than when I've seen him previously. I'd like to see him get chances with us, he's definitely talented.

Genius Me!

He had a good game in the final. Took his goal well, also played one beautiful little dink pass to set up a chance for Pingping. Looked tidy as always on the ball, and stronger than when I've seen him previously. I'd like to see him get chances with us, he's definitely talented.

Yeah I think we're in agreement here. I'm not saying he's better talented than Pogba, because he's not, but he was outshining him that season IMO and I think he's deserving of a chance to prove what he's got. He's not young anymore either so I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him get a chance this year. He's definitely got a set of attributes.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Was hoping to see him on some part of the senior tour. Was he injured or just not considered?

Ringo 07

I think he's been penciled in as a squad player at best at utd...fergie wouldn't have gone in for powell if he fully believed in this kid

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I would seriously consider him, because his progress is maybe nothing of a boom but he continues series of good games in the reserves.

It really depends for how long Clev and Ando can stay fit and in form... Yeah, there goes another summer riddle for you.

jeston

Played well in Championship last season. Not sure why he's going to the Belguim second division..

Genius Me!

At least he can get some first team football under his belt.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
In last chance saloon by the looks of it - the likes of Powell, Cole and Lingard look to have a better chance now.

A little surprised he wasn't taken by a Champo club. Injury disrupted what was starting to look like a good loan at Peterboro last season.

He has plenty of quality on the ball but not sure his attitude is right. Let's hope he does well in Belgium.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Normally where we send players before we release them, or at least it has been in the last couple of years. Huge shame as the lad is very talented but has never truly recovered from that hip issue. Plus of course he would need to be registered this year

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
In last chance saloon by the looks of it - the likes of Powell, Cole and Lingard look to have a better chance now.

A little surprised he wasn't taken by a Champo club. Injury disrupted what was starting to look like a good loan at Peterboro last season.

He has plenty of quality on the ball but not sure his attitude is right. Let's hope he does well in Belgium.
I've not heard anything about a 'poor attitude'...kid seems pretty level headed to me.

He has missed the equivalent to three full seasons worth of football since joining us...at a really critical time in his development.

Sadly, most don't recover from that...

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I just can't see him making it with us - which surprises me considering how impressive he was a few years ago. I just think he's at the age now where he really should be at a loan at a PL team or at least being a squad player for us.

I think this one is done sadly.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I've not heard anything about a 'poor attitude'...kid seems pretty level headed to me.

He has missed the equivalent to three full seasons worth of football since joining us...at a really critical time in his development.

Sadly, most don't recover from that...
Lets hope that doesn't also occur to Will Keane...

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I just can't see him making it with us - which surprises me considering how impressive he was a few years ago. I just think he's at the age now where he really should be at a loan at a PL team or at least being a squad player for us.

I think this one is done sadly.
He is 22 in Oct and has only ever played 3 games at Senior level. Its been a career blighted by injuries. Hard to see him making it at United now.

NM

Let's hope he makes it somewhere at least. Hope United finds him a good club soon.

Genius Me!

Yeah, it might be hard to see, but if he goes and excels on loan then why not. It will just mean that we get him starting at a later age than we would have hoped.

I really have no idea if he will make it or not though, I'd love him too.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

What gave you that impression? From interviews anyway he always seems to have a wonderfully humble and positive attitude.

sincher

Sorry wasn't being clear. I don't think he has an 'attitude problem' as such but sometimes I watch him play and he doesn't look hungry enough. Maybe it's a confidence thing after the injury problems. For example in the recent match against Liverpool he did some good stuff on the ball but he let his head drop a bit and ended up showing a bit of petulance. Maybe there is frustration in there... he should not be playing reserve football at his age and he has the talent to do much more.

I am also not sure of his best position. Although he has the game for central midfield it looks to me like he wants to play further up... where currently januzaj and lingard are both outshining him. Never did a player need a loan more... bit disappointed it is only antwerp though as if he could just get a full season behind him in the championship I think he could yet be a premiership player... looking like a longer and longer shot.

Not having a go at him. He has been unfortunate... but maybe doesn't have the mentality to get over the setbacks.

Cristiano_RAFC

From a Royal Antwerp point of view, I'm delighted to see a player of his calibre joining us on loan from United. He's already in the squad for tonight's game against the league leaders Eupen, so I'll look out for him to see how he does if he gets some playing time.

sincher

It would be good to know how he gets on. You would hope he would be one of the best players in the division.

Name Changed

weso26
From a Royal Antwerp point of view, I'm delighted to see a player of his calibre joining us on loan from United. He's already in the squad for tonight's game against the league leaders Eupen, so I'll look out for him to see how he does if he gets some playing time.
Would this be on TV?

Minkaro

Can't find anything saying how he played though.

Cristiano_RAFC

I went to the game. Petrucci started the game and was subbed off halfway in the second half. You could see he has skills, but he needs to adapt to his teammates and them to him as well. He was sometimes giving the ball in the space, while the teammate was thinking he'd do something else, which caused loss of posession on a few occasions. Overall I think he'll be very good for Antwerp this year once he settles in.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I think he may be the Ravel-Pogba-Tunnicliffe era's Ben Thornley.

Shame.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Hasselbaink's Reds pledge

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is keen to continue Royal Antwerp's special relationship with Manchester United.
The Antwerp coach signed Davide Petrucci on loan this week to add to the number of Reds who have furthered their education at the Belgium club.
In an exclusive interview with MUTV's Thursday Focus show, the former Leeds, Chelsea and Middlesbrough star admits he is determined to benefit from the link-up with the Barclays Premier League champions.
"I work for Antwerp and they want to keep that link," Hasselbaink explained. "I'm going to enforce that.
"I'm going to enforce bringing youngsters over from Manchester United to us because a) I think it's good for the relationship and b) I think it is good for my team as well. It's always good to give youngsters the opportunity to play minutes.
"In the past, we've had a lot of Manchester United players - Danny Higginbotham and several others - and, when you speak to them, it has benefited them to come over and just stand on their own two feet and play matches. I think it's a good thing."
Petrucci made his debut in a goalless draw against AS Eupen in midweek and looks certain to be a star in the Belgian Second Division this term after injury cut short a spell with Peterborough United in the Championship last season.
"He's an extremely gifted football player," enthused Hasselbaink. "He's a good midfield player, highly technical, who played his first match for 70 minutes and did really well. He's going to be a big asset to our team.

"I'd seen lots of DVDs about him and seen how he plays and how he likes to play. I spoke to him before he came here and I spoke to Warren Joyce about him on several occasions.
"He is my type of player - a creative midfielder who can release the ball for the strikers and create something for himself as well. I like those kind of players."

Genius Me!

"I spoke to Jonny and he told me good things about Antwerp from when he was here," explained Petrucci to United's official website.

"So that was probably one of the reasons I came here plus the manager is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who was a great player. That was an extra motivation for me so that's why I came.

"I am at the age where I need to play. Reserves football is fantastic when you are young but for us, me especially, I played there for a few years and won everything every year. I needed that step up. I couldn't do more than we have done already.

"I think it's not easy for David Moyes because he's just arrived and needs to have more focus on the first team. It's understandable but I need to think about myself and try to play as well as I can. Hopefully, he will see that and I will come back.

"You need to believe all the time - otherwise there is no point to play football, you know. If you don't believe in yourself, it is better not to play. I hope I can come back to United and play for the first team."
I really like Petrucci and I'm glad to see that he still has hopes of playing for United. The odds are against him of course, but if he has that determination and desire to succeed then he really has to take his chance on loan and be a stand out player. After next years World Cup you'd expect a few more of the youngsters go on tour so hopefully he comes back and goes on tour again and shines.

Of course it's an uphill battle for him, and you'd say age is a factor against him but it's not his fault he missed out a lot of football due to injury. As long as he's got the determination, this no reason why he can't be a 'late bloomer', not every kid has to make it before they're 20.