Davide Petrucci

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I liked him more than Pogba in reserves. Cracking talent, poor physique.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I think Pogba was a bigger talent, but I do think Petrucci was playing the better football out of the 2 in Pogba's final year in reserves for us. Petrucci did well on tour for us as well.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Very good performance from him last night, we controlled the game well for large periods and he was central to that as well as grabbing the goal that won the game.

evil_geko

Promote him to the first team!

He can't do worse than Cleverley, can he?!

Genius Me!

He was excellent yesterday, easily one of the best players on the pitch. I'm surprised at his development, he seemed quite promising on tour last season and he's noy exactly young anymore.

He should get a chance to play in a midfield 3 I reckon.

Keenst

Those highlights are impressive. Has he any chance of getting in the first team squad this year?

Ringo 07

If no premier league team is willing to take him on loan then he's obviously not good enough for our first team right now........cleverley looked top class for wigan during his premier league loan

Keenst

It probably wouldn't be fair to play him in our abomination of a midfield anyway.

Genius Me!

If no premier league team is willing to take him on loan then he's obviously not good enough for our first team right now........cleverley looked top class for wigan during his premier league loan
Really? Is that the measuring stick for how good our youngsters are? He was at Royal antwerp for half the season and I dont suppose the rest of the premier league teams send their scouts there often if at all.

If it wasn't gor injury he'd have been a first team player by now I reckon. In Pogba's last season with us he was outplaying him as well so I'm surprised that he hasn't gone onto a better club than the one he already was at.

SATA

He seems to be here for about ten years yet he hasn't make the step up from the first team as yet, especially when you see Januzaj at 18 already in it

Edit: From the clip, he seems to be playing in CM. Is he a natural CM?

dev1l

imo he s not first team material yet. He reminds me of a young carrick though.

Genius Me!

He seems to be here for about ten years yet he hasn't make the step up from the first team as yet, especially when you see Januzaj at 18 already in it

Edit: From the clip, he seems to be playing in CM. Is he a natural CM?
Yes he is, he can play from deep can play behind the striker.

But check out his range of passing, we have to promote him. At least give him a chance, he can be a squad player for us and save us a good 20 million I reckon.

SATA

Yes he is, he can play from deep can play behind the striker.

But check out his range of passing, we have to promote him. At least give him a chance, he can be a squad player for us and save us a good 20 million I reckon.
I would love to see that. He seems to have the build and tenacity for it coupled with a decent amount of technique. Certainly can't do worst than Tom Cleverley. Come on Moyesy

jeston

Short interview with manutd.com
Petrucci craving a chance
United's Italian midfielder Davide Petrucci spoke exclusively to ManUtd.com...

How did you find your loan spell at Royal Antwerp. Was it difficult moving to Belgium?
I enjoy having new experiences all the time. I didn't mind being in another country but the football was a bit different and more physical. I did enjoy the whole experience, which was good.

Were you unable to feature in your best position?
It was just that sometimes I played out wide and sometimes behind the striker but running beyond him and that is not really my game. However, if the coach tells you to do something, you just try to do it.

Are you pleased to have returned to United?
It's always good to be back here but, for me, I am at an age where another loan would be good and a move somewhere else to play first-team football. For the moment, I'm here and will see what happens next.

You were clearly one of the best players in the league a couple of years ago...
Well, all the team did very well and it felt very good. It felt great to be a part of it as captain and I scored goals and made assists. We won the league so it was a good year for me.

A couple of colleagues have moved on recently - do you wish Larnell Cole and Ryan Tunnicliffe well?
I think they proved themselves at this age in this league and needed a new challenge. It could be good for them to go to Fulham and play.

Coach Warren Joyce feels you need to be playing against older professionals at this stage of your development..
Warren likes that and that is why he trains us hard every day but I do think it's a good league in the Under-21s, especially for the
younger players coming up. I've had a couple of loans for experience in Peterborough and Antwerp. When you play for the first team, it's a completely different feeling playing with men, in front of a big crowd. It gives you a lift even more so I want to go out and play.

You have always had the burning ambition to play for United. Does that remain?
Obviously it's still a dream for me to play here. I've never really had the chance. I hope one day that I am given a chance to show if I can do something or not. I think if you are given an opportunity to show what you can do, it's down to you. Many young players have a chance and some take it while some don't. I never really had one. I hope one day that I do get it.

Tom Thorpe went out on loan and was injured on his debut for Birmingham - you had a similar setback at Peterborough so do you sympathise with him?
Yes. Sometimes luck is more important than the talent in football.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...e=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Brophs

The One and Only
Petrucci craving a chance
United's Italian midfielder Davide Petrucci spoke exclusively to ManUtd.com...

How did you find your loan spell at Royal Antwerp. Was it difficult moving to Belgium?
I enjoy having new experiences all the time. I didn't mind being in another country but the football was a bit different and more physical. I did enjoy the whole experience, which was good.

Were you unable to feature in your best position?
It was just that sometimes I played out wide and sometimes behind the striker but running beyond him and that is not really my game. However, if the coach tells you to do something, you just try to do it.

Are you pleased to have returned to United?
It's always good to be back here but, for me, I am at an age where another loan would be good and a move somewhere else to play first-team football. For the moment, I'm here and will see what happens next.

You were clearly one of the best players in the league a couple of years ago...
Well, all the team did very well and it felt very good. It felt great to be a part of it as captain and I scored goals and made assists. We won the league so it was a good year for me.

A couple of colleagues have moved on recently - do you wish Larnell Cole and Ryan Tunnicliffe well?

I think they proved themselves at this age in this league and needed a new challenge. It could be good for them to go to Fulham and play.

Coach Warren Joyce feels you need to be playing against older professionals at this stage of your development..

Warren likes that and that is why he trains us hard every day but I do think it's a good league in the Under-21s, especially for the younger players coming up. I've had a couple of loans for experience in Peterborough and Antwerp. When you play for the first team, it's a completely different feeling playing with men, in front of a big crowd. It gives you a lift even more so I want to go out and play.

You have always had the burning ambition to play for United. Does that remain?
Obviously it's still a dream for me to play here. I've never really had the chance. I hope one day that I am given a chance to show if I can do something or not. I think if you are given an opportunity to show what you can do, it's down to you. Many young players have a chance and some take it while some don't. I never really had one. I hope one day that I do get it.

Tom Thorpe went out on loan and was injured on his debut for Birmingham - you had a similar setback at Peterborough so do you sympathise with him?
Yes. Sometimes luck is more important than the talent in football.
At this stage it's getting harder to see him getting a chance. I like him as a footballer but I'm not sure he's ready to displace the likes of Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Fellaini or even someone like Nick Powell, when he comes back from his loan. Whether he can ever be ready without getting first team football at a decent level is the question.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Just need to trust him. All of them. For as much as Zaha is a tit for that instagram his point stands, so many young players just want a manager to believe in them. In my opinion he has all the talent to make it here.

arthurka

I think we need to give him a chance.. If it doesnt work out we could let him go.

Nickosaur

22 now, but he did have a lot of injuries that set his development back. I'd like to see him given a chance, as when I've seen him for the U21s recently he's looked good.

Gerald G

For the benefit of his career I think he should move on in the summer. He won't make it here. Struggles when the game is being played at a fast tempo but will thrive when the game is being played at a slow tempo and when players fail to close him down. I'd like to see him given a chance but I don't see where that will happen.

Getsme

I'm not going to pretend that I know an awful lot about him, but from what I've read on here is, when he's on his game he's brilliant.
Would it not be worth the risk to give him a game? We have very little to lose this season so the gamble wouldn't be as big as it usually is this time of year.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'm not going to pretend that I know an awful lot about him, but from what I've read on here is, when he's on his game he's brilliant.
Would it not be worth the risk to give him a game? We have very little to lose this season so the gamble wouldn't be as big as it usually is this time of year.
Well, Moyes seems to prefer a disciplined and defensive minded CM to a creative one. Anderson, for all his faults, is a better midfielder than Petrucci, more creative and better defensively, but he couldn't get a look in.

Who knows what would happen, but I can't see Moyes giving him that shot. And I don't really think he's even shown enough to warrant it.

Getsme

Well, Moyes seems to prefer a disciplined and defensive minded CM to a creative one. Anderson, for all his faults, is a better midfielder than Petrucci, more creative and better defensively, but he couldn't get a look in.

Who knows what would happen, but I can't see Moyes giving him that shot. And I don't really think he's even shown enough to warrant it.
Fair enough, as I said I don't know enough about him so I'll take your word for it :)

devil in me

He seems to have been around for feckin ages, without really doing a lot outside of the youth teams/reserves. Its very difficult to see how he is going to be given a chance in the first team, especially seeing as he is now 22. I think that he will be gone in the summer, and he needs to move on for the benefit of his career.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he should have been given a chance a couple of years back, but I worry he may have stagnated to a degree now. I think we now have younger, more impressive players in Andreas and Powell

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think he should have been given a chance a couple of years back, but I worry he may have stagnated to a degree now. I think we now have younger, more impressive players in Andreas and Powell
Agree with the last sentence but I'm not sure when we should have given him a chance. He wasn't ready before his injury nightmare and he hasn't looked good enough since. However, he's been better this season than last so hopefully he'll take another few steps and have a good career, even if it's highly unlikely to be at United.