Davide Petrucci

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
How much can we expect to see of him next season? Will he be ready for regular reserve football?

From what I've seen and read on here, he looks to be a very good player. No wonder Roma were gutted to lose him.

Sorry if there's another thread on him, I had a look but couldn't see one.

Decotron

Might see him in the Carling cup next season. Still v young and has players ahead of him in the pecking order. In terms of our squad Id gladly accept any offer over 6/7million for Frazier Campbell and promote him. One thing im pretty certain about is you wont see him sent on loan. Theres a few clips on Youtube (thanks mainly to a Caftard whos name escapes me at the moment)

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Might see him in the Carling cup next season. Still v young and has players ahead of him in the pecking order. In terms of our squad Id gladly accept any offer over 6/7million for Frazier Campbell and promote him. One thing im pretty certain about is you wont see him sent on loan. Theres a few clips on Youtube (thanks mainly to a Caftard whos name escapes me at the moment)
Link? Also is it jsb???? something?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Recent assist, Zidane like

A few quailty touches in this match. Norwoods goal is amazing

Ive seen a few more but need to get back to work now!
Cheers for that.. I have seen those 2 though.. Are there any others? Thanks in advance..

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Nice goals set to beautiful music from his Roma days.

Virtuoso

Here's a video made only a few days ago of pretty much all of Davide Petrucci's goals for Man Utd so far since he signed for us in the summer -

Nice variety of goals there, from tap ins to scorchers.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Here's a video made only a few days ago of pretty much all of Davide Petrucci's goals for Man Utd so far since he signed for us in the summer -

Nice variety of goals there, from tap ins to scorchers.
That is very nice.. I hadn't seen a few of them before.. Did you make this?

Virtuoso

That is very nice.. I hadn't seen a few of them before.. Did you make this?
Nope, just stumbled across it really. I think whoever made it has just compiled various youtube clips of him into one video.

jb8521

Somebody put together all of mine and charleysurfs videos by the looks of it

cj_sparky

Petrucci looks like another cracking signing by Sir Alex, dare I say it he has a bit of Scholes about him. I think he'll definitely get some games time next season.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Any update on his injury, or when he is expected to be back? I had read on here (from PS18 i think) that is was a groin injury and that he would be back soon, but that seems to be ages ago now.

Virtuoso

He was at the Awards dinner last night sitting with Federico Macheda and the other Academy players by the way.

I'm surprised he didn't return a few weeks ago, but pretty sure he will be back by pre-season. He's probably nearing full fitness about now, the managerial staff may have felt it was better not to risk him at the end of the season and risk the injury becoming a persistent one - but I am only guessing.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

From his facebook - some of United's future stars*

*hopefully
Is it just me that can tell the difference between the 2 twins? I can easily tell the one on the left is Rafael and the one on the right is Fabio..

Nemesis-9

Ferguson predicts big future for Petrucci
by Adam Marshall , 21 May 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson has predicted a bright future for Davide Petrucci, last summer's capture from Roma.

The attacking midfielder was optimistically being dubbed 'The New Franceso Totti' in his homeland and his switch to Manchester United caused much consternation in the Eternal City.

However, it is fellow Italian Federico Macheda who has made the breakthrough and had a dramatic impact with his goals against Aston Villa and Sunderland.

In an interview with Corriere dello Sport, Ferguson was happy to speak about the talent emerging at United.

"Our young Italians? We have two and a half," he explained. "Macheda and Petrucci plus the naturalised Brazilian [Rodrigo] Possebon.

"The three are all talented and I can assure you that these kids have a bright future ahead of them.

"Macheda is a great striker and we are all getting to know his skills. He came together with Petrucci and neither of them spoke English but they went to school, studied and learned quickly.

"Petrucci is another very strong Roman boy. He is now struggling with an injury that has ruled him out until the end of the season but he has great potential and will do well."

Link.

-

Too bad about the injury. I was hoping he would get a cameo vs. Hull City. Out of all of our youngsters (maybe excluding Fafael), I feel Petrucci has the most potential; hopefully, he will get the chance to prove himself next season. It would be shame if he gets buried in this huge squad without a chance to breakthrough.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
"He came together with Petrucci"...? Considering they didn't arrive during the same summer that quote freaks me out.

cj_sparky

This kid is so in the Scholes mould. His ball for Brandy's goal against Blackburn, is so special.

datura

This kid is so in the Scholes mould. His ball for Brandy's goal against Blackburn, is so special.
He runs with the ball better than Scholesy though and looks more at home in the 'hole' than in centre midfield. He is also a decent free kick taker. It was a shame when he got injured as he was just starting to establish himself in the reserves after bedding in well at Academy level and scoring some spectacular goals.

One of the most impressive things about him, and the sign of any really good player, is that he always seems to have time on the ball. Looking forward to seeing him play again this season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
From next season, Fergie should give him some play time in the first team, to slowly bed him in.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
does anyone know if he has fully recovered from his injury/going on the asia tour?
Surely he must be fit by now...? I'd fecking love it if he went to Asia, but he'll probably take part in the reserves' pre-season.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
anybody have any clue where this kid is?

Obvioulsy not on the asian tour, and wasn't involved with the reserves the other day.

Any ideas at all?