Day 1: Qatar vs Ecuador - Match Discussion Only Please.

Red Star One

No respect for their culture of keepers being allowed to foul players
Westerners responsible for colonialism (today it’s Ecuador) are again expecting everyone to play by their rules instead of respecting local culture. Terrible truly. Reminds me of workers abuse in Canada, they talked about it on Russia Today.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Qatar can’t get a grip on the game at all. Physically and technically miles behind

stw2022

Highlight so far was seeing referee holding arm up to indicate first goal was offside and Dion Dublin saying "maybe he's seen a push on the keeper"

Devil81

This is one of the worst displays I've seen for years at this level.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Confirmed that every sound is from the speaker?Even if don't other clubs actually do it in the EPL and other leagues too?
Wander this discussion into whatever side street you want, it’s a poor atmosphere.

Many WC games are. You’re not going to get 20,000 Ecuadorians in there and another 20,000 Qatar supporters. It was never going to be a cauldron.

But if you need me to say it… no, I do not believe that every single sound is from a speaker. Nor do I care if EPL teams do it (almost all, don’t).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're at the point now where I can't tell if this is serious or not..
go back and watch the free kick? they were all onside ? there was no flick ons? so how can he be offside

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So the corrupt ref is awarding a pen against qatar ?

This doesn't bode well for the ongoing conspiracy theory.
There is only so much cheating you can do. Keeper tried his best to touch the Ecuador player

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hold on a bit. That's when the ball is already in the box not when the ball was played. Everybody was clearly on side when the freekick was took.
exactly. they’re showing a freeze frame from a direct ball into the box

Smacky The Frog

Whatever plan Qatar had going in, their keeper has absolutely ruined that. All of them look completely overwhelmed and nervous now.

Parma Dewol

Ecuador look the much better side. Would be nice to see Qatar get a goal at their own World Cup, but they’re struggling to have any impact. Always feels as though the pressure weighs heavy on players in the host team, certainly seems that way here.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Ecuador look the much better side. Would be nice to see Qatar get a goal at their own World Cup, but they’re struggling to have any impact. Always feels as though the pressure weighs heavy on players in the host team, certainly seems that way here.
Nah, it'd be funny if they didn't.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Happy to get my prediction wrong as long as Ecuador smashes them in this match. My Ecuadoran friends are very happy but nervous right now!

Lyricist

Hold on a bit. That's when the ball is already in the box not when the ball was played. Everybody was clearly on side when the freekick was took.
The first aerial duel between the keeper and the Ecuadorian striker that later does the bicycle, that's where the image is from.
If the Ecuadorian striker touches the ball there, which it seems like he did, then the next Ecuadorian player to head it is offside. The image is taken at the right moment.