He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 1
Friday 11 June, 21.00 CET @ Stadio Olimpico, Rome
Group A
Ref: Danny Makkelie (Netherlands)​

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's go!! Very attractive looking fixture to start things off.

My one worry for the Euros is fatigue tbh. Fear some countries like England will be fecked because of the schedule their players have played leading up to the euros.

Kearnkoff69

Turkey is tough and Yilmaz is coming off a great season, but can't see Italy losing.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Think Turkey will win. Very good Back 4 with Yilmaz, Demiral, Söyüncü and Celik. Calhanoglu is a very good player and Yilmaz has had a great season.

Last edited:

KC91

Not seen much of Italy, will Chiesa start? He's in my dreamteam ;)
Based on their last friendly, Berardi is likely to start.

This has potential to be a really good opening match, 3-1 to Italy.

MUFC OK

Italy to win and reach at least the semi finals, where they'll go out to france.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Opening matches always have surprises, if i was a betting man, i'd go for Turkey.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This could actually be a decent match, as far as I know Turkey aren't pushovers.

Okey

I like Italy a lot for this tournament. A midfield 3 of Veratti, Barella and Locatelli sounds super formidable on paper at least. They're my dark horses for the tournament. Probably not really that dark form wise.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
2-0

Immobile and Barella

slored1

I like Italy a lot for this tournament. A midfield 3 of Veratti, Barella and Locatelli sounds super formidable on paper at least. They're my dark horses for the tournament. Probably not really that dark form wise.
Can't be dark horses if they are everyone's secret favourites. They are regular horses now.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Lot of talk about Turkey being dark horses and could be a surprise package in this tournament. I haven't really got much of an opinion on that as i haven't really watched them. So i'll got for a 1-0 Italy win. Probably be a tight and cagey game.

FatTails

Turkey are good but they concede a lot of goals. I expect Italy to win this. Aznavour has really built a good team there.

2-1 Italy.

croadyman

Who are likely to be the other defenders outside of Chiellini & Bonucci as trying to pick some for Dream Team

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Italy conceded 1 goal in their last 10 matches. 2:0 for them

KC91

Who are likely to be the other defenders outside of Chiellini & Bonucci as trying to pick some for Dream Team
For Italy? Spinnazola, and Florenzi. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bastoni or Acerbi started over Chiellini either tbh.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Veratti is out I think.

Italy are a great shout for the whole thing, if they get a decent draw. Such a non Italian team too. Two creaking centre halves next to two attacking full backs, no top 9. Polar opposite of their normal set up. They’ll be fun to watch.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
We're heading into the Euros in great form, I hope the momentum takes us through to the semis at least. Mancini kinda worries me though, I hope he doesn't tinker too much with the winning formula.