Day 1: Turkey vs Italy

Ramos

Italy is ranked about 4th to win the whole thing according to the bookies and have been unbeaten for 27 games now, so yeah definitely wouldn't call them a dark horse. That's probably more appropriate for a team like say Denmark.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Italy to win, they really look good and exciting. I can see them being a big problem if they find momentum early.

Raredaredevil

I'm in Rome and I'm attending the game tomorrow. I actually plan to run onto the pitch. Can any resident Italian fans here living in Rome advise the repercussion?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm in Rome and I'm attending the game tomorrow. I actually plan to run onto the pitch. Can any resident Italian fans here living in Rome advise the repercussion?
Don't do it. I'm not Italian but you're a tourist in Italy why would you be so dumb to do something like that. It's like asking for trouble.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Pretty stoked it’s finally here. Really looking forward to an international game for the first time in 3 years.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Italy to win this but Turkey are decent and will give them a good test.

A tight 2-0.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Should be fine, as long as you do it fully naked.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looking forward to watching the Italian anthem again.

izec

Italy not optimal IMO. Had to replace Sensi and Pellegrini due to injuries with Passini and Castrovilli. Verratti will also miss 2 or 3 group games probably. Lets see how they start and if they have some momentum going into the knockout rounds, but Turkey first game is not an easy game for them.

RedorDead21

Let's go!! Very attractive looking fixture to start things off.

My one worry for the Euros is fatigue tbh. Fear some countries like England will be fecked because of the schedule their players have played leading up to the euros.
England always claim this. But only retrospectively. They’ve never been fitter and better positioned as a squad will be the current rhetoric. Once we go out players and manager will resort to more honest assessments...

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's a very interesting first match. I fancy Italy to have a good tournament but Turkey have some good players so it won't be an easy start for them.

gica_7

Turkey had teams with better players but as a group this team is a lot more mature than the past ones. I strongly expect our group to have a solid tournament. I even believe we can have a surprise result against Italy today.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Turkey had teams with better players but as a group this team is a lot more mature than the past ones. I strongly expect our group to have a solid tournament. I even believe we can have a surprise result against Italy today.
Who are your best players ?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Italy is ranked about 4th to win the whole thing according to the bookies and have been unbeaten for 27 games now, so yeah definitely wouldn't call them a dark horse. That's probably more appropriate for a team like say Denmark.
In fairness they were 11/1 and 7th fave about 10 days ago.

Not sure if that can still be classed dark horses mind.

Irwin99

How are Italy these days? (i'm really out of the international football loop). Every time I watch Verratti i'm always impressed but i'm struggling to think of their first team or how good it is.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Will there be fans in?

Struggling to get hyped for an international tournament for the first time ever cause I’m worried most of the games will be empty.

JJ12

How are Italy these days? (i'm really out of the international football loop). Every time I watch Verratti i'm always impressed but i'm struggling to think of their first team or how good it is.
Unbeaten in a while. Took maximum points in qualification and haven’t conceded in a while.

Jorginho, Veratti and Barella usually in midfield and they are very good together. I believe Veratti is going to miss a game or 2.

World class keeper. Ageing CB’s but potentially a young star in Bastoni.

Despite Immobile winning the golden shoe last year he has struggled for Italy (until now in my opinion)

Young promising wingers in Chiesa and Berardi. Insigne also very useful.

Should be a good tournament for them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Will there be fans in?

Struggling to get hyped for an international tournament for the first time ever cause I’m worried most of the games will be empty.
None of the games are in empty stadiums.

Irwin99

Unbeaten in a while. Took maximum points in qualification and haven’t conceded in a while.

Jorginho, Veratti and Barella usually in midfield and they are very good together. I believe Veratti is going to miss a game or 2.

Despite Immobile winning the golden shoe last year he has struggled for Italy (until now in my opinion)

Thanks. Sounds promising.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Thanks. Sounds very functional, but do they have anyone with a bit of magic about them?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I’d love if you guys could repeat 2008, that was such a fun team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’d love if you guys could repeat 2008, that was such a fun team.
Their 2002 team was quite something too - Sas, Sukur, Nihat, Emre, Rustu, Basturk etc.

Kaos

You do not like Turkish National team in general or is it just because of Erdogan?
Don't mean to make it political, but my background is Kurdish, so yeah I'm not entirely fond of Mr Erdogan. But I've always genuinely liked the Italian NT anyway. I'd probably root for Turkey if they played a team like Saudi Arabia though :D

KC91

Thanks. Sounds very functional, but do they have anyone with a bit of magic about them?
Missing Zaniolo through injury unfortunately.

Insigne and Chiesa are the two who are most likely to produce something out of nothing. Barella from MF as well provides a nice dynamic for them.

JJ12

Chiesa, Immobile or Barella I would look to for that even if Immobile hasn’t quite shown it on the international stage.