Day 1: Turkey vs Italy

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I can’t can’t remember an Italy team as lacking in quality as this one.
I know It's crazy how stacked they used to be and now you're watching bang average players who wouldn't even get a sniff at the National team 15 years ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yep, they’re a well versed team but I can’t see any real individual players quality aside from Immobile
Verratti, who is injured, and Chiesa. Barella is great too. Otherwise yeah, lots of very good players but no real standout

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Turkey have brought almost everyone back here. No matter what Italy tries to do out wide, there's no way for them to get a good cross in when Turkey has 3-5 players all in line in the box.

They need to get both Berardi, Barella, and Insigne on the ball in the middle more often. That most recent attack was much better with some good movement from Berardi.

Fratelli d'Italia
L'Italia s'é desta
Nell'elmo di Scipio s'é cinta la testa
Dové la vittoria
Le porga la chioma
Chè schiava di Roma
Iddio la creò

Stringiamci a coorte
Siam pronti alla morte
Siam pronti alla morte
L'Italia chiamò

And then we make it up :D
Why thank you :lol:

RoyH1

I can’t believe people are criticising Italy in this thread. At least they’re trying to score a goal and are dominating in possession. Turkey are just…I don’t even know what they’re trying to do.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I expected more from Turkey.
Few teams have looked even decent against us in ages. Granted, most of those were actually bad sides, but still. We're just really good at keeping the ball and winning it back quickly. If we had better forwards we'd win this thing outright

ryadmahrez

Yep, they’re a well versed team but I can’t see any real individual players quality aside from Immobile
Then you are a bit blind. Locatelli, Insigne and Barella are all quality players. They will pin every team in the tournament back in their half.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In our defence, it's a fecking long (war) anthem about stuff that happened 2 centuries ago!
I always imagined it was a kind of a rallying call that bonded the Italian society together. Sung proudly in unison at family functions etc. Come to find out people don't even know the fecking lyrics beyond the first couple of lines. Biggest let down I've had this week.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ozan Tosun does not look or play like a professional athlete. Is his dad President of Turkey or something?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Overall, the flow of this match hasn't been too much of a surprise. The only surprise has been how nervous Turkey has looked. They tend to play on the counter more, but whenever they've gotten on the ball, they've been afraid to break forward, and they've been sloppy for the most part.

Abraxas

I think Italy have looked good. Insigne should have buried that chance and then we're talking 1-0 and total domination. Chiellini has orchestrated things well.

In the long run having Immobile as the main man up top could be costly. Otherwise they're a good team on the ball, they'll always be capable of a good tactical game defensively, it's just the cutting edge against bigger sides that would be a concern.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Some lovely football from Turkey

Tony247

That's it. Signing off. Hope Southgate doesn't play 5 at the back formation on Sunday.

sillwuka

Few teams have looked even decent against us in ages. Granted, most of those were actually bad sides, but still. We're just really good at keeping the ball and winning it back quickly. If we had better forwards we'd win this thing outright
Who's your alternative for Immobile upfront?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Italy circulate the ball well but, man do they look toothless. Immobile and Insigne are two of those players with great reputation and stats in their league but on the limited viewing I’ve seen of them, I’ve never seen either do too well.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Italy circulate the ball well but, man do they look toothless. Immobile and Insigne are two of those players with great reputation and stats in their league but on the limited viewing I’ve seen of them, I’ve never seen either do too well.
Immobile is terrible. Darren Bent of continental football

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I always imagined it was a kind of a rallying call that bonded the Italian society together. Sung proudly in unison at family functions etc. Come to find out people don't even know the fecking lyrics beyond the first couple of lines. Biggest let down I've had this week.
It *is* a rallying call - about the unification. Which means it's about war

But yeah, we're not really the most patriotic of people :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Some nice football by Italy but they haven't been great in the final third

Deery

Dreary
Makes you wonder how much players give at club level when they’re blowing out their arse at National level after 30 minutes..

love Nationl level

National level

National

Level.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
For Turkey to get better, they have to move Yazici out wide and get Karaman off. Karaman has lost the ball on almost every occasion and is not even doing anything useful for Turkey.