Day 11: Australia vs Denmark | Tunisia vs France | Anti-Football vs Vargentina | Saudi Arabia vs Mexico

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 37
Wednesday 30 November, 15.00 GMT @ Al Janoub Stadium
Group D

Match 38
Wednesday 30 November, 15.00 GMT @ Education City Stadium
Group D

Match 39
Wednesday 30 November, 19.00 GMT @ Stadium 974
Group C

Match 40
Wednesday 30 November, 19.00 GMT @ Lusail Stadium
Group C​

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If Saudis beat Mexico, which seems doable, then Argentina needs a win. Correct? Could still all go wrong for Argies.

BorisManUtd

All 4 games could be interesting. 3 United players in Eriksen, Varane and Martinez featuring.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
According to TF1, France team should be: Mandanda - Camavinga, Konate, Varane, Pavard - Tchouaméni, Guendouzi, Fofana - Mbappé, Thuram, Coman. Pretty much as expected.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Saudi Arabia vs Mexico is interesting. Saudis are through if they win.

NoPace

According to TF1, France team should be: Mandanda - Camavinga, Konate, Varane, Pavard - Tchouaméni, Guendouzi, Fofana - Mbappé, Thuram, Coman. Pretty much as expected.
Camavinga at LB?

Would Guendouzi be the furthest forward of the mids?

BorisManUtd

Australia vs Denmark 0-2
Tunisia vs France 1-1
Poland vs Argentina 0-1
Saudi Arabia vs Mexico 1-1/2-1

Probably will be wrong with all of these results though.

MostHandsomePlayer

Worried about height. Would be interesting if, like Maradona did against Germany, Argentina plays 4 centerbacks in defense to make sure Poland doesn't score a header.

Swordsman

Which match to choose to watch for group C?

For group D I can skip France match as they have already qualified.

Will Denmark vs fake asian an interesting match ?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Poland v Argentina, of course. It could be Messi's last WC game, and even a win doesn't guarantee them passage if the Saudis thrash Mexico.

If France beats Tunisia as expected, then then a win sees Denmark through. I'd watch Denmark v Australia for Eriksen and Mejbri.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Camavinga at LB?

Would Guendouzi be the furthest forward of the mids?
Yea since Lucas Hernandez got injured Camavinga is the backup LB, he's the only leftie who can fit the position, I dont think he ever played there though, we'll see how it works. Fofana should be sitting the deepest with Tchouaméni and Guendouzi in front of him I suppose.

Kopral Jono

For group D I can skip France match as they have already qualified.

Very interesting, it's more or less a knockout match with Australia needing a draw to go through (because let's face it, Tunisia aren't going to beat France) and Denmark a win or elimination. I expect impostor AFC to put up a good fight and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they manage a draw. I still think Denmark will win comfortably, though.

Dudu

France will win comfortably.

Any of the other 3 games could be interesting..

Swordsman

Very interesting, it's more or less a knockout match with Australia needing a draw to go through (because let's face it, Tunisia aren't going to beat France) and Denmark a win or elimination. I expect impostor AFC to put up a good fight and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they manage a draw. I still think Denmark will win comfortably, though.
im rooting for the Danes, munching on Danish biscuit

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Stupid decision from Scaloni. Why change a winning team? Martinez was immense against Mexico.
He’s their best defender by a country mile. Bizarre. But I’m strangely happy about it because I’m quite keen for Argentina to go out in the group stage.

Gator Nate

Poland v Argentina, of course. It could be Messi's last WC game, and even a win doesn't guarantee them passage if the Saudis thrash Mexico.
If Argentina wins, they have 6 points over Poland's 4. A Saudi win puts them at 6 points, too, and GD determines group winner, but the Argies still advance.

A draw with Poland puts them on 4 points behind Poland's 5. If the Saudis won, they would win the group with 6 points and Poland in 2nd. A Saudi/Mexican draw would put Argentina in 2nd over KSA on GD. A Mexican win would put Mexico on 4 points and GD would determine 2nd.

If Argentina loses, they are out.

NoPace

Yea since Lucas Hernandez got injured Camavinga is the backup LB, he's the only leftie who can fit the position, I dont think he ever played there though, we'll see how it works. Fofana should be sitting the deepest with Tchouaméni and Guendouzi in front of him I suppose.
I'm surprised it's not just Kounde, even if you're sacrificing some attacking play. Could use him to help out the middle and push Griezmann a few yards higher.

Crazy that Ferland Mendy isn't there.

I guess I'll bet on Tchouameni to score if Fofana is the deepest since his odds might not get adjusted for that, whereas my guess is the betting lines have Guenzoudi priced as a normal #10.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Gut feeling

Poland/Argentina - draw
KSA win against Mexico
France/Tunisia - draw
Denmark win against Australia

40/1 :lol:

Think I'll just do a Poland/Argentina draw and KSA win double at 20/1

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Gut feeling

Poland/Argentina - draw
KSA win against Mexico
France/Tunisia - draw
Denmark win against Australia

40/1 :lol:

Think I'll just do a Poland/Argentina draw and KSA win double at 20/1
These odds don’t make sense unless France draw + Denmark win double is evens.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
These odds don’t make sense unless France draw + Denmark win double is evens.
Ah crap, you're right. I took the France win odds instead of the draw odds.

KSA - 4.75
Pol/Arg draw - 4.20
Denmark - 1.50
Tunisia/France draw - 4.50

134/1 :lol: (if my maths is correct)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Argentina will struggle to get chances tonight. I can see them bowing out

Mike Smalling

I have a feeling the Denmark-Australia game could turn out like the Tunisia game. Australia have the result they want from the start, and will be playing with high intensity and determination, which will only grow as the game goes on. Denmark has not shown a lot of cutting edge in attack, so might find it difficult to break them down.

I'm fearing a 0-0 might be on the cards here. Hope I'm wrong.

Jev

I have a feeling the Denmark-Australia game could turn out like the Tunisia game. Australia have the result they want from the start, and will be playing with high intensity and determination, which will only grow as the game goes on. Denmark has not shown a lot of cutting edge in attack, so might find it difficult to break them down.

I'm fearing a 0-0 might be on the cards here. Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, I'm not super optimistic either. In general, Hjulmand has been way too cautious this tournament. There was no need to have three CB's constantly behind the ball against Tunesia, we should have gone for a 4-3-3. It's the same against Australia, and I'm convinced we'll have three at the back again. It also bugs me that Hjulmand won't admit we're favourites and should be winning. Not one player from the Aussies would get into our squad and it'd be a fiasco if we didn't win. But I fear we won't.

Real Name

On paper Denmark is a favorite but the've been far from convincing.

As for Argentina you'd expect them to beat Poland but its been a huff and puff till now for them so anything can happen still.

RedDevilMachine

He’s their best defender by a country mile. Bizarre. But I’m strangely happy about it because I’m quite keen for Argentina to go out in the group stage.
I think Argentina will still beat Poland anyway without Martinez as Poland's midfield is too weak to feed Lewandowski. I doubt Saudi Arabia will beat Mexico so Argentina could still go through with a draw but Argentina better beat Poland to win this group as I don't see them beating France now at such an early stage in current form. They will only get better as they go deeper in the tournament.

SerendipityNow

Supports
Barcelona
Martinez not starting? Insanity. Rupaul had 16 ball losses against Mexico, he will probably start though.

So much wrong with this Argentina squad I dont know where to begin. But hearts will be broken today in Messi`s probably last dance.

Martinez, Molina, Otamendi, Martinez, Tagliafico, Mac Allister, Paredes, Enzo, Messi, Di Maria, Alvarez

Swordsman

On paper Denmark is a favorite but the've been far from convincing.

As for Argentina you'd expect them to beat Poland but its been a huff and puff till now for them so anything can happen still.
To be honest which team is so convincing, they will steamroll any team they faced ?

Most team are playing like Jekyll and Hyde.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
To be honest which team is so convincing, they will steamroll any team they faced ?

Most team are playing like Jekyll and Hyde.
France.

I'd be resting Mbappe and Tchouameni. Not sure why he'd even take the risk with either of them getting injured in what is a meaningless game.