Day 11: Australia vs Denmark | Tunisia vs France | Anti-Football vs Vargentina | Saudi Arabia vs Mexico

RedDevilRoshi

Oh Mexico. Damn really hoped they would do it.
Same. Gutted for them. France vs Mexico would have been a much more entertaining game to watch rather than the very one-sided, boring France vs Poland game to come now. The French couldn’t have asked for an easier R16 opponent.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I hope that's true. Poland looked so uninspiring and lewandowski invisible.
I think group stages are a bit different, you can take a draw or a loss sometimes. Now its knockout, they have to leave everything on the pitch so I really can't see them being so shit that they don't at least try and score.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Never known a team over the WC years to be literally hanging on to the arsehairs of their group like Poland have done here tonight.

El Zoido

Poland will come to life and wreck France in the next round. They’ve just been conserving energy so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You'd think Poland's fortunes would have been tied to Lewandowski, instead it's fecking scesny who carried them through

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Ugh. Poland are such a pointless team. Was hoping for either Saudi Arabia or Mexico to go through.

Houdini

I love these kind of thrillers :drool: . Poland deserve nothing but that's football. Mexico played at least one good match (still not enough). France - Poland will be a bloody harvest.

RedDevilMachine

A moment of prayer for all our Polish members here who have probably aged by 10 years for this match. I can't see how this Polish team can get anything against France, they will be destroyed. Best hope is they take a leaf out of the Swiss's playbook or park the bus for 120 minutes and go to penalties.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
How the Poland players were celebrating after that :lol:

Hope France thrash them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How the Poland players were celebrating after that :lol:

Hope France thrash them.
Why wouldn't they. It's the second time ever they qualified for the next round. Whinging about the manner of qualifying is exclusive to us Dutchers tyvm.

Cloud7

Man I hope Poland go crashing out of the tournament. Such an ugly team. Saudi would have been a much more entertaining team to have in the tournament going forward.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why wouldn't they. It's the second time ever they qualified for the next round. Whinging about the manner of qualifying is exclusive to us Dutchers tyvm.
It isn’t. We were even 3rd in 1974 and 1982. It’s the first time since 1986 though.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
It isn’t. We were even 3rd in 1974 and 1982. It’s the first time since 1986 though.
The 74 team was one of the best counter-attacking teams that I've ever seen in my life (I watch them on footballia). Lato's pace was amazing. Tbf, they had a chance to be world-champion.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I think group stages are a bit different, you can take a draw or a loss sometimes. Now its knockout, they have to leave everything on the pitch so I really can't see them being so shit that they don't at least try and score.
Yeah that's a good point. We have to hope they can raise their game now to make it interesting

diarm

The 74 team was one of the best counter-attacking teams that I've ever seen in my life (I watch them on footballia). Lato's pace was amazing. Tbf, they had a chance to be world-champion.
If Boniek hadn’t been suspended for the semi final, they had a good shot at beating Italy.

Red Star One

Although Polonia conceded two goals, I could still say that Szczęsny played well.
Two pens, both saved, talk about goalkeeper stealing the spotlight. He has pulled us through this group and I hope he gets some well deserved praise. I’m really ashamed of these performances but perhaps anti-football has the advantage of giving keepers time to shine. What a night and tournament for him :lol: