Day 12: Canada vs Morocco | Croatia vs Belgium | Costa Rica vs Germany | Japan vs Spain

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Match 41
Thursday 01 December, 15.00 GMT @ Al Thumama Stadium
Group F

Match 42
Thursday 01 December, 15.00 GMT @ Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Group F

Match 43
Thursday 01 December, 19.00 GMT @ Al Bayt Stadium
Group E

Match 44
Thursday 01 December, 19.00 GMT @ Khalifa International Stadium
Group E​

Swordsman

Japan team sayonara, go back Japan and eat sushi ?

Japan needs to beat Spain ( almost impossible)
Saudi needs to beat mexico (possible)
iran needs to beat usa ( possible)
Korea needs to beat portugal ( hmm difficult)

1 down 3 more to go for Asian team, ignoring fake Asian.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Go back to your padded cell and eat…..shit?

-

Hoping Costa Rica can put Germany out, but not counting on it. Also looking forward to the inevitable Belgian meltdown.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Japan team sayonara, go back Japan and eat sushi ?

Japan needs to beat Spain ( almost impossible)
Saudi needs to beat mexico (possible)
Korea needs to beat portugal ( hmm difficult)

1 down 3 more to go for Asian team, ignoring fake Asian.

Dafuq is this

Kopral Jono

You know what, it's not outside the realm of possibility for Japan to edge Spain tomorrow.

Irwin99

I'm not sure I fancy Belgium to make it to be honest. Need some of their big players to step up but this teams looks finished. Croatia's midfield looks fantastic as usual.

Germany should do it in their group.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Belgium's dressing room is probably toxic at the moment so I reckon they won't get a desired result against Croatia.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Could be completely wrong but I've got a feeling our players will want to prove something tomorrow.

Maybe Croatia is just too good for us at the moment but with their backs against the wall, after all that's (falsely or rightly) been written, I feel they won't go down without a fight.

It's also basically impossible to disappoint us any harder than they did against Morocco so I'm surprisingly optimistic about our game so far.

BorisManUtd

Croatia should beat Belgium atm.

Don't think Japan have what it takes to beat Spain and even if they take a point, it won't be enough as I expect Germany to show up and beat Costa Rica with 3 goal difference.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Should Belgium start Doku and Trossard?
Yes. Ideal line-up would look like this imo:

Courtois
Castagne Alderweireld Vertonghen Theate
Tielemans Dendoncker
Doku KDB Trossard
Lukaku
That's if Lukaku is fit enough to start of course. We need pace on the wings and Doku-Trossard provide exactly that, plus an added goalscoring threat. Dendoncker provides energy and intensity in midfield, such a damn shame Onana is out for this one. However, Witsel and Hazard are unfortunately 100% locks to start, so there's that.

100th international game for Courtois as well - if he keeps a clean sheet, it'll be 50 clean sheets in 100 games for him.

Real Name

Don't believe all those stories from Belgium dressing room and even if it's true or a part of it is it shouldn't be in our players minds at all.
Whatever problems they have they're still a bloody good side and who knows maybe they'll have a great game tomorrow. In any case they'll want to prove a point and it is a world cup after all, they won't go without a fight.

Also the fact a point suits us might mean we'll subconsciously play for a draw which never ends well.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Great Matchday. No one is qualified and only Canada is out, so every match will be hard fought.

I want Morocco to go through, hopefully as top of their group (altough a Spain - Morocco would be a classic). I don't know who would be more of a challenge for Spain between Belgium and Croatia, I guess Courtois and KDB could be more threatening.

I don't think that Japan will beat Spain. Having said that, a draw with Germany failing to beat Costa Rica by more than 1 goal is not that unlikely. It will depend on the german forwards and San Keylor Navas in the end.

Dash247

Hoping for Japan and Costa Rica to go through from Group E and Croatia and Morocco to go through. I like the underdog stories.

Reality would be Spain and Germany, Belgium and 2nd is tough to select between Croatia and Morocco.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Morocco surely can't feck this up now?
Looking to qualify for first time since '86

Although seeing Japan manage to lose to Costa Rica you never know

Cantonagotmehere

I missed the Japan vs CR game...could not believe the result after watching the 1st games. That's football I guess. I assume Germany smashes them and easily goes through with Spain.

croadyman

Well Poland did that tonight (wish they hadn't) so could be a good omen for Morocco

RedDevilMachine

It wouldn't even surprise me if Japan beat Spain, stranger things have happened at this World Cup. Japan always raises their game and show up against the elite teams. But Spain should beat them as long as they play their normal game and don't get rattled. Croatia is too street-smart and experienced to lose to Belgium. Belgium has shown nothing in their first two games, two clearly more inferior opponents than Croatia, even their win against Canada was a smash and grab, why would they suddenly show up against the best team in the group? Think Canada would put up a good fight and claim a draw against the Moroccans and Germany Costa Rica would be a goalfest if the Germans score early.

Swordsman

japan needs to beat spain ( almost impossible)
saudi needs to beat mexico (possible)

korea needs to beat portugal ( hmm difficult)

Left 2 teams.

frostbite

japan needs to beat spain ( almost impossible)
saudi needs to beat mexico (possible)

korea needs to beat portugal ( hmm difficult)

Left 2 teams.
Portugal is going to finish first in their group, no matter what happens in the last game. So, they could play with their second team and Korea could win.

Japan had their chance vs Costa Rica and they blew it. They will lose vs Spain.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Germany are going to crush Costa Rica. They're going to impose a very high tempo, an intensity that they won't be able to bear. Maybe because of their failure against Japan they are not considered favourites, but I liked them a lot.
They have to play with that forward with the fearsome name. Years ago he would be crossing the Rhine with a knife between his teeth :lol:
I suppose Luis Enrique will make changes. Balde on the left and in the middle it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest Pedri.Llorente or Soler.
I think he has called Guillamón to be a centre back but maybe he could give him a few minutes in the centre. Up front Morata with Nico and someone else.
If we go through I don't care who our opponents are. Morocco are in form, Croatia are as competitive as ever and Belgium...I can imagine Courtois shining against Morata.
The only thing I want is to play Brazil in the quarters.

Bogga

Why did they go from games at 11, 14, 17 and 20 to double games 16 and 20? (CET)

RoyH1

Germany are going to take out their frustrations and obliterate Costa Rica. Japan- Spain could get interesting if Luis Enrique tries to be too clever and Japan gets a lead, but I still think the Spanish have too much quality.

Croatia and Morocco should have this too

sillwuka

Comfortable win for Spain and Germany in the late kick offs.

Really interested in seeing Croatia play against Belgium, i think they will be too strong.

Antarion

IF Germany scores an early goal the game is done and dusted. But I could see an 0-0 if no goal in first 30 min and Costa Rica doing 10 man wall because they just need 1 point if Spain wins. Germany has some problems in finishing - could go from 0-0 to 5-0 (or a mighty counterattack bc the german defence is really dodgy)

Hard to predict if Spain want to risk much or not

The other group is more interesting of course. Belgium Croatia SHOULD be a cracker